Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Hitter Of The Month - June 2018

royce lewis caleb hamilton alex kirilloff brent rooker luis arraez
  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Thrylos

Thrylos

Twins World Champions in 2019

• Members
  • 9,668 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:48 PM

But sure, don't promote Lewis or Rooker yet. The rest of the league is getting younger...

Those 2 do not belong in the same sentence as far as readiness goes...   

Rooker may be the Twins first baseman starting in 2019.Lewis needs to hit well in AA before they promote him.They rushed Buxton and paying for it now.

• DocBauer likes this
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#22 Thrylos

Thrylos

• Members
  • 9,668 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:50 PM

Still perplexed why Lewis isn't at Ft Myers yet.

Give him a couple days for the college draftees to sign and move to Cedar Rapids

Edited by Thrylos, 04 July 2018 - 08:50 PM.

• dbminn likes this
-----

#23 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 27,010 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:05 PM

Those 2 do not belong in the same sentence as far as readiness goes...
Rooker may be the Twins first baseman starting in 2019. Lewis needs to hit well in AA before they promote him. They rushed Buxton and paying for it now.

No place did I say to Minnesota. Seriously

There's always next year, or the next, or maybe by the time I'm Chief's age, I guess....

#24 Ncgo4

Ncgo4

• Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:34 AM

If our German friend doesn’t start hitting Arraez may end up in left field.

#25 Ncgo4

Ncgo4

• Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:52 AM

Arraez is listed as 5’ 10”. Means he’s actually about 5’ 8”. When the Twins signed him as an undrafted player for, I recall, $40,000, the comments were that he didn’t have speed, had no power and just an OK arm. But our scout talked the Twins into signing him, describing him as a “Hitting Savant”. Could be a real good call.

If he hits in Chattanooga like he has everywhere else, how long before Max gets a bit nervous. He was the youngest in high “A”, how young will he be in double “A”?

#26 Thrylos

Thrylos

• Members
  • 9,668 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:31 AM

Arraez is listed as 5’ 10”. Means he’s actually about 5’ 8”. When the Twins signed him as an undrafted player for, I recall, $40,000, the comments were that he didn’t have speed, had no power and just an OK arm. But our scout talked the Twins into signing him, describing him as a “Hitting Savant”. Could be a real good call.

If he hits in Chattanooga like he has everywhere else, how long before Max gets a bit nervous. He was the youngest in high “A”, how young will he be in double “A”?

It is not Max Kepler who should be nervous, it is Nick Gordon.   

-----

#27 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 16,403 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:34 AM

Valuable? They won't even call up the RP taking up space in place of the old, bad, veterans in the pen. So, why do they need the space?

But sure, don't promote Lewis or Rooker yet. The rest of the league is getting younger...

I'm not saying they can't... but when you factor in guys like Wade and Graterol and whoever else needs to be protected this offseason plus whatever plans the front office has, it's understandable that they don't call him up in September. 

As for Lewis, I have no idea why he's not in Ft. Myers yet. 

• Mike Sixel likes this

#28 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 27,010 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:04 PM

to be clear, I want Rooker in AAA....I don't know if I care if he's in MN this year, unless the clubhouse gets cleaned out.....

btw, KLAW said in his chat today that wanting Lewis in high A was impatience, which was odd because two answers above this he said we are seeing more younger players come up and succeed.....

There's always next year, or the next, or maybe by the time I'm Chief's age, I guess....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: royce lewis, caleb hamilton, alex kirilloff, brent rooker, luis arraez