Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (7/19): Extra! Extra! Read All About It!

kohl stewart brent rooker aaron whitefield akil baddoo jose martinez
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 26,746 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:59 AM

I'm 'optimistically cautious' (how's that!) on Rooker.

He's also 4th in the league in strike-outs with a K% of nearly 30.And looking less and less likely to stick defensively in the outfield.The good news is the power continues to show that it would probably plays at 1B/DH....and the K-rate is holding steady from what he showed last year at Ft. Myers.

I'd say that's the camp I'm in......

There's always next year, or the next, or maybe by the time I'm Chief's age, I guess....

#22 drivlikejehu

drivlikejehu

• Members
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 11:07 AM

I think Rooker is hard to evaluate statistically because he was an older draftee . . . in terms of age alone, his performance is mediocre and really not encouraging. On the other hand, AA pitching is far superior to what Rooker saw in the SEC, and so some difficulty adjusting is not necessarily cause for alarm.

If you ain't got no haters, you ain't poppin'.

#23 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 12,416 posts
  • LocationThe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 20 July 2018 - 12:42 PM

his K rate has trended down, albeit slowly. 

#24 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 14,061 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 03:45 PM

his K rate has trended down, albeit slowly.

Very slowly, like by 1 K per month. And even that has reversed for July so far.

April 29.7%
May 28.7%
June 28.0%
July 32.4%

#25 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 10,323 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 20 July 2018 - 04:27 PM

Very slowly, like by 1 K per month. And even that has reversed for July so far.

April 29.7%
May 28.7%
June 28.0%
July 32.4%

So we have another Adam Brett Walker III... Oh boy! Can't wait for the heated debates

#26 gagu

gagu

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationLimache, Chile

Posted 20 July 2018 - 05:58 PM

I don't mind the 7-inning games, Tom.Mostly because the fans get 14-innings or 16-innings of baseball.And you know from the start that you are playing 7.If the point is to shorten games, I would much rather see them play an inning or two extra, then if still tied book it as a tie. 

So many things happen starting with a runner on second that effect the outcome........  

For MiLB, I think you hit on the best solution to the problem. Two innings to break a tie is a reasonable solution. Starting out each inning with a runner on second is totally artificial. A short step above deciding the contest on a compacted home run derby. At least a tie is a legitimate result. The current rule is a gimmick. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kohl stewart, brent rooker, aaron whitefield, akil baddoo, jose martinez