- Article: Packers vs. Vikings Game Thread
Today, 01:59 PM
- Article: Vikings are Young and a Bit Restless
Today, 11:44 AM
- Where Should The NFL Expand?
Today, 11:16 AM
- Article: Packers vs. Vikings preview: Time to Chill Out
Today, 10:26 AM
- Article: Fantasy Football Week 12 Rankings
Today, 08:46 AM
- Would the Vikings have made the playoffs if Adrian Peterson was playing?
Yesterday, 11:23 AM
- Article: Preparing For Life Without Adrian Peterson
Yesterday, 11:10 AM
- Article: Adrian Peterson/NFLPA Submit Letter of Appeal to NFL
Nov 21 2014 11:11 PM
- Article: NFL Suspends Adrian Peterson for Remainder of 2014 Season
Nov 21 2014 03:08 PM
- Peterson's Mea Culpa Tour Is Starting A Little Late
Nov 21 2014 11:31 AM
Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:42 PM
Ben Revere CF
Eduardo Escobar 2B
Joe Mauer C
Josh Willingham DH
Justin Morneau 1B
Ryan Doumit LF
Chris Parmelee RF
Trevor Plouffe 3B
Pedro Florimon SS
(Liam Hendriks P)
Shin-Soo Choo RF
Jason Kipnis 2B
Asdrubal Cabrera SS
Carlos Santana C
Michael Brantley CF
Russ Canzler DH
Casey Kotchman 1B
Vinny Rottino LF
Jack Hannahan 3B
(Jeanmar Gomez P)
Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:44 PM
I didn't realize the strike zone was a living, moving, changing thing from batter to batter, pitch to pitch.
While Coaching I had my moments of thinking the umpire was an idiot. That all changed when I put the gear on... Grabbed a clicker and actually umped a game.
It is hard.... I had no idea. Did the ball cross at the knees? The catcher will give a view and then shift as the pitch comes in and block your view.
There is little sense for a catcher to try and frame. You can't see the glove anyway. Been umping a couple years now and it's still hard. I'm a lot more empathetic now. All coaches should try it sometime. Parents as well.
With that said... Give the kid a break... He's looking for his first win.
Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:21 PM
"Mediocre breaking balls are a gift from God." - Kirby Puckett