- Unencumbered galleries
Today, 12:25 AM
- Article: Clock Management Bites The Vikings Once Again
Yesterday, 07:58 PM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Yesterday, 05:40 PM
- Article: We Wish You a Purple Christmas
Yesterday, 10:55 AM
- Should Teddy win the ROY award?
Yesterday, 10:54 AM
- Article: Film Review: Teddy Dazzles While the Defense Grew Dim
Yesterday, 08:31 AM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: Salvaging Players, Fitting Zimmer's Defense, Chemistry and Draft Priorities
Yesterday, 06:15 AM
- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Yesterday, 01:03 AM
- Article: Pro Bowl Shuts Out Vikings
Dec 23 2014 11:28 PM
- Vikings Free Agency News
Dec 23 2014 07:16 PM
Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:42 PM
Ben Revere CF
Eduardo Escobar 2B
Joe Mauer C
Josh Willingham DH
Justin Morneau 1B
Ryan Doumit LF
Chris Parmelee RF
Trevor Plouffe 3B
Pedro Florimon SS
(Liam Hendriks P)
Shin-Soo Choo RF
Jason Kipnis 2B
Asdrubal Cabrera SS
Carlos Santana C
Michael Brantley CF
Russ Canzler DH
Casey Kotchman 1B
Vinny Rottino LF
Jack Hannahan 3B
(Jeanmar Gomez P)
Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:44 PM
I didn't realize the strike zone was a living, moving, changing thing from batter to batter, pitch to pitch.
While Coaching I had my moments of thinking the umpire was an idiot. That all changed when I put the gear on... Grabbed a clicker and actually umped a game.
It is hard.... I had no idea. Did the ball cross at the knees? The catcher will give a view and then shift as the pitch comes in and block your view.
There is little sense for a catcher to try and frame. You can't see the glove anyway. Been umping a couple years now and it's still hard. I'm a lot more empathetic now. All coaches should try it sometime. Parents as well.
With that said... Give the kid a break... He's looking for his first win.
Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:21 PM
"Mediocre breaking balls are a gift from God." - Kirby Puckett