Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Get to know each other

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

Poll: Twins Daily on Social Media (78 member(s) have cast votes)

I follow Twins Daily on...

1. Twitter (9 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

2. Facebook (5 votes [6.41%])

Percentage of vote: 6.41%

3. Both (10 votes [12.82%])

Percentage of vote: 12.82%

4. Neither (54 votes [69.23%])

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Monkeypaws

Monkeypaws

• Members
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:18 PM

Scene: Possibly a basement or maybe even an evil villain's lair. (Gunnarthor thinks about sharing private details about himself on-line).

Gunnarthor: Nah.

Aww, you're no fun anymore.

SSN: 471-03-3412

Credit card number: 4273 3499 2309 4612

• Carole Keller, Seth Stohs, Blake and 7 others like this

#22 jkcarew

jkcarew

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:24 PM

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Favorite:Kirby, Underappreciated: Greg Gagne, Current: Eddie Rosario (Unless Berrios is pitching)

Oh, damn!I want to change my underappreciated to Gagne.

• Blake, nicksaviking, SF Twins Fan and 1 other like this

#23 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 10,312 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:04 PM

Annnd all we need is the CV on the back of that credit card...
  • Blake, Mike Sixel, Monkeypaws and 4 others like this

#24 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 26,723 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:09 PM

Annnd all we need is the CV on the back of that credit card...

• Blake, scottz, Monkeypaws and 3 others like this

One of the best opening day rosters in years. Now go get 'em.

#25 Rigby

Rigby

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:20 PM

1.) Where are you from? Grew up in Adams MN. Have lived in Bloomington for 26 years..

2.) Age Range? 60. Which used to sound really old.

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? Don't remember.

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? Baseball in HS. Softball until I turned 40 then gave it up for golf.

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Favorite - Harmon of course. Underrated - Cesar Tovar. Current - Escobar.

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors?

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? Reusse

8.) Other interests outside of baseball. Golf, graving.

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily...All of it.

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season?

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?" No

Great call on Tovar. He's the first that came to mind for me as well, and strangely enough Blyleven. HOF voters as well as otherswere so caught up in the longevity of his career that many ignored just how great he was in his first tenure with Minnesota.

#26 Parker Hageman

Parker Hageman

Owner

• Administrators
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:20 PM

I find it interesting that Twins Daily has over 12K on Twitter and none of them seem to be the more active commenters in the forums. So now I'm curious, does anyone on this thread (or seeing this thread) participate in either of Twins Daily's social media channels?

[NOTE: Poll question at top of the page]

If you are not, you can find them here...

Twitter

Facebook

• Seth Stohs, Blake, Craig Arko and 2 others like this

"You spend a good piece of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time." -- Jim Bouton, "Ball Four"

#27 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 26,723 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:25 PM

12000 followers on Twitter? Wow. y'all need to do a better job of driving them here somehow....

• Blake, nicksaviking and Vanimal46 like this

One of the best opening day rosters in years. Now go get 'em.

#28 chaderic20

chaderic20

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationWaukee, IA

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:33 PM

1.) Where are you from? Grew up in NW Iowa, now in the Des Moines area.

2.) Age Range? 34

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? Came from Nick's blog, and BatGirl before that.

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? Baseball through high school, currently run my church softball team.

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? All-time = Kirby, Underrated = ?, Current = Kepler

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors?

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? Don't have Twitter.

8.) Other interests outside of baseball? Board games

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily? Articles and forums

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season?

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily events? Nope, too far away

• Carole Keller, Seth Stohs, Blake and 3 others like this

#29 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 10,312 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:34 PM

Perfect! You and monkeypaws are now booked for 24 weeks at a BEAUTIFUL time share property in Orlando, FL! Hope you read the fine print of the contract...
  • Blake, Mike Sixel, scottz and 5 others like this

#30 Blake

Blake

Super Duper Senior Member

• Members
  • 5,083 posts
  • LocationBakersfield CA

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:59 PM

Perfect! You and monkeypaws are now booked for 24 weeks at a BEAUTIFUL time share property in Orlando, FL! Hope you read the fine print of the contract...

And the "Getting to Know You" thread has now degenerated into a baseball thread.

• Mike Sixel and gunnarthor like this

#31 mickeymental

mickeymental

• Members
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:50 PM

1.) Where are you from? native iron ranger with 30+ years in minnesota, 5 years in nyc, 20+ years in portland, ore.

2.) Age Range? yes.

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? the demise of strib game threads.

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? high school, cut as college freshman, 15 years in portland adult leagues.

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? mudcat grant, cesar tovar, eddie r.

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? is there any other? 

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? housequake, the tweet of god. ‏

8.) Other interests outside of baseball. music, guitars, reading, writing, running, the occasional columbia river gorge hike.

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily. forums, game threads, minor league reports.

10.) Tell us what we can do better. site is pretty darn good. make sure to identify players in photos. make sure to proofread (my internet-wide pet peeve!).

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?" no.

• Carole Keller, Seth Stohs and nicksaviking like this

#32 wsnydes

wsnydes

Winter baseball enthusiast

• Members
  • 3,381 posts
  • LocationApple Valley

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:23 PM

This says that your card has been declined.

On a happier note, I've got a new house!
  • Blake, Mike Sixel, nicksaviking and 1 other like this

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." - Meat 

#33 terrydactyls1947

terrydactyls1947

Ft Myers

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationCumberland Center, Maine

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:30 PM

1.) Where are you from?Twin Cities until 35.Then Washington D.C. for 11 years; Austin, TX for 21 years.Retired in 2014 and got out of the heat as fast as I could.I know live outside Portland, Maine – Red Sox and Patriot country – BARF!!!!!

2.) Age Range? Physically: 71 Attitude:10 to 12

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily?Looking for any information I could find about the Twins and stumbled on it.

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played?Over-40 league for baseball when I was 58.Softball until 60.A college hockey teammate of mine tried to talk me into trying out for the college varsity team.I still remember his argument:“Terry, you were blessed with the skills of a professional athlete, but cursed with the body of a professional baker.”

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player?Favorite:Harmon Killebrew (see comment in question 4).Underappreciated:Vic Power.Current Favorite:Eduardo Escobar because he is always smiling.

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors?None

7.) Favorite Twitter follows?I don’t do the Tweetie thing.

8.) Other interests outside of baseball.I play hockey twice a week, golf when I can, scuba dive, and take lots of naps.

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily?The minor league reports (especially when the Twins are doing poorly)

10.) Tell us what we can do better. Convince commenters to review their submittals.Sometimes the spelling and grammar are so bad I can’t figure out what they are trying to say.And I taught 7th grade for a while so I know what bad writing looks like.

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?"Have you had any in Maine??If not, then no.

• Carole Keller, Seth Stohs, Blake and 3 others like this

#34 Circus Boy

Circus Boy

Grain Belt: "The Friendly Beer"

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationHuron, SD

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:54 PM

1.) Where are you from? Grew up all over -- born in Moline, Ill., then raised in several small towns in Nebraska, as well as stints in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and Flint, Mich. Went to college in Ohio, then worked in newspapers in Oregon, Idaho, and South Dakota. Got married to a beautiful and smart gal in Huron, S.D., and she and I sell clothes in the store she started 30 years ago. Living the dream.
2.) Age Range? Exactly between 32 and 92.
3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? Can't recall, but am always glad I stumbled onto it.
4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? Pony league, where I batted .182 my last season. Later umpired baseball and softball for 15 years.

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? All-time fave: Tony Oliva. Underappreciated fave: Bob Allison. Current favor: Escobar.

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? N/A
7.) Favorite Twitter follows? Not a twit.
8.) Other interests outside of baseball. Running, reading.
9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... Game threads never disappoint.
10.) Tell us what we can do better. You're already at the top of your game. Don't ever change.
11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?” Would like to, but am tied down at the shop, so... some day.

• Carole Keller, Seth Stohs, Blake and 1 other like this

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish saying

#35 Brandon

Brandon

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:55 PM

This is the comment of the year! I cant stop laughing.

#36 tvagle

tvagle

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:04 PM

1.) Where are you from? Minnesota - St. Louis Park to Princeton to Grand Rapids to Bemidji to Remer/Longville to Thief River Falls

2.) Age Range? I'm as old as the 2nd AL Rookie of the Year Award won by a Twin

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? Rumors that there was intelligent baseball conversation here...my intelligence has been challenged more than once since

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? 2 years at Itasca CC, 5+ years coaching at ICC, 15 years HS coach currently a Prowler coaching girls golf

5.) Favorite Twins Player - '87 Twins Team - magical ride to first major sports title

Favorite under appreciated Twin - Every Burly Twin Future Star that had to live up to being The Killer (Kusick, Gorinski come to mind...or Willie Norwood because the worst defensive OF ever was Hosken Bombo Willie (although Disco wasn't much better than any of them)

Favorite current Twin -Rosario...he is what he is a ball player

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? Worked at The Pioneer in Bemidji so I'm partial to newspaper guys LEN

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? Technology/Culture peeps from the Education Community

8.) Other interests outside of baseball. Golf, kids (grand or the regular kind)

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily - Agreeing to Disagree even though it still doesn't make sense

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?" Not unless driving through Warroad is considered an event :)

• Carole Keller, Seth Stohs, Blake and 1 other like this

"We were open for business on several players, but just couldn't put a deal together that we liked...our biggest pickups will really be the return of All-Stars Sano and Santana as well as the Platinum Defensive player of the year in Buxton...adding those three to our lineup in the second half without mortgaging any future assets is really the best of both worlds"

#37 Brandon

Brandon

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:38 PM

1.) Where are you from? Born in Winona but grew up in Oklahoma, Wyoming and Texas. currently live in Orange County California
2.) Age Range? I'll be in the 43 range starting next month on the day of my birth
3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? I was here when the site popped up. been ready Bonnes since 2002, Gleeman and Seth in 2004 I think and Nick and Nick and Parker Hageman alot too. I remember before Gleeman and the Geek podcast it was Seth and the Geek podcast.
4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? on the bench for a few games in 9th grade. I was younger and smaller then my peers back then.
5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? My favorite players change with time and season so here are a few. I am forgetting some and may come back and edit later. Gladden (highly convenient that i start following baseball at age 12 in 1987) Juan Berenger, Puckett, Brian Harper (that guy came out of nowhere as he was a failed power prospect who made it at age 28 as a line drive hitter), Shane Mack (Best Rule 5 pick we ever made [Santana was a trade]) Reboulet, Trombley, Radke (he pitched without an arm in 2006 sortof), Nixon and Tewksbury, Molitor, Knoblauch (i know he became a real a-holio but he was real cool before that and the hidden ball trick to fool Lonnie Smith in 91 World Series is priceless) Lawton, Koskie, Hunter, Guerrier (minor league signing Swarzak (team player) Liriano (throw in to Pierzinski trade) Pierzinski (.300 hitting catcher with lots of doubles are cool) Mauer (see last comment) Eddie Escobar (throw in to Liriano trade) Dozier (extend him man it would be nice to see a franchise player climb all time lists like 300 HR and 100+ stolen bases) Sano Pressley (rule 5 success) Joe Nathan, Pavstache, Carl Willis, Berrios (this kid is so enthusiastic its infectious and good for people like vitamins) Romero (yeah)
6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? Matthew, Luke, Peter, Paul, Ann Rand, John Steinback, George Lucas (he wrote the original Star Wars before special effects existed) me (i just write herer but since i am not a TwinsDaily author I thought i would give myself a vote)
7.) Favorite Twitter follows? Financial news. rarely on twitter. but i post mortgage interest news there on occaison as that is my primary job.
8. erests outside of baseball. Hiking, biking, learning, traveling, (trying unsuccessully to like cooking and learning it. Ido enjoy eating others cooking however)
9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... A good John Bonnes Article and prospect lists, and winter meetings coverage and potential deals analysis and debates
10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season? add a Comics section, how about video interviews, video blogs, video comments, maybe a poop emoji for bad comments to go with liking a comment. Bring BatGirl to the Twins Daily Team.
11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events? no there havent been any here in southern California for me to attend. I do hope to make the trip to spring training some year.

Edited by Brandon, 11 July 2018 - 07:26 PM.

• Carole Keller, Seth Stohs, Blake and 2 others like this

#38 #1ShaneMackFan

#1ShaneMackFan

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:57 PM

nt

1.) Where are you from? SW MN until college, now in Savage

2.) Age Range? 42

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? Used to read BYTO

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? Church league softball

5.) Favorite Twins Player? SHANE MACK

Favorite under appreciated Twin? Mack again, but also Gagne and Brian Harper

Favorite current Twin? I thought it was Buxton last year, but this year stinks, so it's Rosario and Berrios.

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? Gopher Hole

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? Not on Twitter

8.) Other interests outside of baseball? Golf, movies, music

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily? Overall intelligent and respectful posters

• Carole Keller, Blake, scottz and 2 others like this

#39 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

It’s all in the eyes of the beholder.

• Twins Mods
  • 21,182 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:25 PM

1.) Where are you from? Minnesota - St. Louis Park to Princeton to Grand Rapids to Bemidji to Remer/Longville to Thief River Falls
2.) Age Range? I'm as old as the 2nd AL Rookie of the Year Award won by a Twin
3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? Rumors that there was intelligent baseball conversation here...my intelligence has been challenged more than once since
4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? 2 years at Itasca CC, 5+ years coaching at ICC, 15 years HS coach currently a Prowler coaching girls golf
5.) Favorite Twins Player - '87 Twins Team - magical ride to first major sports title
Favorite under appreciated Twin - Every Burly Twin Future Star that had to live up to being The Killer (Kusick, Gorinski come to mind...or Willie Norwood because the worst defensive OF ever was Hosken Bombo Willie (although Disco wasn't much better than any of them)
Favorite current Twin -Rosario...he is what he is a ball player
6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? Worked at The Pioneer in Bemidji so I'm partial to newspaper guys LEN
7.) Favorite Twitter follows? Technology/Culture peeps from the Education Community
8.) Other interests outside of baseball. Golf, kids (grand or the regular kind)
9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily - Agreeing to Disagree even though it still doesn't make sense
11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?" Not unless driving through Warroad is considered an event :)

I know exactly where Longville is ... I spent a couple of summers at a camp on Little Boy Lake.

“May we teach our children that speaking out without the fear of retribution is our culture’s new north star.” ~Laura Dern

#40 Sconnie

Sconnie

Touch ‘em all!

• Members
  • 3,788 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:03 PM

1.) Where are you from? NW Wisconsin
2.) Age Range? Late 30s
3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? I lurked BYTO and read Nick Nelson
4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? It’s all low-lights but tried really hard
5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player?
Ever- Pucket
Under- Scott Leius
Current- Rosario
6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? John Sanford
7.) Favorite Twitter follows? @PitchingNinja but I don’t have a handle
8.) Other interests outside of baseball. Economics, remodeling my pre 1900 home
9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... It’s difficult to narrow down to one part. Historically the forums, but it has become the daily and weekly features, especially the recap analysis and reviews.
10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season? Advertising redirects are awful. I’m willing to subscribe if it means no more redirects.
11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?" Yes, several. It would be great to have more family friendly events.
  • Carole Keller, Blake, nicksaviking and 1 other like this