Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (8/1): Austin Powers And Jax Delivers

griffin jax tyler austin ben rodriguez royce lewis zack littell
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 HrbekRules

HrbekRules

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 114 posts
  • Location1991

Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:30 AM

(I assume Jax is a 1st LT, although going thru the Academy he could be a CPT...does anyone know?)

He would still out as a 2ndLt coming from the academy.  He may have enough time in now to be a 1stLt, but he definitely isn't a Captain yet.

#22 Cap'n Piranha

Cap'n Piranha

• 2,273 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:31 AM

Will some of the newcomers be added to the top 20 rundown at some point?

#23 jaimedude2

jaimedude2

• 1,335 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:10 AM

Austin Powers Twins, let's get him up here, and exit the big P train Morrion soon.

#24 MN_ExPat

MN_ExPat

I had fun once... It was awful.

• 424 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia (the state, not the country)

Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:35 PM

He would still out as a 2ndLt coming from the academy.  He may have enough time in now to be a 1stLt, but he definitely isn't a Captain yet.

If he was Army, I would say right around year 3(ish) he would be looking at his O-3 (CPT), but I can't really speak for the Chair Force's timeline for officers (can't imagine it's too much different though).

#25 gman

gman

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 215 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:44 PM

With only 6 walks allowed in 60 innings, I hope someone can teach Jax some control soon. Over his last 5 starts he has averaged better than a strikeout per inning.

• DocBauer and nater79a like this

#26 DocBauer

DocBauer

• 5,598 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:16 PM

With only 6 walks allowed in 60 innings, I hope someone can teach Jax some control soon. Over his last 5 starts he has averaged better than a strikeout per inning.

I've thought for a while now Jax had a real chance to be a nice pitcher. Obviously the Twins thought the same thing. Age should not be held against him because his situation is so unique. Where he ranks at the end of this year may not fully reflect his potential. Mid 2019 projections may be more accurate.
"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."

--Lou Brown

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: griffin jax, tyler austin, ben rodriguez, royce lewis, zack littell