Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Twins stuff from around the Web (Fangraphs, Twitter, Athletic, non-local news sites, etc)

machado #itcouldhappen
  • Please log in to reply
615 replies to this topic

#601 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 11,326 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:09 PM

Minnesota Twins ZIPS projections on Fangraphs...

https://blogs.fangra...innesota-twins/
  • jorgenswest, Mike Sixel, nytwinsfan and 1 other like this

#602 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 28,113 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 05:27 PM

• snepp, spycake and dbminn like this
Have. Not of. Have a great day.

#603 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 28,113 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 05:28 PM

• nicksaviking, TheLeviathan, spycake and 2 others like this

#604 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 28,113 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 03:06 PM

2:05
WabashCannonball: Ok now where does Keuchel go?
2:05
Meg Rowley: I don’t think he *will* go there, but I would like very much to see Minnesota do more

https://blogs.fangra...s-chat-2-19-19/

• gunnarthor, Twins33 and nytwinsfan like this

#605 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 11,326 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted Yesterday, 11:13 AM

• Twins33 and Ben Noble like this

#606 howieramone2

howieramone2

Just say no to myths!

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  • LocationMaple Grove/Schaumburg

Posted Yesterday, 11:31 AM

I like this move, but I have no problem with Adrianza either. With this move, another extension or so, presto changeo and we're nearing last year's payroll. 

• Twins33 likes this

25% of the time you can beat anybody. 25% of the time you can't beat nobody. It's the other 50% of the time that defines you as a pitcher.

#607 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 4,583 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:32 AM

This is probably worthy of its own thread.Marwin would add more talent and flexibility but there's not an open spot in the line up for him, and I imagine it would end any chance of Astudillo making the opening day roster.

#608 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 11,326 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted Yesterday, 11:35 AM

This is probably worthy of its own thread. Marwin would add more talent and flexibility but there's not an open spot in the line up for him, and I imagine it would end any chance of Astudillo making the opening day roster.

That's the beauty of Marwin's flexibility. He can fill in anywhere on the field, minus premium SS and CF. Even without an obvious fit in the lineup he'll have no issue getting 100+ starts all over the diamond. I would be extremely comfortable him being the super utility guy over Adrianza and Austudillo.
  • Twins33, PseudoSABR and jkcarew like this

#609 howieramone2

howieramone2

Just say no to myths!

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  • LocationMaple Grove/Schaumburg

Posted Yesterday, 11:40 AM

This is probably worthy of its own thread.Marwin would add more talent and flexibility but there's not an open spot in the line up for him, and I imagine it would end any chance of Astudillo making the opening day roster.

Astudillo is the flavor of the month but still good depth and valuable. Assuming both of our catchers are healthy, I can see us trading Castro if another team's regular catcher comes up injured. They will move Castro no later than the deadline.

• Mike Sixel likes this

25% of the time you can beat anybody. 25% of the time you can't beat nobody. It's the other 50% of the time that defines you as a pitcher.

#610 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Minnesota Twins

• Members
  • 4,582 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:02 PM

Astudillo is the flavor of the month but still good depth and valuable. Assuming both of our catchers are healthy, I can see us trading Castro if another team's regular catcher comes up injured. They will move Castro no later than the deadline.

Yeah, because that’s what teams are looking for a the trade deadline: a .200 ish hitting catcher in his 30s coming off a knee injury.

#611 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 28,113 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:57 PM

Yeah, because that’s what teams are looking for a the trade deadline: a .200 ish hitting catcher in his 30s coming off a knee injury.

The dude was better than median his first year here. If he's healthy, he'll be valuable to either MN or someone else.

• Twins33 and Ben Noble like this

#612 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 28,113 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:27 PM

mike sixel
2:09 No longer prospects, but who do you like more for the next 4-6 years, Buxton or Sano? Thanks.....
Eric A Longenhagen
2:09 Buxton's floor is Billy Hamilton so I'll say him. I'm disappointed Sano let his body get to where it has.

https://blogs.fangra...n-chat-2-21-19/

#613 amjgt

amjgt

• Members
  • 2,416 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:36 PM

Sam Miller on ESPN.com

Who is the biggest winner of Machado joining the Padres?

Miller: Cleveland. With the White Sox failing to sign Machado, Cleveland can now be pretty sure no other team in the division will win even 85 games this year. Terry Francona can start resting his players for the playoffs ... now.

#614 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 28,113 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:38 PM

Sam Miller on ESPN.com

Miller: Cleveland. With the White Sox failing to sign Machado, Cleveland can now be pretty sure no other team in the division will win even 85 games this year. Terry Francona can start resting his players for the playoffs ... now.

ouch.

#615 USAFChief

USAFChief

Anyone got a smoke?

• Twins Mods
  • 22,286 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted Yesterday, 03:16 PM

You keep predicting the Twins will be out of contention by the deadline. 

Don't give up hope.

• Hosken Bombo Disco likes this

Cutting my carbs...with a pizza slicer.

#616 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• Twins Mods
  • 13,236 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:38 PM

Sam Miller on ESPN.com

He thought the White Sox would have been won 85 games with Machado this year? Was he going to be their #1, #2 and #3 starter as well?

• Twins33 and Dman like this