Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Get to know each other

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

Poll: Twins Daily on Social Media (139 member(s) have cast votes)

I follow Twins Daily on...

1. Twitter (20 votes [14.39%])

Percentage of vote: 14.39%

2. Facebook (11 votes [7.91%])

Percentage of vote: 7.91%

3. Both (18 votes [12.95%])

Percentage of vote: 12.95%

4. Neither (90 votes [64.75%])

Percentage of vote: 64.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#201 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 26,364 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 12:30 PM

Lifelong Chicagoan. 

For Me, Twins Daily makes me feel a part of Twins fandom here in "Enemy Territory"

I feel it ... although not lifelong in Chicago, been here long enough that the natives accept me as native. You can take the girl out of Minnesota, but you can't take the Minnesota out of the girl ... forever a Twins fan, much to some of my friends' eye-rolling consternation.

Did I ever tell the story of when Kenny Williams used to live in my building, and had a parking spot next to mine? When I discovered that, that's when I put the Twins sticker on my car. Not sure if he ever noticed it.

• Platoon and Nine of twelve like this
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

#202 Nine of twelve

Nine of twelve

Minnesota Twins

• 3,024 posts
  • LocationEarth, for the time being

Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:34 PM

I feel it ... although not lifelong in Chicago, been here long enough that the natives accept me as native. You can take the girl out of Minnesota, but you can't take the Minnesota out of the girl ... forever a Twins fan, much to some of my friends' eye-rolling consternation.

Did I ever tell the story of when Kenny Williams used to live in my building, and had a parking spot next to mine? When I discovered that, that's when I put the Twins sticker on my car. Not sure if he ever noticed it.

You should have had your car repainted with Twins logos all over it. Now THAT would have been noticed.

• gil4 likes this

#203 gil4

gil4

The irrational optimism is regressing to the mean

• 2,059 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 06 February 2020 - 07:26 PM

1.) Where are you from? Born in St Paul, grew up in SE CT.Spent 24 years where home was where the Air Force sent me (11 years in Europe). The wheel stopped in SW OK and we have stayed (so far)

2.) Age Range? About as mid-50s as one can be.

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? SethSpeaks was daily reading (along with Gleeman)

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played?  freshman team, then a fairly competitive rec league through HS. Military intramural slow-pitch softball for 20+ years. Now I umpire HS games

5.) Favorite Twins PlayerRod Carew and favorite underappreciated Twins player, Can a guy in the HoF be underappreciated? Blylevenand if you want, favorite current Twins player?  Max Kepler 

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? gty.org (John MacArthur), I like and hate espn.com, I like the uni watch guy, babylonbee.com is a great satire site.
7.) Favorite Twitter follows? I don't user Twitter very often
8.) Other interests outside of baseball. Bible, my family, travel, hiking, a few of the lesser sports
9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... forums, blogs, articles, topics... wahtever you like.I like it all - the latest Twins news, the intelligent discussion, the joking around, all on a site that's PG on its worst day.
10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season? No ideas. It's pretty awesome as-is
11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?" Still no - I haven't made it to the Twin Cities for almost 12 years.

• SQUIRREL and Sconnie like this

#204 obtusebanter

obtusebanter

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 162 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 14 February 2020 - 02:59 AM

Aye. Eff it. Okay.

1) Where are you from? Northeast Minneapolis.

2) Age? 35

3) What brought you to Twins Daily? I first interacted with the Twins' commentariat about a decade ago at the old strib blogs. I took a hiatus during the doldrums. Started looking for a place to talk now that they good again.  

4) Highest level of baseball/softball played? High school. American Legion. Minneapolis Edison. I was a soft tossing RHP, played 3B when I wasn't on the mound, and could put the ball over the fence when I was lucky enough to get served a meatball.

5) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Jeff Reboulet, Brad Radke, Miguel Sanó.  

6) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? Michael Rand, Betsy Helfand, Do-Hyoung Park (this will become dated).

7) Favorite Twitter follows? @cjzero and @PitchingNinja

8) Other interest outside of baseball? All kinda stuff.

9) Favorite part of Twins Daily... Having a well-run website wherein I can cheer for my team.  

10) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season? Stay humble. 

11) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?" Not yet.

• stringer bell and Sconnie like this

#205 Westcoast2

Westcoast2

Elizabethton Twins

• 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:35 PM

1.) Where are you from? I'm from Appleton, MN former home of that semi-pro town team the Millers (due to the flour mill that was a major employer in the 1950's.Currently live in northern California.

2.) Age Range? I graduated from high school before Woodstock.Enough said.

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? I don't remember.

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? High School.

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Favorite Twin:Tony O.Most underappreciated:Caesar Tovar.Favorite Current Player: Berrios.

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? MLBTR

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? LaVelle

8.) Other interests outside of baseball.Is there anything outside of baseball?OK, reading, travel and the Vikings.

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... forums, blogs, articles, topics... wahtever you like.Minor league information.

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season?I'm headed to Fort Myers on Feb 29th.Want to give me a few tips on where to eat?

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?"Not too many have been in the San Francisco area. lol

You didn't ask for my favorite Twins memory.One was listening to the 1965 World Series on the radio while attending school.That Principle was awesome.But perhaps my best was watching Roger Clemens and Frankie "Sweet Music" Viola in a pitchers duel in Fenway Stadium.I was rooting for the Twins, of course.The man in front of me, in a heavy Boston accent, informed me that it wasn't a good idea to root for the opposing team in Fenway.I bought him a beer and we made nice through the rest of the game.The Twins won, of course. 

• SQUIRREL and Sconnie like this

#206 akmanak

akmanak

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 548 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 01:22 PM

1.) Where are you from? Saint Cloud,MN
2.) Age Range? 41
3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? Was a poster on BYTO...getttttt reaaaaddddyyy!
4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? High School
5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current. Justin Morneau, Joe Mauer, and Donaldson
6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? *Crickets*
7.) Favorite Twitter follows? What is this Twitter? Sounds like a druggy
8.) Other interests outside of baseball? Fandual, PS4, and coaching my son's baseball team
9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... The pleothra of info
10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season? N/A
11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?" No
  • SQUIRREL likes this

#207 flatlanddad

flatlanddad

• 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 02:29 PM

1.) Where are you from?Okabena, MN --> St. Peter, MN --> Sioux Falls, SD --> Ames, IA --> Valparaiso, IN

2.) Age Range? Low forties, barely

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? I used to read Nick Nelson's blog and just kept reading!

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? town ball, 6th grade? Partially dislocated my shoulder sliding into second base as a sub on my brother-in-law's softball team when I was like 23. I was called safe and scored after it popped back into place. When I tried to throw warming up to go back into the field, it came out again and I realized I was out.

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Joe Mauer, Joe Mauer/Byron Buxton, Byron Buxton

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? Twinkie Town isn't too bad either.

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? None

8.) Other interests outside of baseball. Mountain climbing, hiking, basketball

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... I rarely post, but I appreciate the conversations that others are willing to put out there. The articles are all pretty good to great, but the comments are generally respectful and usually pretty informative as well. Thanks for running a great site moderators and authors!

• SQUIRREL and ashbury like this

#208 FairlyWeathered

FairlyWeathered

Elizabethton Twins

• 1 posts
  • LocationAlmost South Dakota

Posted 14 February 2020 - 04:25 PM

Noob here:

1.) Where are you from? West of the Mississippi but East of the Missouri

2.) Age Range? 57

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? Used to be on the Twins site, but since that's not around, thought I'd come here.

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? Almost college baseball, Legion, didn't have a HS team.

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? CoomDog, La Tortuga

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? Haven't checked much yet

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? No account.............................yet:)

8.) Other interests outside of baseball. FIsh, Hunt, travel

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... Give me a chance, I'll think of something after I browse around.

• SQUIRREL, ashbury and Sconnie like this

#209 HeyItsFH

HeyItsFH

Elizabethton Twins

• 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 12:31 AM

Okay, so this probably isn't the ideal time to be creating an account (thanks, COVID-19), but here I am anyway.

1.) Where are you from?
- Minneapolis

2.) Age Range?

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily?
- Missing the BatCave, mostly (I was FordHoiberg/FH over there). Looking for a place with game threads that wasn't Reddit.

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played?
- I played one year of softball in eighth grade. It was great.

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player?
- All-Time: Kirb
- Underrated: Listen. Listen. I love defense, no matter how abysmal the offense. Therefore, Nick Punto will always be my guy. Him, and Dougie Baseball.
- Current: Garver, Rosario, Arraez, Berríos

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors?
- BatGirl forever. Also The Athletic. I also deeply miss The Dugout/Progressive Boink.

7.) Favorite Twitter follows?
- Neil Gaiman and Mara Wilson, maybe. Also, Plouffe and Bauer. Dick Bremer and his Dad Humor.

8.) Other interests outside of baseball?
- Music, video games, reading, and watching just about any sport you can think of. I watched an hour of logrolling on FSN once. I honestly couldn't tell you why.

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily? - Looking forward to the forums, especially game threads!

10.) Tell us what we can do better.
- No opinion as of yet

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily events?
- Nope
  • SQUIRREL, ashbury, Parker Hageman and 1 other like this

#210 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 26,364 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 07:00 PM

Okay, so this probably isn't the ideal time to be creating an account (thanks, COVID-19), but here I am anyway.
1.) Where are you from?
- Minneapolis
2.) Age Range?
3.) What brought you to Twins Daily?
- Missing the BatCave, mostly (I was FordHoiberg/FH over there). Looking for a place with game threads that wasn't Reddit.
4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played?
- I played one year of softball in eighth grade. It was great.
5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player?
- All-Time: Kirb
- Underrated: Listen. Listen. I love defense, no matter how abysmal the offense. Therefore, Nick Punto will always be my guy. Him, and Dougie Baseball.
- Current: Garver, Rosario, Arraez, Berríos
- BatGirl forever. Also The Athletic. I also deeply miss The Dugout/Progressive Boink.
- Neil Gaiman and Mara Wilson, maybe. Also, Plouffe and Bauer. Dick Bremer and his Dad Humor.
8.) Other interests outside of baseball?
- Music, video games, reading, and watching just about any sport you can think of. I watched an hour of logrolling on FSN once. I honestly couldn't tell you why.
9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily? - Looking forward to the forums, especially game threads!
10.) Tell us what we can do better.
- No opinion as of yet
11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily events?
- Nope

Welcome! Game threads are fun here ... game talk and just about everything else. Let’s hope we have some this year! Sad reality is we may not :(

Okay, log rolling? I could see how that might be ... interesting.
  • ashbury likes this
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

#211 deanlambrecht

deanlambrecht

• 212 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 09:52 AM

1.) Where are you from? Born (1968) and raised in Bloomington Minnesota.Lived in Massachusetts for awhile (would love to return but career and family are here), and have lived with my wife in the same home in South Minneapolis for 20 years.

2.) Age Range? 52

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? I was an enthusiastic follower of Nick Nelson's blog, and he led that crew here when he consolidated with the OG TD Krewe.

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? I was afraid of the ball by 6th grade.Since I have no sprint capability, poor hand-eye coordination, and a crappy arm, a growing fear of being hit by a pitch ended my "career" before I was 13.Otherwise, though, I was a solid prospect.;)

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Jamie Carroll.Max Kepler.

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors?No particular author, but I'm a MLBTR junkie.I used to really enjoy Craig Calcaterra but I don't like how NBC ruined his blog so I eventually lost interest.

7.) Favorite Twitter follows?I don't Twitter.Not sure why because I'm a news junkie, but the format kind of bothers me.

8.) Other interests outside of baseball.Live music.Plus I'm a workaholic (criminal defense lawyer), so I spend a lot of time working which I greatly enjoy.

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... forums, blogs, articles, topics... wahtever you like.I enjoy it as an overall resource - impactful baseball reporting that doesn't take itself too seriously.

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season?I always want more articles by the original crew (not to knock any of the other excellent contributors at all).Oh, and it bugs me that any post I make that has more than a single sentence, for whatever reason, doesn't recognize the spaces that I put between each sentence.If anyone can tell me if that's a weird setting on my computer I'd appreciate it (MacBook user, running Chrome, but I think it happens when I use my work PC as well, so...).

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?"I was at the first winter event on 6th and Hennepin, which was a blast.No good reason I haven't been to any others, frankly, and I always feel a little bad that I don't attend.

• SQUIRREL and Hosken Bombo Disco like this

#212 rdehring

rdehring

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,961 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 10:19 AM

Days later.

This makes me about No. 179.

Should anyone actually get this far and read it, drop me a note. Appreciated.

1.Madison, WI (Yes, as you might expect -- Go Badgers, Go Pack.) Now living in Plymouth, MN..

2. 77 last Saturday. Started following baseball around '49. A color baseballcard, drawing of of Joe DiMaggio, got me started.

3.Browsing. Looking for more Twins info than the Strib offers. Came here from Wisconsin in 2002, didn't give a hoot about the Twins (or the Brewers for that matter) but caught on because, along with the Saints, they're the only game in town. I'm stuck with 'em.

4.Played baseball from around 8 to 15; then fast pitch softball through high school, U.S. Navy and in Madison recreation leagues, average level of competition 4th best league in a range of dozens. Never hit over .250 in any of them but as a catcher when there were few others who wanted to play it, I was tolerated annually.

5.Joe Mauer, Eduardo Escobar, Max Kepler, Luis Arraez, Taylor Rogers.

6,NA, radio and TV.

7.Don't do Twitter. Did Face for a while to keep track of my son and his family but dropped out over a year ago. They asked me why, I said "I don't like the way you're doing things." Don't miss btw not doing any social media. This is close as I come.

8.Guitar (novice), motorcycles (veteran), house cats (2), aforementioned Badger football and basketball, the Pack in third place, politics (at times when I can stand it).

9.All of it; most, anyway.

10. Keep it positive. Help pull the Twins through to the playoffs.

11. No. 

Hey, Fritz.Just read your comments now that Seth brought this back.Are we gonna have ball this summer?Stay safe!

#213 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 26,364 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 10:38 AM

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season?I always want more articles by the original crew (not to knock any of the other excellent contributors at all).Oh, and it bugs me that any post I make that has more than a single sentence, for whatever reason, doesn't recognize the spaces that I put between each sentence.If anyone can tell me if that's a weird setting on my computer I'd appreciate it (MacBook user, running Chrome, but I think it happens when I use my work PC as well, so...).

Use only one space, instead of two, after sentence ending punctuation, and it will show correctly. It's how the site is programmed, or something like that, so we 'olders' have to get used to the single space that we learned back in typewriter days. :)

• Nine of twelve likes this

#214 Rutjers

Rutjers

Elizabethton Twins

• 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 04:46 PM

1.) Where are you from? St. Paul, but have lived in Sioux Falls, SD for 25 years. Hard to believe I have now lived in SD longer than MN. But still consider myself a Minnesotan.

2.) Age Range? 49

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? Before Twins Daily, the Strib's website carried some of the original blogs of the TD writers. I followed them to TD. 

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? 9th grade JV. Our school cut nobody from JV. I feel like we had 60-70 players on the JV. That was fun getting into one of every 3-4 games, and not even getting many reps in practice. I played HS golf the next year.

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Hrbek/Puckett, Mack/Koskie, batting=Boomstick...fielding=Buxton.

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? Michael Lewis

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? @Super70sSports, @Patrick_Reusse 

8.) Other interests outside of baseball. Golf, travel

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... forums, blogs, articles, topics... All of it.

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season? N/A

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events? No, but always think to myself they would be fun. If only I still lived in St. Paul instead of South Dakota.

• SQUIRREL and ashbury like this

#215 TheTeufelShuffle

TheTeufelShuffle

Elizabethton Twins

• 1 posts
  • LocationBloomington

Posted 05 April 2020 - 11:11 PM

1.) Where are you from? Grew up in Plymouth, moved to the East Coast 15 years, recently moved back to MN and in Bloomington now.
2.) Age Range? 38
3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? I needed to follow the Twins while living in NYC.  This site was the best way to do that.
4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? 6th Grade rec league.  Couldn't hit the ball to save my life.
5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Before my time - Tony Oliva as he used to shop at my dad's store.  Former Twins that I watched play - Teufel, Viola, Mack, Mauer.  Current Twins - Sano, Arraez
6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? www.dynastyleaguebaseball.com online mlb simulation game.
7.) Favorite Twitter follows? Just took twitter off my phone
8.) Other interests outside of baseball? Rafting and board games
9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily?  Reading articles and blogs.
10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season?
11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?"  Hope to one day when we can be around people again

• SQUIRREL, ashbury, Sconnie and 1 other like this

#216 thuuuuney

thuuuuney

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 146 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 09:34 AM

1.) Where are you from? Grew up in Brooklyn Park and then moved to Moorhead for school and I'm stuck in limbo due to COVID-19 boy this whole time will be interesting to look back on when this is over.

2.) Age Range? 23 years old and my back is already going out.

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? With the passion project I've been doing, I was told to come over here and post about it on this site. I've been a Twins fan my whole life and usually just posted on reddit but I'm very happy I found this site!

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? Currently on MSUM's club ball team and also played on Osseo's town ball team.

• Favorite Twin period is tough but I think I'd go with Johan Santana.
  • I know we didn't underappreciate him, but Jason Kubel did not get the recognition nationally that he deserved in his time here.
  • Favorite current Twin with a bullet is Eddie Rosario. I really hope we don't lose him.

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? Probably Lavelle or Aaron Gleeman.

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? Recently the account "Friday Beers" has been very funny and Rex Chapman always posts great videos as well.

8.) Other interests outside of baseball. I'm competed in two USAPL meets for powerlifting and I also love playing video games like MLB The Show and Call of Duty.

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... forums, blogs, articles, topics... wahtever you like. I'm still new here but the front page articles are great and the topic page where I post also is filled with great content.

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season? Other than making it a "secure" site, I can't think of any other improvements. 

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?" No but I would love to go once this is all over! To those in the future I'm referring to COVDI-19.

• SQUIRREL, ashbury and Sconnie like this

#217 mlhouse

mlhouse

• Banned
  • 808 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 11:30 PM

I did this once about 2-3 years ago, but it was during the offseason and well, it's been a long time ago... Let's get to know each other a little bit... Who are the Twins Daily readers and contributors. Obviously don't tell any more than you want to... here are some questions to consider answering, with my answers:

1.) Where are you from? I'm from Perham, MN, home of the Yellowjackets. Currently live in Warroad, MN, Hockeytown USA... Been here for 21 years, and don't feel like you need to get any more specific than you'd like.

2.) Age Range? (I'm in my 40s, lower half, easily.)

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? (I was at SethSpeaks.net, and me and the rest of the TD guys consolidated to create this fun-filled place)

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? (two years at college, Concordia in Moorhead)

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? (I mean, Kirby Puckett, of course... Underrated... Matt Lawton... and current, well, probably most enjoy watching Eddie Rosario though having had the opportunity to meet so many of the players, there are a lot of very good people in the organization.)

8.) Other interests outside of baseball. 

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... forums, blogs, articles, topics... wahtever you like.

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season?

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?"

1. I am from Eagle Bend, MN.Seth's uncle John was my football and baseball coach.

3. Followed here from Sethspeaks.com

4.Played small town varsity baseball.

5.Favorite Twin:Tony Oliva and Kirby Puckett.Most underappreciated: Shane Mack and Chili DavisFavorite current Twin:JJ Berrios

#218 Platoon

Platoon

Cooperstown

• 5,197 posts
  • LocationTwinsWorld

Posted 20 April 2020 - 08:17 AM

I know exactly where Longville is ... I spent a couple of summers at a camp on Little Boy Lake.

And that road is a stunningly gorgeous drive in fall with a motorcycle.  :)

• SQUIRREL likes this
TwinsWorld: Did you hear we just updated the Stadium Club?

If I wanted balls and strikes called by a robot, I would get an Xbox!

#219 Platoon

Platoon

Cooperstown

• 5,197 posts
  • LocationTwinsWorld

Posted 20 April 2020 - 08:55 AM

I grew up on a farm south of New Ulm, and have lived in a couple very small towns in the immediate area.That said I have managed to cross about 46 of the states, and quite a bit of Canada. After awhile it all blends together.

I always thought age was simply a number, so I was astounded in reading about the recent medical issues in the world that I am "elderly"? I guess I should have noticed when they started giving me Senior Discounts without carding me.

I played town ball baseball into my 20’s, obviously poorly or it would have been longer. I combined the unique blend of being able to hit neither a curveball or a fastball, with a lack of foot speed! But I played years of slow pitch and coached and umpired years more of baseball through all ages, up to adult.

My favorite Twin is probably Harmon, but there’s a lot to chose from. I agree with the thought of Greg Gagne as under appreciated, especially since he is so under appreciated I didn’t think of him till someone else did!

I have no idea how I discovered Twins Daily, but that phrase puzzles me since there were others on here already,sort of like Columbus found out. There is no favorite part, but in the past I was pretty fond of GT, but I do miss the snarkyness of the bygone losing era, that was combined with references to obscure knowledge. Some of that allure has sadly been replaced by baseball discussion.

One of my favorite bloggers was Ed Thoma, I say was because he seems relatively inactive during the shutdown. Plus he pointed me to some excellent non baseball books by Bill James, if you are a true crime aficionado try "The Man on the Train".

Baseball is still the same game as always. You ‘see the ball’, ‘hit the ball’ and with the exception of the Twins IF you ‘catch the ball’! :) That said it is discussed in different phraseology today, and the means to "count" results are much more intricate and detailed. But they all end up pointing in the same directions. Some things just won’t or can’t change.

I wish I could see the game coming back this year in a meaningful fashion.at all levels. But I don’t  see that happening, nor do I see TV ball in empty neutral stations, with a faux WS very satisfying. That said, GO Avondale Twins.)

• SQUIRREL and Craig Arko like this
TwinsWorld: Did you hear we just updated the Stadium Club?

If I wanted balls and strikes called by a robot, I would get an Xbox!