Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Get to know each other

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

Poll: Twins Daily on Social Media (112 member(s) have cast votes)

I follow Twins Daily on...

1. Twitter (13 votes [11.61%])

Percentage of vote: 11.61%

2. Facebook (10 votes [8.93%])

Percentage of vote: 8.93%

3. Both (15 votes [13.39%])

Percentage of vote: 13.39%

4. Neither (74 votes [66.07%])

Percentage of vote: 66.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#181 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• Twins Mods
  • 23,779 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:13 AM

GO PACK!

Oh, blargh ... none of that nonsense here! ;)

• ashbury, JW24 and Sconnie like this

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#182 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• Twins Mods
  • 23,779 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:05 PM

We are going down the last week of February, so I am hoping action has started by then. I think it should...

The ST schedule is out.

https://www.mlb.com/...hedule-released

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#183 Bandit34

Bandit34

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:17 PM

I did this once about 2-3 years ago, but it was during the offseason and well, it's been a long time ago... Let's get to know each other a little bit... Who are the Twins Daily readers and contributors. Obviously don't tell any more than you want to... here are some questions to consider answering, with my answers:

1.) Where are you from? I'm from Perham, MN, home of the Yellowjackets. Currently live in Warroad, MN, Hockeytown USA... Been here for 21 years, and don't feel like you need to get any more specific than you'd like.

2.) Age Range? (I'm in my 40s, lower half, easily.)

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? (I was at SethSpeaks.net, and me and the rest of the TD guys consolidated to create this fun-filled place)

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? (two years at college, Concordia in Moorhead)

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? (I mean, Kirby Puckett, of course... Underrated... Matt Lawton... and current, well, probably most enjoy watching Eddie Rosario though having had the opportunity to meet so many of the players, there are a lot of very good people in the organization.)

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors?

7.) Favorite Twitter follows?

8.) Other interests outside of baseball. 

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... forums, blogs, articles, topics... wahtever you like.

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season?

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?"

Born in Bismarck, ND and have lived here almost my entire life. Love the cool climate as I really do not like the heat. I am 36 years old. Do not remember how I came across Twins Daily for the first time. I think it was around the time the Twins site took their message board down. I played baseball into my mid teens. I loved the hot corner at third. Loved to swing that bat and was a decent fielder, too! Favorite player was obviously number 34: Kirby Puckett! Got to see him play at the Dome in 1993 against our bitter rival in those days: the Oakland A's when I was 10 years old! Most underrated Twins player would be Shane Mack. The Mack Attack was a great hitter for a few years there. Favorite current player would probably be Luis Arraez. He will be a great one, I believe! 

• SQUIRREL, ashbury and Sconnie like this

#184 nclahammer

nclahammer

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:46 AM

1.) Where are you from? Originally from Bath, SD, & Aberdeen, SD; lived in Red Wing, MN, the past 26+ years

2.) Age Range? 53

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? Initially introduced through Twitter, then recommended by a friend.Love the way Twins Daily covers my team, the Minnesota Twins

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? Played Legion baseball in Bath, SD/various leagues of softball for about 20 years

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Favorite Gary Gaetti/Jim Kaat ... Underrated... Greg Gagne/Brian Harper.. and current player is Eddie Rosario 

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors?I enjoy them all

7.) Favorite Twitter follows?Not very active on Twitter, I like Dick Bremer's posts & Tim Froemming

8.) Other interests outside of baseball.Collecting sports memorabelia & performing in local theater

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... The daily report from down on the farm...what's happening in the minors.

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season?I think you currently provide the best Twins coverage, keep up the good work

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?"No, not yet.

• SQUIRREL and Sconnie like this

#185 ashbury

ashbury

Twins fan, no joke!

• Twins Mods
  • 23,586 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:55 PM

Born in Bismarck, ND and have lived here almost my entire life.

1.) Where are you from? Originally from Bath, SD, & Aberdeen, SD;

I lived in Dakota County MN, for a while. :) Glad you both introduced yourselves.

So, in conclusion, what was your question again?