Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Get to know each other

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

Poll: Twins Daily on Social Media (104 member(s) have cast votes)

I follow Twins Daily on...

1. Twitter (10 votes [9.62%])

Percentage of vote: 9.62%

2. Facebook (9 votes [8.65%])

Percentage of vote: 8.65%

3. Both (14 votes [13.46%])

Percentage of vote: 13.46%

4. Neither (71 votes [68.27%])

Percentage of vote: 68.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 beckmt

beckmt

• Members
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 06:28 AM

1.) Where are you from? Around the Twins Cities area, started in SLP and spent a good number of years in Eden Prairie.Now between northern suburbs of the Twins Cities and Clearwater, FL (wife can no longer spend winters in Minnesota).
2.) Age Range? 71
3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? blind luck I guess
4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? small high school so I tried, was not very good, playedsome softball for a fewyears in my 20's (Was much better at other things).
5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Rosario, loved Killebrew,unappreciated Bill Campbell for a few years.
6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? science fiction fan various authors. David Drake, David Weber, Brandon Sanderson mainly at this time.
7.) Favorite Twitter follows? Have account, do not use.
8.) Other interests outside of baseball. tournament bridge (I am pretty good), also do some gaming, played alot of stratomatic baseball for about 35 seasons (yes there are a couple of leagues in the twin cities).Also like music (folk rock to 80's mainly).
9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... lot of the comments on the Twins, also appreciate the minor league section.
10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season? More on prospects out of season. 
11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?" No just never at the right time.

Edited by beckmt, 22 December 2018 - 06:28 AM.

• Carole Keller, ashbury and Sconnie like this

#142 ashbury

ashbury

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 22,143 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 22 December 2018 - 11:14 AM

Now between northern suburbs of the Twins Cities and Clearwater, FL

Not Ft Myers? :)

I don't have to tell you it goes without saying there are some things better left unsaid. I think that speaks for itself. The less said about it, the better. -- George Carlin

#143 cardsfan

cardsfan

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 12:39 PM

Where are you from? St. Louis suburbs
2.) Age Range? 50's
3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? Internet search
4.) Sandlot baseball
5.) Favorite Twins Player? Rod Carew
6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? Stltoday
7.) Favorite Twitter follows? Have account, do not use.
8.) Other interests outside of baseball: traveling
9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... forums section.
10.) Tell us what we can do better: more posters
  • ashbury, diehardtwinsfan, stringer bell and 1 other like this

#144 RGR71

RGR71

Elizabethton Twins

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 08:03 AM

1) Grew up in St Louis Park and now live in the Big Lake area.

2) I am in my late 40"s

3) What brought me to TD- The need for better Twins news and updates! I found it here! I have been a Twins fan since my Grandpa took to my 1st game at the old Met.

4) I made it through 1 year of tee ball.

5) My favorite Twin of all times is Kent Hrbek, and Eddy Rosario is my favorite current Twin.

6) My favorite non TD site, I am not sure, the rest come and go.

7) No Twitter for me.

8) My other interests. I have a fishing problem, a big one.

9) My favorite part about TD, I like reading the articles and seeing all the different opinions on them. I am going to start commenting and thought this would be the place to start.

10) Keep up the good work.

11) I have not been to a TD event.

• Carole Keller, ashbury and Sconnie like this

#145 ashbury

ashbury

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 22,143 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 30 March 2019 - 08:14 AM

I am going to start commenting and thought this would be the place to start.

Indeed, I was planning to say, "good first post, don't let it be your last," but you were way ahead of me. :)

• Sconnie and RGR71 like this

I don't have to tell you it goes without saying there are some things better left unsaid. I think that speaks for itself. The less said about it, the better. -- George Carlin

#146 LA VIkes Fan

LA VIkes Fan

• Members
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 09:35 AM

Interesting idea. I’m game.

1. Where are you from? Born in International Falls, grew up thru age 12 in Faribault, Jr. High in Minnetonka, HS in Edina , college is San Antonio, Law School in Austin, Tx. Moved to LA after Law Schhol, been here ever since. Live in Palos Verdes, Ca, work in Beverly Hills.

2. Age? 61.

3. Found Twins Daily on an internet search for “Twins blogs”. Turned up blogs on raising twins, Twins Daily, Twinkie Town, and some interesting sites with twin women.... At my age, the baseball sites seemed most relevant.

4. Played in slow pitch softball leagues into my mid 30s. Infielder. 2B on a good team, 3B on decent teams, and if I was the SS, knew we were in for a very long season.

5. Favorite all time Twin: Puckett or Hrbek (man stole the WS by pushing a guy off first and tagging him out - love that). Underrated Twin - Greg Gagne and Zoila Versailles- best two SS we’ve had. Current Twin - Eddie Rosario, best player we got, and Taylor Rogers, cold blooded assasin. He’s the closer.

6. My favorite blog site other than Twins Daily is the Daily Norseman.

7. No Twitter. Tried it once, looked up and realize that I just spent three hours of my life I wasn’t going to get back. I’m way too obsessive to even start with something like that.

8. I have varied interests. I like football, baseball, basketball (Lakers and Clippers), hockey, and good food and wine. Also an occasional scotch.

9. My favorite part about Twins Daily is to chat with people who are just as obsessed as I am, thanking about the rotation 15 games out and how the batting order could be tweaked to get an extra run or two a game. I have to say having been on the site for only a little more than a year, I am incredibly impressed with the level of knowledge and sophistication of the people who post here. I actually learned a lot about the team and baseball in general just from reading what people say. Very impressive and very fun.

10. Never been to a Twins Daily event although glunn did invite me to go with the group to a Twins /Angels game last season. I wasn’t able to go but I appreciate it. I don’t go back to Minnesota much anymore. I have a couple of friends still there from high school but last time I went up there I got off the plane and it was 40 below zero wind chill. That was the moment I said to myself that staying in Southern California was probably the better call.

11. The only thing I can think of that would make the site better would be more posts and articles. Easy for me to say since I’m not doing any of the work.
  • ashbury and Sconnie like this

#147 rdehring

rdehring

Rochester Red Wings

• Members
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 10:01 AM

1. I grew up on a farm near Waupun, WI where I went to high school.Went to Madison to attend UW and lived there until I was 41.Moved to the Twin Cities (western suburbs) at that time and have been there since.

2. I am 74.

3. Found TD because of a relationship I developed with Seth back when we were among the very few blogging about the Twins minor leagues (he at his site and me at John Bonnes' Twins Territory which became Twinkie Town).

4. Living on a farm, there wasn't any baseball available when I was a kid.Did play two years of high school ball at Waupun, however, a better description would be watched others play while sitting on the bench.

5. Favorite Twin has to be Brad Radke.Underrated would be Denard Span and current Twin has to be Eddie, Eddie, Eddie.

6. The only other baseball blog I look at is Twinkie Town.As for other blogs, I follow Acme Packing Co for the Packers and Bucky's 5th Quarter for my Badgers.

7.I'm an old guy, so no Twitter, no Facebook or any of the other current social media.

8.My interests settle around sports to a large extent (Twins, Badgers, Packers and Wild).Also enjoy travel, too much food and spending time with the kids and grand kids in Columbus, Ohio and Denver.Used to love wine, however, have developed an allergy to it...so not more.

9.My favorite part of TD is keeping up on what is happening down on the farm.Try to read daily reports in several of the local newspapers (Rochester, Cedar Rapids, ETon, etc).But often don't have the time, or in some cases ability, to go there so TD is my main source of keeping up with who's doing what.

10.Think I went to one event back whenever, but none since.

11.Can't think of anything off hand that would improve TD.Don't particularly care for comments that continually bash the front office and owners as I suspect they are doing the best job they can.But each has their own opinion and I know, I don't have to read them.  

• woolywoolhouse and Sconnie like this

#148 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 7,177 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 04:38 PM

1.) Where are you from?

Born in Northeast Minneapolis. Settled in Wright county at age 9, with stopovers in Coon Rapids and Pine City on the way. Moved back to the metro as a young adult, before starting a family back here in Wright county.

2.) Age Range?

I'm 36.

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily?

Grew tired of the cesspool that the other local sports forum became, heard about Twins Daily as a reader of Aaron and Seth's respective sites.

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played?

High School. And that's only because I was fortunate to attend a small school that needed bodies. I was really good with the glove in the middle infield, but couldn't hit my way out of a paper bag. My gameplan was typically to hope I got a pitch inside that I could wear to first base.

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player?

All time: Kirby Puckett.
Underappreciated: Brad Radke or Jason Kubel.
Current: Jose Berrios.

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors?

Nelson DeMille.
The Charm School might be my favorite book that nobody has ever heard of. It's essentially a prequel to the TV show The Americans. It's about a tourist taking a road trip across Europe after college in the 80's, and he stumbles across a secret Soviet town where they train people to pass as Americans.
Very few can write in the first person as skillfully as DeMille, and if you enjoy a tactful dose of sarcasm and dry humor in your political thriller, you can't do much better.

7.) Favorite Twitter follows?

Don't use Twitter.

8.) Other interests outside of baseball.

Camping, woodworking, music, old movies, cooking.

We took up RV'ing about 3 years ago, it's created many awesome memories that I'm trying to savor while I still have the kids (15 & 12) attention.

I've been practicing and learning and experimenting for about 9 years now as a home chef. Cooking has become my meditation, and I've gotten fairly good at it.
My wife and I hope to open a small restaurant up north somewhere when we get into semi retirement age.

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily.

Definitely the minor league coverage. It's honestly top notch stuff, light years better than any local sports media.

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season?

I think doing some player profile series on current and former players would be awesome. Something personal, their backstories outside of sports, what they do as people not ballplayers. What are they passionate about, etc.

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?"

I haven't.
  • woolywoolhouse and Sconnie like this

#149 dex8425

dex8425

Elizabethton Twins

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:08 PM

1.) Where are you from? Grew up in the northwestern suburbs of the Twin Cities, went to college in Indiana, came back for law school and now live in Crystal. 

2.) Age Range? 27. 

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? I found it through twinkietown and found the forums refreshing-people here actually know what they're talking about and have a long-term realistic outlook (well some of you;)) I can't read the comments on Strib articles anymore. 

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? Through HS. Batted 2nd, played 2nd and pitched. It was my favorite sport until I became obsessed with golf (my high school didn't have a baseball team and all my friends played golf) and then had to stop playing baseball when I played golf on scholarship in college. I loved the "art" of pitching and how much thinking was required during the game. Probably why I took to golf. 

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Favorite current Twin would be Kyle Gibson. My favorite Twin growing up was Dougie M.

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? I read baseball prospectus articles quite a bit, and also frequent the slowtwitch forums (see other interests)

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? Not on twitter (anymore). Was spending too much time on it.

8.) Other interests outside of baseball. Spend a lot of time riding and racing bicycles, and running.  

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... forums, blogs, articles, topics... wahtever you like. The abundance of articles, especially on the Twins minor league system. 

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season? I'd like to see more of the "get to know players as a person" type articles. The background on Devin Smeltzer recently was excellent. 

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?" I wasn't aware there were events! I love talking baseball though...

• Carole Keller, ashbury, woolywoolhouse and 1 other like this

#150 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

I only stalk idiots.

• Twins Mods
  • 22,555 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:46 PM

1.) Where are you from? Grew up in the northwestern suburbs of the Twin Cities, went to college in Indiana, came back for law school and now live in Crystal. 

2.) Age Range? 27. 

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? I found it through twinkietown and found the forums refreshing-people here actually know what they're talking about and have a long-term realistic outlook (well some of you;)) I can't read the comments on Strib articles anymore. 

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? Through HS. Batted 2nd, played 2nd and pitched. It was my favorite sport until I became obsessed with golf (my high school didn't have a baseball team and all my friends played golf) and then had to stop playing baseball when I played golf on scholarship in college. I loved the "art" of pitching and how much thinking was required during the game. Probably why I took to golf. 

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Favorite current Twin would be Kyle Gibson. My favorite Twin growing up was Dougie M.

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? I read baseball prospectus articles quite a bit, and also frequent the slowtwitch forums (see other interests)

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? Not on twitter (anymore). Was spending too much time on it.

8.) Other interests outside of baseball. Spend a lot of time riding and racing bicycles, and running.  

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... forums, blogs, articles, topics... wahtever you like. The abundance of articles, especially on the Twins minor league system. 

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season? I'd like to see more of the "get to know players as a person" type articles. The background on Devin Smeltzer recently was excellent. 

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?" I wasn't aware there were events! I love talking baseball though...

Welcome to TD!

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#151 woolywoolhouse

woolywoolhouse

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 02:05 PM

1.) Where are you from? Blaine, by way of Elk River --> Northern Iowa --> Winona. 

2.) Age Range? Like Opening Week at Target Field, Upper-30s.

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? I searched for "Twins Ticket Contests" and the Gleeman and the Geek giveaway came up. 

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? JV Baseball; Beer-League Softball; Currently coaching 1st graders.

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Favorite of all time- Hrbek. Favorite underappreciated - Newman (when I worked at a Twins' radio affiliate, he asked me "Which way to the potty?" and won my heart.) Current - Eddie (my son's name, but not after Rosario, at least if you ask my wife.)

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? I don't play favorites. 

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? I just search for the hashtag #mntwins during games. 

8.) Other interests outside of baseball? I dabble in comedy. I'm funnier in real life.

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily? Filling out this form. 

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season? Keep being you (although more ticket giveaways would be great.)

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily events? I was going to, but then I got a job with the Minnesota Twins, and I had to go to work at Target Field instead. And it's a fun job, too!

• Carole Keller, Sconnie and bighat like this

SblamiVvl-SFSfi_8yN5GGvjJk0=.gif

#152 ashbury

ashbury

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 22,143 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 05 June 2019 - 02:17 PM

8.) Other interests outside of baseball? I dabble in comedy. I'm funnier in real life.

Don't quit your day job. :)

But seriously (ladies and germs) I'd say welcome, but you've been here a while, so instead, thanks for sharing.

• Nine of twelve likes this

#153 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

I only stalk idiots.

• Twins Mods
  • 22,555 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 02:33 PM

1.) Where are you from? Blaine, by way of Elk River --> Northern Iowa --> Winona. 

2.) Age Range? Like Opening Week at Target Field, Upper-30s.

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? I searched for "Twins Ticket Contests" and the Gleeman and the Geek giveaway came up. 

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? JV Baseball; Beer-League Softball; Currently coaching 1st graders.

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Favorite of all time- Hrbek. Favorite underappreciated - Newman (when I worked at a Twins' radio affiliate, he asked me "Which way to the potty?" and won my heart.) Current - Eddie (my son's name, but not after Rosario, at least if you ask my wife.)

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? I don't play favorites. 

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? I just search for the hashtag #mntwins during games. 

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season? Keep being you (although more ticket giveaways would be great.)

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily events? I was going to, but then I got a job with the Minnesota Twins, and I had to go to work at Target Field instead. And it's a fun job, too!

Winona! I'm from Chicago (now) by way of Ottawa, CAN, St. Paul, Minneapolis, Northfield, Winona :)

• woolywoolhouse likes this

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#154 Thegrin

Thegrin

• Members
  • 976 posts
  • LocationRipon, CA

Posted 05 June 2019 - 02:42 PM

I've been reading TD since it consolodated into one Fansite. I read this almost every day.Some years I've commented. Some years, not so much.

I recently moved to the central valley of CA.

Loved Rod Carew.Otherwise it has varied from year to year.

:)

• ashbury and Sconnie like this

#155 twinsfanstreif

twinsfanstreif

• Members
  • 667 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:07 PM

1.) Where are you from? I'm from Austin, Tx and lived in Houston and Kansas City. My family just recently relocated to Winchester, UK for my wife's job.

2.) Age Range? 33

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? I used to frequent Seth Speaks and Aaron Gleeman and jumped on board when I heard they were making a new site.

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? Little league, I was a bit of a slow developer and got into baseball too late so I mainly rode the bench for a year when I was 12.

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Kirby Puckett of course. Not sure why but I always liked Boof Bonser, not sure if he qualifies as under rated though. Current favorite Twin is Buxton.

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? Not exactly sure what to put here, I don't really have favorite sites and I mostly only read Christian authors (I was in ministry for some years)

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? Not a Twitter guy

8.) Other interests outside of baseball. Rock Climbing, Drums, Hiking, travel

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily. forums and the links to other blogs

10.) Tell us what we can do better. I'm not a fan of the mobile site, I have to scroll down right away to go to the full version, that's kind of annoying

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?" No, I only make it to MN every few years to see family, now that I'm over seas it will probably be a while

#156 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Cooperstown

• Members
  • 5,155 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 10:04 AM

Just an update to the yarnivek household. I’m pretty sure I mentioned that Mrs yarnivek and I began fostering a 16 year old girl about a year ago. We just found out our adoption finalization hearing will be June 25!
  • Carole Keller, ashbury, diehardtwinsfan and 5 others like this

#157 Don Walcott

Don Walcott

Rochester Red Wings

• Members
  • 1,491 posts
  • LocationSanta Fe, NM

Posted 09 June 2019 - 07:47 AM

Just an update to the yarnivek household. I’m pretty sure I mentioned that Mrs yarnivek and I began fostering a 16 year old girl about a year ago. We just found out our adoption finalization hearing will be June 25!

Congratulations!!!

#158 Sconnie

Sconnie

Touch ‘em all!

• Members
  • 4,381 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 16 June 2019 - 09:39 PM

Dude! So awesome!

#159 GameDay

GameDay

Elizabethton Twins

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:36 PM

1.) Where are you from: Minnetonka

2.) Age Range: lower 20s

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? Used a forum for gopher basketball, decided to check one out for the Twins and found TD.

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? Varsity for 2 years.

5.) Favorite Twins Player: Johan Santana / Current: Eddie 

7.) Favorite Instagram follows: Steve Cook & Christian Guzman, friends.

8.) Other interests outside of baseball: Biomedical Engineering, Hiking (nat'l parks), Lifting, Photography

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily: Minor league daily recap articles and following Seth on Twitter

• Carole Keller and ashbury like this