Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: CWS 6, MIN 1: Gibby Gets Got

kyle gibson ehire adrianza paul molitor ryan pressly gene glynn
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Cooperstown

• Members
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:08 AM

Ok. Molly apologist here and I think I can help you. Molly was ejected in the 6th inning and Pressly pitched the 8th inning.

Yes, let’s pretend Molitor isn’t in his office watching the game relaying instructions.

How about a real answer?

#22 KirbyDome89

KirbyDome89

Rochester Red Wings

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:10 AM

On a separate note:

How long can you go with Matt Belisle? A reliever almost HAS to come off the 25-man when Mejia is added on Saturday. Mathematically and realistically speaking, it has to be either Belisle or Busenitz. Matt Magill is another option, but he has to be at the bottom of that list, given his mere competency thus far. 

I hate to send Busenitz down, as he needs his innings to develop further at this level. But Belisle can't go without losing him completely, and Falvine likes him. 

Perhaps the next two days will dictate that, given what the circumstances are on Friday afternoon.

Belisle is a washed up veteran arm who lacks an option right? Yeah he'll stay. 

The more things change the more they stay the same...

#23 Blackjack

Blackjack

• Members
  • 939 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:44 AM

Yes, let’s pretend Molitor isn’t in his office watching the game relaying instructions.

How about a real answer?

No matter who sent Pressly out, it is a puzzler. Its obvious he's wearing down (already) and yet they run him out when you're down by 5 runs. Why not Reed, Magill, or Duke?

ccs-27-0-20918200-1530156268.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kyle gibson, ehire adrianza, paul molitor, ryan pressly, gene glynn