Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Did you ever get a baseball at a Twins game?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 jharaldson

jharaldson

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:15 PM

5 years ago I took my kids to a game and we got there early. We hung around the dugout and Tony Oliva saw my kids and autographed a couple of balls and rolled them over the limestone to them. Made their night.

290307D1-1AE3-4BB8-B349-D498E2D5A395.jpeg
  • Carole Keller, Jerr, drbob524 and 1 other like this

#42 Doctor Wu

Doctor Wu

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:16 AM

Sadly, never. Nothing at major league games or even at spring training games. But one time back in the early 1990s I went with t friend to Memphis for "Elvis Weekend" in August (the anniversary of his death) and by coincidence the Orlando Twins were playing a series with the Memphis Chicks at Tim McCarver Stadium. Naturally, I had to go to the games. Also, we stayed at the same hotel as the Twins. I bumped into Willie Banks and Lenny Webster (Lenny was playing the piano in the lobby!) and chatted with them for a while. Nice guys. That night at the game I caught a foul ball hit by David Howard (later a utility player in themajors for the Royals, Cardinals, and other teams). But that was one and only foulball catch.

#43 milldaddy35

milldaddy35

• Members
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:25 AM

Yes...I got one from Yordano Ventura the year before he died. Loved watching him play. Still have that baseball sitting in my room.

Career Game Thread Record: 2-1

#44 drbob524

drbob524

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:46 AM

Why tell you about it, when I can show you...

https://www.mlb.com/...hat/c-137618983

Edited by drbob524, 13 July 2018 - 11:06 AM.

• ashburyjohn, Jerr, Oldgoat_MN and 1 other like this

#45 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 19,584 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:48 PM

Did the Twins offer you a minor-league contract on the spot?

If jail and prison are synonymous, why aren't jailer and prisoner?

#46 BoofBonser

BoofBonser

(not really Boof Bonser)

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:19 PM

I think it was in 2011 or 2012 at Target Field against the Mariners: 
We had seats behind home plate about 20 rows up and to the left a bit... There was a foul ball hit straight to my stepbrothers and I and it landed right in the seat where one of my stepbrothers was sitting. A lady, seated right behind us, then literally punched my stepbrother in the ear trying to grab the ball AND she got it... didn't even apologize 

#47 Jerr

Jerr

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:08 PM

I was going to say "hat catches" don't count, but that was more of a "hat knockdown" and not dropped. Pretty cool!

Edited by Jerr, 13 July 2018 - 02:09 PM.

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away. 

George Carlin

#48 Oldgoat_MN

Oldgoat_MN

Any chance we'll extend a player? Anyone?

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:41 PM

I been to well over 100 ballgames in the last, well, over half a century. Never got a baseball.

My youngest daughter got a ball when my folks took her to the Metrodome in 1987. She was 5 years old.

Fast forward 33 years and I took my oldest daughter to her first game at Target Field and her first baseball game in years. We sat in the first row down the left field line. The guy fielding foul balls there during the game gave her one. She even offered it to me (sweet woman). I don't know if she still has it.

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet just because it has a name or a photo you recognize.

- Abraham Lincoln