Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

Photo

When do you check out?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 IdahoPilgrim

IdahoPilgrim

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:08 AM

How can you check out? It's baseball. TWINS baseball. Soon enough we'll be waiting six months for the next real baseball game. No real baseball fan--Twins fan--checks out.

What he said.

#32 powrwrap

powrwrap

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

My question for you is, at what point do you stop caring if the Twins win or not?

I think I reached that point in mid-May. Now I hope that they lose to increase their draft position.

Have any of you checked out yet?

I'm going to the game tomorrow, so no, I haven't checked out. Got tickets in sec. 220 for $7.00 each from ScoreBig.com.

I still watch the Twins on TV most of the time they are on, maybe not the whole game, but I do watch several innings and always flick over there during commercials if I'm watching something else.
[FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#000000]"Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand." [/COLOR][/FONT]

#33 Twins Twerp

Twins Twerp

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:10 AM

The NFL Draft

#34 DAM DC Twins Fans

DAM DC Twins Fans

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:30 AM

I realized pretty quickly that the Twins were not going to contend.

I basically "half checked out" at the start of the French Open (I like tennis) which was end of May...since then check hilites and this web site daily (excpet when on vacation. Follow box scores to see how guys who will be on our contending team in 2014 are doing. Thats about it.

#35 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Moderately Moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

How can you check out? It's baseball. TWINS baseball. Soon enough we'll be waiting six months for the next real baseball game. No real baseball fan--Twins fan--checks out.

What he said.

I can't quite believe this but I'm in with Chief on this one as well.Check out? No, can't.