Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: KC 4, MIN 2: For Sale

joe mauer lance lynn eddie rosario
  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 USAFChief

USAFChief

Bad puns. That's how eye roll.

• 25,359 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:19 AM

I think I understand what you are saying but I'm not sure "why" you are saying it.

Things are time sensitive these days which will cause a variety of reactions from all of us offering opinion on it.

I know it isn't our decision but we have 10 games to decide how we feel on:

Do we trade Brian Dozier or do we ride his pending hot streak into the playoffs?

I made up my mind on June 23rd but I'm not sure if Paul Molitor and the front office share my opinion.

So, I'm OK with the additional clarity that has been provided the past couple of games. It makes the decision easier.

it means another season of failure.

I hate that. Hate it.

So no, I'm not going to celebrate a failed season, no matter what they might acquire by trading players.

I want to watch a meaningful game this afternoon. Care about winning or losing. That's why I watch.

I wish they had won these two games in KC. Today would be more interesting. Some A ball hope and prayer in Return for Dozier means nothing to me. Zero. Less than zero.
  • bluechipper and Don Walcott like this

Cutting my carbs...with a pizza slicer.

#22 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• 22,309 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks, ND

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:23 AM

I hate that. Hate it.

So no, I'm not going to celebrate a failed season, no matter what they might acquire by trading players.

I want to watch a meaningful game this afternoon. Care about winning or losing. That's why I watch.

I wish they had won these two games in KC. Today would be more interesting. Some A ball hope and prayer in Return for Dozier means nothing to me. Zero. Less than zero.

there-there-gif-14.gif

• TheLeviathan, Bill Tanner and wsnydes like this

A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

President of the "Baseball Player Positional Flexibility" Club 

Founded 4-23-16 

Strike Zone Automation Advocate

I'm not a starting 9 guy!!!

#23 Roaddog

Roaddog

• 256 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:23 AM

I'm willing to give the Front office some leeway. They were absolutely right about Melatokis. I'm even willing to forgive the Morrison signing. Low risk high reward signing, IMO. And I don't think anyone forsaw Lynn struggling like he has. I think we are seeing just how barren our farm system is on the higher levels this year. Romero has shown flashes, Gonslaves as well. But particularly we haven't had position player help other than Cave. Is there help on the horizon, yes. Also no one saw Sano, Buxton and Kepler struggling like they have. Be thankful for Rosario, Berrios, Escobar and even Gibson.
  • Riverbrian, Dman, Hosken Bombo Disco and 1 other like this

#24 wsnydes

wsnydes

Baseball season goes past September?!

• 3,934 posts
  • LocationApple Valley

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:55 AM

I hate that. Hate it.

I don't think anyone is celebrating. Accepting the fate of the team doesn't have to mean that people are happy for any of this. I'm happy to have some clarity on the season, but I'm in no way happy that it's another failed season. It doesn't mean that I don't want to watch meaningful baseball. It doesn't mean that I don't care whether they win or lose. But pretending this team is something that it is not doesn't help anything.
  • glunn, Mike Sixel, alarp33 and 6 others like this
"Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes it rains."

#25 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• 16,930 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 11:01 AM

I don't think anyone is celebrating. Accepting the fate of the team doesn't have to mean that people are happy for any of this. I'm happy to have some clarity on the season, but I'm in no way happy that it's another failed season. It doesn't mean that I don't want to watch meaningful baseball. It doesn't mean that I don't care whether they win or lose. But pretending this team is something that it is not doesn't help anything.

Well said. I was really excited for a playoff season. This sucks.

But it would suck more if we kept digging the hole deeper.
  • diehardtwinsfan, Riverbrian, jimmer and 2 others like this

#26 Roaddog

Roaddog

• 256 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 11:08 AM

No one is celebrating, it's more accepting fate. And going about getting better for the future.
  • Riverbrian, TheLeviathan, jimmer and 1 other like this

#27 ChrisKnutson

ChrisKnutson

• 589 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 12:12 PM

Anyone up for heckling/booing Molitor at a home game?

#28 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Cooperstown

• 6,538 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 02:19 PM

I'm willing to give the Front office some leeway. They were absolutely right about Melatokis. I'm even willing to forgive the Morrison signing. Low risk high reward signing, IMO. And I don't think anyone forsaw Lynn struggling like he has. I think we are seeing just how barren our farm system is on the higher levels this year. Romero has shown flashes, Gonslaves as well. But particularly we haven't had position player help other than Cave. Is there help on the horizon, yes. Also no one saw Sano, Buxton and Kepler struggling like they have. Be thankful for Rosario, Berrios, Escobar and even Gibson.

No one knows how barren the farm is because this FO isn’t giving the guys on the farm an opportunity to play.

#29 twins_89

twins_89

Ft Myers Miracle

• 392 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:48 PM

Anyone waiting for a sign that the Twins should sell clearly got it today. An inside the park HR by Drew Butera to seal a Royals sweep is the most clear sign I've ever seen.

#30 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Minnesota Twins

• 11,695 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 04:58 PM

Ok, sell, but what are people hoping for? Honest question. Another Tyler Watson type? Bonus money we will not spend? (I'm sure Watson is a terrific guy.)

I think my position is pretty close to chief's. Though I understand he will probably be traded, I think I would rather watch Dozier the whole year, let him have a curtain call late in September (heck I might even attend such a game in person to applaud him) than have him shipped off suddenly on the 31st.
He measured the achievements of others by what they had accomplished, asking of them that they measure him by what he envisaged or planned.
- J. L. Borges

#31 Nine of twelve

Nine of twelve

Minnesota Twins

• 2,530 posts
  • LocationEarth, for the time being

Posted 22 July 2018 - 05:15 PM

Here ends the 2018 season. All efforts should now be directed toward making 2019 as good as possible. I am quite optimistic about next season for many reasons, and I know I'm not alone.

#32 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Cooperstown

• 6,538 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 05:18 PM

I think you underestimate the common fan. I’m pretty sure most know Dozier likely won’t be around come August 1.

If he’s still around on the 30th, I suspect he’ll get more than the usual applause. I suspect he got that on the homestand going into the break as well.

#33 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• 16,930 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 05:39 PM

Ok, sell, but what are people hoping for? Honest question. Another Tyler Watson type? Bonus money we will not spend? (I'm sure Watson is a terrific guy.)

I think my position is pretty close to chief's. Though I understand he will probably be traded, I think I would rather watch Dozier the whole year, let him have a curtain call late in September (heck I might even attend such a game in person to applaud him) than have him shipped off suddenly on the 31st.

How about another Escobar?If we even land one player like that it'd be nice.

There will be plenty to root for the last few months, including the return of Buxton and Sano.Hopefully we'll see some Gordon, Wade, Romero, Gonsalves, or others.  

There will always be reasons to be a fan, but this season is lost.Sell and get as many lottery tickets as you can for guys like Lynn, Reed, Rodney, Duke, etc.Sell for the best offer on Esco and Dozier.Explore if someone will knock your socks off for Gibson.

We don't have to get a mind-blowing return for it to benefit our fandom going forward.I doubt anyone here was jumping up and down about getting Escobar, but we whooped the White Sox in that trade and it has helped lead to more wins for our team.Let's hope we can land a few more guys to help for yearsto come.

• Hosken Bombo Disco likes this

#34 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Minnesota Twins

• 11,695 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 06:10 PM

How about another Escobar?If we even land one player like that it'd be nice.

There will be plenty to root for the last few months, including the return of Buxton and Sano.Hopefully we'll see some Gordon, Wade, Romero, Gonsalves, or others.  

There will always be reasons to be a fan, but this season is lost.Sell and get as many lottery tickets as you can for guys like Lynn, Reed, Rodney, Duke, etc.Sell for the best offer on Esco and Dozier.Explore if someone will knock your socks off for Gibson.

We don't have to get a mind-blowing return for it to benefit our fandom going forward.I doubt anyone here was jumping up and down about getting Escobar, but we whooped the White Sox in that trade and it has helped lead to more wins for our team.Let's hope we can land a few more guys to help for yearsto come.

How about, Escobar for Escobar!

Seriously though, receiving another Escobar type would be a great return. I have some doubts on the likelihood of that, but we'll see.
He measured the achievements of others by what they had accomplished, asking of them that they measure him by what he envisaged or planned.
- J. L. Borges

#35 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• 16,930 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 06:48 PM

How about, Escobar for Escobar!

Seriously though, receiving another Escobar type would be a great return. I have some doubts on the likelihood of that, but we'll see.

Doubts are totally legit.Most trade returns aren't going to be amazing and they make take awhile to manifest.

We might get nothing for selling in the end.Key word is might.If we do nothing and hold on to these players we are guaranteed to get nothing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: joe mauer, lance lynn, eddie rosario