Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Six Twins Featured on MLBTR's Top 75 Trade Candidates

eduardo escobar brian dozier fernando rodney zach duke jake odorizzi
  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 old nurse

old nurse

• Members
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:27 PM

If this is true and All Machado brings back is one preseason B/B- prospect (45 FV) one will hope the Twin's scouts are better than the online talent evaluators

#42 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 27,010 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:48 PM

If this is true and All Machado brings back is one preseason B/B- prospect (45 FV) one will hope the Twin's scouts are better than the online talent evaluators

Fangraphs guy says they got a starting outfielder, back end starter, a relief pitcher, and two utility players. For 2.5 months of a player. I'd take that.
  • Dman likes this

There's always next year, or the next, or maybe by the time I'm Chief's age, I guess....

#43 Dman

Dman

• Members
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:57 PM

Fangraphs guy says they got a starting outfielder, back end starter, a relief pitcher, and two utility players. For 2.5 months of a player. I'd take that.

That's like getting five extra draft picks except you know that these players have had some level of success in Pro ball.Pretty good get for a rental.I did think that Baltimore would have gone with just two players and get like Diaz and May their number 10 prospect.That would have given them a potential star outfielder and a potential number 3 starter.I guess the more lotto tickets the better as you never know who is going to turn out.Still very good deal for a rental.

#44 Danchat

Danchat

Pro Bowl Armchair QB

• Members
  • 3,931 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:58 PM

If you could guarantee they'd all pan out, yes, that'd absolutely be worth it. Though with 5 prospects your chances of getting good player(s) is higher just because you've acquired so many.

#45 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

G.O.A.T.

• Twins Mods
  • 12,498 posts
  • Locationthe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 19 July 2018 - 07:27 PM

I'd say all of them are pretty decent sleeper/upside type guys. Everyone has performed. Yes, only one is a highly thought of prospect at this point, but each of those guys could end up being quality major leaguers. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: eduardo escobar, brian dozier, fernando rodney, zach duke, jake odorizzi