Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

College WS Game 2 - What an ending!

larnach oregon state
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gil4

gil4

The irrational optimism is back!

• Members
  • 1,754 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 27 June 2018 - 09:42 PM

Oregon State was down to their last out, down 3-2 with a runner at third, when I turned the TV on. That seemed like a short-term viewing commitment before bedtime, so I watched.

It looked like it was going to be over when the batter hit a foul pop-up down the RF line. The second baseman called for it and overran it, so it fell between the first baseman and right fielder. (Sorry, I only know one name involved in the game, and that's coming up.) Given new life, the batter tied the game with a solid single to left, scoring the runner from third.

Trevor Larnach was up next, and he hit a home run to right to give Oregon State the lead, 5-3.

Arkansas got the lead-off man on in the bottom of the ninth, but a strikeout and a double play off a one-hopper to the pitcher ended the game. 

That ties the series at 1-1, and the final game will be tomorrow night. 

Edited by gil4, 27 June 2018 - 09:43 PM.

• David HK likes this

#2 Monkeypaws

Monkeypaws

• Members
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 09:47 PM

There's a video of the dinger and the rest on this page.

https://bleacherrepo...e-2-of-2018-cws

• David HK likes this

#3 Sarah

Sarah

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:06 PM

I know it's a cliche (maybe because it's true) but you knew Oregon State was going to win the College World Series after that. Congrats to them though, they were an excellent team and took advantage of getting a second life after that mistake by Arkansas. And the Twins newest guy did well, looking forward to seeing him progress through the minors. Given our offense so far this season, maybe we'll be bad enough to draft Rutschman next year.:banghead: