Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Twins Trade Rumors

trade rumor fernando rodney
  • Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#141 rdehring

rdehring

Ft Myers

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:05 AM

Dozier has heated up lately. You could be right. Dozier through June was so bad hitting and fielding. During his renaissance Dozier has been streaky, but not had the bad streak be this long or this deep.

My take has been that Escobar is 18 months younger, so less likely to hit the age cliff that seems to take effect on middle infielders. Combine that with Escobar’s step up over Dozier in fielding and Escobar’s recent hitting excellence, it’s been my preference to keep Escobar and extend him for a couple years.

With the recent winning streak driven largely by Dozier and Mauer’s hitting, and Romero coming back up for his start today, I wonder if the FO is backing away from sell mode a bit.

Gotta agree with almost anything from a fellow Badger!

Escobar hasn't been as hot since he got hit in the arm against Boston.I would hope the FO takes this opportunity and extends him for a couple or three years.Someone that can give you quality as a starter at three positions and hit in the middle of the lineup deserves to be on this team as they work towards a championship a few years out.

Really liked the interview with Levine a few comments above.Certainly sounds like someone you want in charge of your team.

• jun and Sconnie like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trade rumor, fernando rodney