- Article: When Should We Start Worrying About Teddy? Not This Year
Yesterday, 08:28 PM
- Former Viking And Love Boat Coordinator Fred Smoot Arrested
Yesterday, 01:35 PM
- Article: Where Do We Point The Finger?
Yesterday, 11:51 AM
- MUST SEE: Vikings' Matt Kalil Knocks Hat Off Fans' Head
Yesterday, 10:35 AM
- REPORT: Phil Loadholt Done For Season With Torn Pec
Nov 24 2014 08:52 PM
- Aaron Rodgers downs a "Grape Crush" at postgame press conference...
Nov 24 2014 03:35 PM
- Vikings legal team working with NFL to keep AP on sidelines
Nov 24 2014 03:03 PM
- AWESOME --> "The Bits Of Broken Chair Trophy"
Nov 24 2014 03:02 PM
- Article: Recap: Nascent Defense Shines as Vikings Move Towards Establishing Identity
Nov 24 2014 10:51 AM
- Article: Packers vs. Vikings preview: Time to Chill Out
Nov 24 2014 08:54 AM
Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:42 PM
Ben Revere CF
Eduardo Escobar 2B
Joe Mauer C
Josh Willingham DH
Justin Morneau 1B
Ryan Doumit LF
Chris Parmelee RF
Trevor Plouffe 3B
Pedro Florimon SS
(Liam Hendriks P)
Shin-Soo Choo RF
Jason Kipnis 2B
Asdrubal Cabrera SS
Carlos Santana C
Michael Brantley CF
Russ Canzler DH
Casey Kotchman 1B
Vinny Rottino LF
Jack Hannahan 3B
(Jeanmar Gomez P)
Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:44 PM
I didn't realize the strike zone was a living, moving, changing thing from batter to batter, pitch to pitch.
While Coaching I had my moments of thinking the umpire was an idiot. That all changed when I put the gear on... Grabbed a clicker and actually umped a game.
It is hard.... I had no idea. Did the ball cross at the knees? The catcher will give a view and then shift as the pitch comes in and block your view.
There is little sense for a catcher to try and frame. You can't see the glove anyway. Been umping a couple years now and it's still hard. I'm a lot more empathetic now. All coaches should try it sometime. Parents as well.
With that said... Give the kid a break... He's looking for his first win.
Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:21 PM
"Mediocre breaking balls are a gift from God." - Kirby Puckett