Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Berrios Makes First All-Star Team, Rosario Picked As Final Vote Candidate

eddie rosario eduardo escobar jose berrios fernando rodney
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 10,297 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:30 PM

Yes, the all-star game has become a meaningless joke, unfortunately, IMO.

That's true for all sports. Who cares. It's not meant for us. It's meant for the 10 year old version of ourselves that thought it was really cool all of the stars were on one field.

At least the game doesn't determine who gets home field advantage in the World Series. Which may be the dumbest sports decision ever.

Edited by Vanimal46, 09 July 2018 - 05:32 PM.

• Jerr likes this

#22 Twins33

Twins33

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:24 PM

Just voted.  If you read the fine print at the bottom, people who vote will get a free, non-renewing two-week subscription to MLB-TV for July 12-26.  So that is something.

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't going to vote but now I am.
  • Han Joelo likes this

#23 Jerr

Jerr

• Members
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:31 AM

That's true for all sports. Who cares. It's not meant for us. It's meant for the 10 year old version of ourselves that thought it was really cool all of the stars were on one field.

At least the game doesn't determine who gets home field advantage in the World Series. Which may be the dumbest sports decision ever.

And back when I was 10 yrs. old. they actually played to win!      

Edited by Jerr, 10 July 2018 - 10:32 AM.

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away. 

George Carlin

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: eddie rosario, eduardo escobar, jose berrios, fernando rodney