Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Twins stuff from around the Web (Fangraphs, Twitter, Athletic, non-local news sites, etc)

machado #itcouldhappen
  • Please log in to reply
950 replies to this topic

#941 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• 30,917 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:25 PM

His chats aren't the easiest to find. I literally searched "Keith Law Chat" yesterday morning and came up empty. Anyone please feel free to borrow my question next time he has a chat.

They are almost every Thursday on his personal site.

It's been a fun year so far, GO Twins. 

#942 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• 30,917 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 02:03 PM

http://meadowparty.c...wchat-10-17-19/

Mike (NOT ME, BTW): Has what Royce Lewis done in the AFL given you more optimism that the swing adjustments are progressing and the talent is still intact? Kiley at Fangraphs said in his chat yesterday he’s still bullish.

Keith Law: What swing adjustments? He looked exactly the same – huge leg kick, big hitch – and did not hit at all during the regular season. Nothing is wrong with him physically, but I don’t think there’s a big leaguer who hits for average with a noisy approach like Lewis’s.

Dan: Hi Keith – thanks for your insights! Was wondering if you thought 2020 would be a realistic expectation for the White Sox to challenge for a division title with what they currently have? I know free agent additions could change this outlook. I also know they have a lot of question marks, especially on players coming back from injuries, but I’m not sure the Twins’ run this year is sustainable.

Keith Law: Not as currently constituted, but they should be very aggressive this winter. I do think the Twins’ run is sustainable, but the White Sox can match them with improvements from internal options plus two pieces added this winter.

Ron: Is this off season a good time for the Twins to trade Rosario? Would he bring any decent pitching? Your thoughts. Thanks as always for the chats!

Keith Law: A low-OBP corner outfielder who’s not a great defender and has two years remaining probably doesn’t bring back much pitching, especially if his power spike this year was more the baseball than anything new with him.

• Mike Frasier Law, jkcarew and obtusebanter like this

#943 jkcarew

jkcarew

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,537 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 03:45 PM

Keith Law: What swing adjustments? He looked exactly the same – huge leg kick, big hitch – and did not hit at all during the regular season. Nothing is wrong with him physically, but I don’t think there’s a big leaguer who hits for average with a noisy approach like Lewis’s.

FWIW...looking at the clip of Lewis hitting the AFL all-star home run...I don't see anything different, either. On the other hand...is it the goal of any prospect these days to "hit for average"? Rhetorical. It's fascinating to see/hear the experts have conflicting opinions on the same guy. Thanks.

#944 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 22,954 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:16 PM

FWIW...looking at the clip of Lewis hitting the AFL all-star home run...I don't see anything different, either. On the other hand...is it the goal of any prospect these days to "hit for average"? Rhetorical. It's fascinating to see/hear the experts have conflicting opinions on the same guy. Thanks.

Law seems to be relatively accurate in his assessments but is hardly exempt from missing the mark relatively often, too (a good reminder that scouting is hardly a precise science). We should probably have concerns about Lewis but if we have concerns, Falvine probably also have concerns and possibly a solution.

• Mike Frasier Law likes this

#945 SpicyGarvSauce

SpicyGarvSauce

Ft Myers Miracle

• 438 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 09:59 AM

Sorry, I don't trust anything Law has to say.

#946 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• 30,917 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:43 AM

Sorry, I don't trust anything Law has to say.

Based on? And why bother reading then?

Edited by Mike Sixel, 18 October 2019 - 10:43 AM.

• SQUIRREL likes this

#947 USAFChief

USAFChief

Bad puns. That's how eye roll.

• 25,365 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:46 AM

Based on?  

KLaw hates the Twins. 

• Mike Sixel, PseudoSABR and Vanimal46 like this

Cutting my carbs...with a pizza slicer.

#948 SpicyGarvSauce

SpicyGarvSauce

Ft Myers Miracle

• 438 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 08:54 AM

Based on? And why bother reading then?

I read the bit that was posted in this thread....okay?

And because Law has proven himself to be wrong before...

#949 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

G.O.A.T.

• 14,659 posts
  • Locationthe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:20 PM

I read the bit that was posted in this thread....okay?

And because Law has proven himself to be wrong before...

Has someone out there not proven themselves wrong before?

• Mike Sixel, SwainZag, Major League Ready and 1 other like this

#950 USAFChief

USAFChief

Bad puns. That's how eye roll.

• 25,365 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:01 PM

Has someone out there not proven themselves wrong before?

Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken about that.

• PseudoSABR and jkcarew like this

Cutting my carbs...with a pizza slicer.

#951 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• 30,917 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:15 PM

JA
3:12 Hearing a lot of talk about the Twins being big players in free agent pitching. If the top 5-6 sign elsewhere, do you see enough prospect capital for them to pull off two or three substantial trades to put a World Series contending staff?
Steve Adams
3:13 I'll be surprised if the Twins don't sign one of those top 5-6 names. But yes, their system is deep and generally regarded to be among the upper third of farm clubs. Problem is, as mentioned before, there are more upside plays than sure things on the trade market.
Stevil
3:14 Last offseason we saw Lynn land a deal that seemed like a ridiculous overpay. Time proved it wasn't. Who could you see as the comparative this offseason?
Steve Adams
3:14 Kyle Gibson

https://www.jotcast....19-19-6446.html

• Sconnie likes this