Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Get to know each other

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

Poll: Twins Daily on Social Media (79 member(s) have cast votes)

I follow Twins Daily on...

1. Twitter (9 votes [11.39%])

Percentage of vote: 11.39%

2. Facebook (5 votes [6.33%])

Percentage of vote: 6.33%

3. Both (11 votes [13.92%])

Percentage of vote: 13.92%

4. Neither (54 votes [68.35%])

Percentage of vote: 68.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

It’s all in the eyes of the beholder.

• Twins Mods
  • 21,271 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 12:00 PM

Simple: When the Twins have a good season, game threads turn to be more fun, when they don't, whining is the norm. Nothing y'all can do. It is up to the Twins.

Actually, that’s not true. Game Threads were raucous fun even during the bleak years.
  • diehardtwinsfan and Sconnie like this

“May we teach our children that speaking out without the fear of retribution is our culture’s new north star.” ~Laura Dern

#122 Tom Froemming

Tom Froemming

Content Editor

• Administrators
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 12:06 PM

... it can be fun to complain and be negative sometimes too ...

• USAFChief and snepp like this

#123 Craig Arko

Craig Arko

Mathematically inclined primate

• Members
  • 8,287 posts
  • LocationThe Congo Basin

Posted 20 July 2018 - 12:21 PM

... it can be fun to complain and be negative sometimes too ...

The operative word be 'sometimes,' I'd reckon.

• Sconnie likes this

Mathematics knows no races or geographic boundaries;
for mathematics, the cultural world is one country. - David Hilbert

#124 caninatl04

caninatl04

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 01:57 PM

My friends on this site read both the Economist AND the Onion?
I am not worthy
  • Sconnie likes this

#125 GCTF

GCTF

Wasting Your Time

• Members
  • 2,862 posts
  • LocationCanada City

Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:47 PM

Wilfong and Jeff Reboulet didn't make it? C'mon. Hard to argue with Kusick at #1 though.

• snepp likes this

Get Ry Cooder to sing my eulogy.

#126 TwinsCD

TwinsCD

• Members
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:35 PM

1.) Where are you from? Orlando but originally Harrisburg, PA

2.) Age Range? Just above Fernando Rodney

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? I think I saw a link to it on ESPN.com about 4-5 years ago and boom, I'm here.

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? American Legion...I played HS basketball and didn't want to go through the politics of making the HS baseball team so I had fun in the summer leagues.

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player?Ever -- Puckett...Now -- Mauer...Underappreciated -- Ben Revere -- loved his speed and his acrobatics...knew he wouldn't be able to carry a team or anything like that but he was always a spark plug when he was in the game.

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors?I don't play favorites here (how's that for diplomatic?)

7.) Favorite Twitter follows?Not a tweeter

8.) Other interests outside of baseball.Golf, traveling, officiating (HS basketball & baseball)

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... forums, blogs, articles, topics... Gameday threads

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season?

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?"A bit of a poke for me to get there so, no

• Carole Keller, Mike Sixel, Sconnie and 1 other like this

#127 BoofBonser

BoofBonser

(not really Boof Bonser)

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:50 PM

1.) Where are you from? - Milbank, South Dakota, the birthplace of American Legion Baseball.

2.) Age Range? - I am 18 years old.

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? I was browsing the web once looking at Twins news, and stumbled upon it. 

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? Legion baseball (state champ :))

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? My favorite Twins player is Johan Santana. My favorite underappreciated Twins player is Jake Cave, even though he hasn't played as well of late. He just plays the game the right way. My favorite current Twin is Joe Mauer because I've always loved Joe. My first email address was named after him. 

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? I venture over to Twinkie Town every now and then.

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? Anyone who posts sports.

8.) Other interests outside of baseball. Football, basketball, XBox... typical teenager.

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... forums, blogs, articles, topics... wahtever you like. I love seeing how the minor league prospects play each night; it's very insightful. 

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season? You're doing great!

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?" Nope. 

• Carole Keller, Mike Sixel and snepp like this

#128 rujellis

rujellis

Elizabethton

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 06:20 PM

1.) Where are you from? - Inner burbs of Minneapolis

2.) Age Range? - 30's

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? Gleeman and Geek podcast

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? 1 nondescript year at Winona State, followed by a very slightly less nondescript year at Augsburg.Lucky enough to coach VFW baseball for 10 years.

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Johan Santana

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors?Fangraphs

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? Rob Friedman 'Pitching Ninja'

8.) Other interests outside of baseball. My kids, Golf, Green Bay Packers, and the rest of the non-Minnesota Vikings Minnesota sports teams.

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... minor league reports, generally knowledgeable discussion

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season? More minor league analysis, less about prospects, more about breaking down trends, player development, organizational philosophy, etc.You know...the fun stuff.  

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?" Nope

• Carole Keller, Mike Sixel, snepp and 1 other like this

#129 BoofBonser

BoofBonser

(not really Boof Bonser)

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:06 PM

Sheesh, the TD community is old

No offense guys ;)

• ashburyjohn, USAFChief, Mike Sixel and 2 others like this

#130 Nine of twelve

Nine of twelve

Rochester Red Wings

• Members
  • 1,140 posts
  • LocationEarth, for the time being

Posted 31 July 2018 - 06:40 PM

8.) Other interests outside of baseball.Golf, traveling, officiating (HS basketball & baseball)

Please, PLEASE feel free to contribute the discussion whenever any umpiring questions arise, whether on game threads or anywhere you happen to be lurking.

#131 TwinsCD

TwinsCD

• Members
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 31 July 2018 - 07:04 PM

Please, PLEASE feel free to contribute the discussion whenever any umpiring questions arise, whether on game threads or anywhere you happen to be lurking.

Oh don't worry, I've popped in my pair of pennies whenever something comes up during a game or if I see something on another thread that needs an interpretation.I can also be hired out for questions about something seen in a game.Compensation can be a simple pat on the back.

• snepp likes this

#132 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

It’s all in the eyes of the beholder.

• Twins Mods
  • 21,271 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:14 AM

No offense guys ;)

Yes, yes, some of us are. And children should be seen NOT heard. And mind your elders, too! ;)

• Mike Sixel, Craig Arko, Sconnie and 3 others like this

“May we teach our children that speaking out without the fear of retribution is our culture’s new north star.” ~Laura Dern

#133 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 19,580 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:47 AM

No offense guys ;)

Yes, yes, some of us are. And children should be seen NOT heard. And mind your elders, too! ;)

Also, stay off her lawn, Boof.

• Carole Keller, Mike Sixel, BoofBonser and 1 other like this

If jail and prison are synonymous, why aren't jailer and prisoner?

#134 rileyroy

rileyroy

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:48 AM

1.) Where are you from? Austin MN-- live in Central MN now 

2.) Age Range? Older than I feel

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? Followed Twins Fan forum and Strib forums- led to Seth Speaks

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? High School- sort of

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player All time-- Tony OlivaCurrent Eddie Rosario

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors?John Sanders and Lee Child

7.) Favorite Twitter follows?Don't Twitter

8.) Other interests outside of baseball.Gardening, Camping, Reading, Cooking (pretty domestic)

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... forums

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season? I agree.

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?"No

I had over 1,000 comments at one time under this name and Rick Blaine (here is looking at you, kid)Probably still in your system somewhere-- of late I have just been reading (or lurking, if you want)I just found a password that worked!

• Carole Keller, Mike Sixel and Sconnie like this

#135 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

G.O.A.T.

• Twins Mods
  • 12,493 posts
  • Locationthe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 06 August 2018 - 08:26 PM

1.) Where are you from? - born in Fairbault. Grew up in Cleveland. I've spent most of my life in Indiana, though I did some time in the Chicago area. Currently living in Indianapolis and moving back to Cleveland (blame my wife).
2.) Age Range? - Age is a state of mind. In human years, I'm 40. Mentally, much younger in both the good way and the bad.
3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? I was posting on BYTO when Brock killed it.
4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? Played a bit in HS... couldn't catch up with a 60 MPH fastball. Still play a lot of softball. 
5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Oye… Johan, Morneau, Dozier and Escobar, Berrios.
6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? Sickles. I occasionally visit TwinkieTown. Loved bat girl back in the day (seriously, TD needs to get her and/or Sickles to do the occasional guest piece). 
7.) Favorite Twitter follows? I'm pretty sure you can correlate the dumbing down of America to the number of American Twitter users... what a #$%@#$^(#$^#*!@^#$^&#$%#$%&^#$%@#%!#$^%%%* awful site.
8.) Other interests outside of baseball. Football, softball, math, sex, religion, politics. 
9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... forums... I read the major and minor league forums. I read most of the articles. 
10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season? 

• Guest articles by known people in the baseball/Twins communities. Get some articles by Goin, Batgirl, Sickles, John Manuel, Gleeman, etc.Some of these will bring traffic to your site, some have their own in which the occasional piece here can be beneficial to them. Everyone can benefit if it's done right.
  • A place for people to test creative writing skills.
  • Box scores in Tom's game summaries. 

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?" I did a pub crawl a few years back... Watched the Twins embarrass Detroit with a bunch of Tigers fans in my hotel complaining when Detroit put an infielder in to pitch after the damage was so bad... Some guy named Arcia hit a ticker tape home run which hit the top of a flag pole in RF. That was a fun night. 

• Mike Sixel and Sconnie like this

#136 Wizard11

Wizard11

Elizabethton

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:37 PM

...Stepping out of the shadows of my lair.
1.) Where are you from? I grew up in Fergus Falls, MN. I now live in San Diego, although I do maintain a 2nd home in SLP. I work one week every month in the TC.
2.) Age Range? Sigh...59
3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? I followed Aaron Gleeman, Seth, and John Bonnes here
4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? Amateur baseball until age 40. Played every position other than pitcher. Ended up as a catcher
5.) Favorite Twins Player Harmon Killebrew. He was my childhood hero. favorite underappreciated Twins player, David Ortiz. Gave up my season tickets when they didn’t bring him back. and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Well it was Escobar, briefly Brian Dozier, but now I would say Jorge Polanco. I apologize in advance if he suddenly gets traded
6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? Joe Posnanski. The Baseball Bard above all others
7.) Favorite Twitter follows? Giant time suck
8.) Other interests outside of baseball. Racing Vintage Cars, Yoga, Hiking, and hanging with my grandchildren of which there are 7.
9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... forums, blogs, articles, topics... wahtever you like. I love the game recaps Tom does. I love The crisp and well written articles Nick does, Parker’s side by side batter GIFs, and pretty much anything riverbrian says will crack me up. I love the numerous and often divergent perspectives many people contribute. Thought provoking! TD has a strong population of knowledgeable baseball fans that regularly contribute via the comments section
10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season? Consider a Troll removal service. Darn things are worse than raccoons. I find the repetitive rants and tantrums directed against the FO and Manager to be a big turnoff as well as the constant crying for half baked prospects to be called up now. Very tedious and not well thought out. Nick Gordon, really? Several serial offenders seem to regularly show up just to suck the happy out of the room. I feel much better now.
11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events? No, but I guess my lurking days are now over so I may as well join in.
  • Mike Sixel, Sconnie and Nine of twelve like this

#137 Fritzderkat

Fritzderkat

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:21 AM

Catching up here following 136 predecessors.

Born, raised and schooled in Madison, WI, UW-Mad JBS '69; west coast three years in the Navy, Oshkosh, WI; Los Angeles, New York, Madison again; Plymouth, MN since 2002.

76 years old as of last week.

Stumbled upon Twins Daily after stumbling upon Twinkie Town. Like TD much better.

Played fast pitch softball from high school, through the Navy, and for another nine years in Madison rec leagues, about the "B" level I'd say, until one night I got hit in the face (nose to be precise) with a rise ball breaking in and up at the last instant. There were two outs, runners on 1st and 3rd, count was 3-2 and I was "guarding the dish" and wary of a curve ball. I now have a plastic bridge. I was a catcher all those years which I found to be not dissimilar from being a goalie in hockey.

My favorite Twin is Joe Mauer. I forgive him for his contract because of his performance as a catcher prior to his injuries, admire his professionalism as well as his batting eye and defensive excellence at 1st base. He qualifies as my all-time favorite Twin, and more recently I have included the Eddies. I like Berrios, too, and Gibby now that he's learned to be assertive. I like his bearing.

Favorite 'authors' here? I haven't been around long enough to pick one but there are several good ones.

Twitter? I don't tweet.

Other interests: riding motorcycle (until recently because I've found my quick reactions are fading and it's a veritable zoo out on the roads anymore); shooting at the range (not so much of that anymore, either); playing guitar (not well); two house cats; politics (love/hate); Badger football and buckets; reading and writing.

Favorite part of TD: Almost all of it, although I don't understand metrics very well and am not inclined to learn. There are many things about the game that have changed since I started following it in 1949 and I don't like most of them.

I have no opinion on how to make TD better, nor have I attended any Twins events.

I don't care for Dick and Burt as broadcasters (or Gladden for that matter) but do enjoy Hunter, Smalley, Morneau, Hawkins and Cuddyer, who all know their baseball and make things interesting.

• Carole Keller, Mike Sixel, snepp and 1 other like this

As a species we are not highly evolved

#138 FormerMinnasotan

FormerMinnasotan

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:10 PM

1.) Where are you from? Grew up in Alexandria, MN currently live in Fargo, ND

2.) Age Range? 36

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? Honestly, I did a web search for Twins chat sites

4.) Highest Level of Baseball? Sadly none (i regret it), by the time I was interested enough to play organized baseball I felt I wasn’t good enough to play

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite under appreciated player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? All time favorite:Kirby, under appreciated:Dan Gladden, current favorite:Berrios

6.)Favorite non Twins Daily author/site? MLB.com, MiLB.com

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? I don’t do twitter

8.) Other interests outside of baseball? Camping, whatever my girls want to do I suppose

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily? Articles, Forums, and chatting with you all

10.) Tell us what we can do better? What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season?

11.) Have you been to any Twins Daily events? No
  • Carole Keller, ashburyjohn, Mike Sixel and 1 other like this

#139 Ernestfickle22

Ernestfickle22

Elizabethton

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:29 AM

1.) Where are you from? Grew up in Streator IL/Mankato MN. Have lived in Streator for 6 years..

2.) Age Range? 18. 

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? A recommendation on facebook.

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? Baseball in HS. 5.) Favorite Twins Player Scott Baker, and favorite underappreciated Twins player Danny Valencia, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Tyler Austin (was a huge fan of him as Yankee got a big smile when I saw we got him.) 

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? Reusse 

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? Reusse

8.) Other interests outside of baseball. tennis, history.

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily. All of it!

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season? Not much you guys do great already 

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?" No

• Carole Keller, Mike Sixel and Sconnie like this

#140 Cellan17

Cellan17

Elizabethton

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:42 AM

1.) Where are you from? Sherburn, MN originally, living in Iowa since 2004

2.) Age Range? 37, 38 in a month

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? I follow a lot of the contributors on Twitter, and Twins Daily follows me there as well

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? High School for baseball, I still play slowpitch softball, Well, I try to.

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Fav of all time, would be Kirby. Hard to not throw Hrbek, Mauer, Cuddy, and a few others in there. Favorite underappreciated would be Mauer. I don't think he gets enough credit for all he's done.

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? LaVelle and Rhett

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? Ted's personal account, and Twins Daily.

8.) Other interests outside of baseball-Nothing really compares to my love for the game. Not just the Twins or MLB. I love it in all forms.

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... forums, blogs, articles, topics... All of those, yes

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season? Y'all are doin an awesome job

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?" I haven't, when and where are those?

• Carole Keller, ashburyjohn, stringer bell and 1 other like this