Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: CHW 8, MIN 4: South Side Slip

lance lynn ehire adrianza ryan pressly alan busenitz matt belisle
  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 BJames

BJames

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 188 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 01:37 PM

We have two starter with an OPS over .710, they both are over .900.Morrison is at the bottom at .630Its not time to panic yet, but it is time to mix it up more and change the lineup.  

#42 nater79a

nater79a

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,009 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 02:28 PM

Are you sitting down? I pulled these numbers up a couple weeks ago and was shocked. 

Twins 2018 MLB ranks w/RISP (pulled from FanGraphs)

AVG 6th (.262)

OBP 11th (.340)

SLG 6th (.437)

OPS 7th (.777)

wOBA 7th (.329)

wRC+ 7th (107)

Crazy, right? I would've bet they were in the bottom third in all those stats. The big problem has been simply getting the runners into scoring position in the first place. The Twins have 666 plate appearances w/RISP, that's the fourth lowest in baseball

Would love to see what these numbers look like excluding Rosario and Escobar.I bet they WOULD be in the bottom third of the league.

#43 jkcarew

jkcarew

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,483 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 03:11 PM

Shifts I assume?

Which means that leaving one-third to one-half of the infield completely open has lead to lower BABiP.Try explaining that one to the baseball novice.Of course true SLG guys aren't going to give in...nor should they.On the other hand, a whole lot of guys that are getting shifted are not in that category.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lance lynn, ehire adrianza, ryan pressly, alan busenitz, matt belisle