Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Get to know each other

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

Poll: Twins Daily on Social Media (131 member(s) have cast votes)

I follow Twins Daily on...

1. Twitter (16 votes [12.21%])

Percentage of vote: 12.21%

2. Facebook (10 votes [7.63%])

Percentage of vote: 7.63%

3. Both (18 votes [13.74%])

Percentage of vote: 13.74%

4. Neither (87 votes [66.41%])

Percentage of vote: 66.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#201 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 25,719 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 12:30 PM

Lifelong Chicagoan. 

For Me, Twins Daily makes me feel a part of Twins fandom here in "Enemy Territory"

I feel it ... although not lifelong in Chicago, been here long enough that the natives accept me as native. You can take the girl out of Minnesota, but you can't take the Minnesota out of the girl ... forever a Twins fan, much to some of my friends' eye-rolling consternation.

Did I ever tell the story of when Kenny Williams used to live in my building, and had a parking spot next to mine? When I discovered that, that's when I put the Twins sticker on my car. Not sure if he ever noticed it.

• Nine of twelve likes this

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#202 Nine of twelve

Nine of twelve

Minnesota Twins

• 2,670 posts
  • LocationEarth, for the time being

Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:34 PM

I feel it ... although not lifelong in Chicago, been here long enough that the natives accept me as native. You can take the girl out of Minnesota, but you can't take the Minnesota out of the girl ... forever a Twins fan, much to some of my friends' eye-rolling consternation.

Did I ever tell the story of when Kenny Williams used to live in my building, and had a parking spot next to mine? When I discovered that, that's when I put the Twins sticker on my car. Not sure if he ever noticed it.

You should have had your car repainted with Twins logos all over it. Now THAT would have been noticed.

• gil4 likes this

#203 gil4

gil4

The irrational optimism is regressing to the mean

• 2,045 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 06 February 2020 - 07:26 PM

1.) Where are you from? Born in St Paul, grew up in SE CT.Spent 24 years where home was where the Air Force sent me (11 years in Europe). The wheel stopped in SW OK and we have stayed (so far)

2.) Age Range? About as mid-50s as one can be.

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? SethSpeaks was daily reading (along with Gleeman)

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played?  freshman team, then a fairly competitive rec league through HS. Military intramural slow-pitch softball for 20+ years. Now I umpire HS games

5.) Favorite Twins PlayerRod Carew and favorite underappreciated Twins player, Can a guy in the HoF be underappreciated? Blylevenand if you want, favorite current Twins player?  Max Kepler 

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? gty.org (John MacArthur), I like and hate espn.com, I like the uni watch guy, babylonbee.com is a great satire site.
7.) Favorite Twitter follows? I don't user Twitter very often
8.) Other interests outside of baseball. Bible, my family, travel, hiking, a few of the lesser sports
9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... forums, blogs, articles, topics... wahtever you like.I like it all - the latest Twins news, the intelligent discussion, the joking around, all on a site that's PG on its worst day.
10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season? No ideas. It's pretty awesome as-is
11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?" Still no - I haven't made it to the Twin Cities for almost 12 years.

• SQUIRREL and Sconnie like this

#204 obtusebanter

obtusebanter

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 156 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 14 February 2020 - 02:59 AM

Aye. Eff it. Okay.

1) Where are you from? Northeast Minneapolis.

2) Age? 35

3) What brought you to Twins Daily? I first interacted with the Twins' commentariat about a decade ago at the old strib blogs. I took a hiatus during the doldrums. Started looking for a place to talk now that they good again.  

4) Highest level of baseball/softball played? High school. American Legion. Minneapolis Edison. I was a soft tossing RHP, played 3B when I wasn't on the mound, and could put the ball over the fence when I was lucky enough to get served a meatball.

5) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Jeff Reboulet, Brad Radke, Miguel SanĂ³.  

6) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? Michael Rand, Betsy Helfand, Do-Hyoung Park (this will become dated).

7) Favorite Twitter follows? @cjzero and @PitchingNinja

8) Other interest outside of baseball? All kinda stuff.

9) Favorite part of Twins Daily... Having a well-run website wherein I can cheer for my team.  

10) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season? Stay humble. 

11) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?" Not yet.

• stringer bell and Sconnie like this

#205 Westcoast2

Westcoast2

Elizabethton Twins

• 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:35 PM

1.) Where are you from? I'm from Appleton, MN former home of that semi-pro town team the Millers (due to the flour mill that was a major employer in the 1950's.Currently live in northern California.

2.) Age Range? I graduated from high school before Woodstock.Enough said.

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? I don't remember.

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? High School.

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Favorite Twin:Tony O.Most underappreciated:Caesar Tovar.Favorite Current Player: Berrios.

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? MLBTR

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? LaVelle

8.) Other interests outside of baseball.Is there anything outside of baseball?OK, reading, travel and the Vikings.

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... forums, blogs, articles, topics... wahtever you like.Minor league information.

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season?I'm headed to Fort Myers on Feb 29th.Want to give me a few tips on where to eat?

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?"Not too many have been in the San Francisco area. lol

You didn't ask for my favorite Twins memory.One was listening to the 1965 World Series on the radio while attending school.That Principle was awesome.But perhaps my best was watching Roger Clemens and Frankie "Sweet Music" Viola in a pitchers duel in Fenway Stadium.I was rooting for the Twins, of course.The man in front of me, in a heavy Boston accent, informed me that it wasn't a good idea to root for the opposing team in Fenway.I bought him a beer and we made nice through the rest of the game.The Twins won, of course. 

• SQUIRREL and Sconnie like this

#206 akmanak

akmanak

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 527 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 01:22 PM

1.) Where are you from? Saint Cloud,MN
2.) Age Range? 41
3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? Was a poster on BYTO...getttttt reaaaaddddyyy!
4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? High School
5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current. Justin Morneau, Joe Mauer, and Donaldson
6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? *Crickets*
7.) Favorite Twitter follows? What is this Twitter? Sounds like a druggy
8.) Other interests outside of baseball? Fandual, PS4, and coaching my son's baseball team
9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... The pleothra of info
10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season? N/A
11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?" No
  • SQUIRREL likes this

#207 flatlanddad

flatlanddad

• 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 02:29 PM

1.) Where are you from?Okabena, MN --> St. Peter, MN --> Sioux Falls, SD --> Ames, IA --> Valparaiso, IN

2.) Age Range? Low forties, barely

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? I used to read Nick Nelson's blog and just kept reading!

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? town ball, 6th grade? Partially dislocated my shoulder sliding into second base as a sub on my brother-in-law's softball team when I was like 23. I was called safe and scored after it popped back into place. When I tried to throw warming up to go back into the field, it came out again and I realized I was out.

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Joe Mauer, Joe Mauer/Byron Buxton, Byron Buxton

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? Twinkie Town isn't too bad either.

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? None

8.) Other interests outside of baseball. Mountain climbing, hiking, basketball

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... I rarely post, but I appreciate the conversations that others are willing to put out there. The articles are all pretty good to great, but the comments are generally respectful and usually pretty informative as well. Thanks for running a great site moderators and authors!

• SQUIRREL and ashbury like this

#208 FairlyWeathered

FairlyWeathered

Elizabethton Twins

• 1 posts
  • LocationAlmost South Dakota

Posted 14 February 2020 - 04:25 PM

Noob here:

1.) Where are you from? West of the Mississippi but East of the Missouri

2.) Age Range? 57

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? Used to be on the Twins site, but since that's not around, thought I'd come here.

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? Almost college baseball, Legion, didn't have a HS team.

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? CoomDog, La Tortuga

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? Haven't checked much yet

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? No account.............................yet:)

8.) Other interests outside of baseball. FIsh, Hunt, travel

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... Give me a chance, I'll think of something after I browse around.

• SQUIRREL, ashbury and Sconnie like this