Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: TEX 9, MIN 6: Odorizzi Lays an Egg

jake odorizzi eddie rosario logan morrison matt magill mitch garver
  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 gil4

gil4

The irrational optimism is back!

• Members
  • 1,790 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:35 AM

Motter will be DFA'd when Polanco arrives. 

At first glance I read that as Molitor will be DFA'd, and my thought was I like the idea, I don't think that's how it works, and what does Polanco have to do with it? The second glance made more sense but was a lot less interesting.

• Hosken Bombo Disco likes this

#22 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 14,825 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:11 AM

At first glance I read that as Molitor will be DFA'd, and my thought was I like the idea

I don't know -- Molitor might be our best option at DH right now...

• ashbury, USAFChief, gil4 and 4 others like this

#23 gil4

gil4

The irrational optimism is back!

• Members
  • 1,790 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 25 June 2018 - 02:20 PM

I don't know -- Molitor might be our best option at DH right now...

Yeah, but I'm not sure he's a good clubhouse influence. Is Hanley Ramirez still available?

• WLFINN and wsnydes like this

#24 by jiminy

by jiminy

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 03:19 PM

I am okay with sending Romero down.He wasn't winning us a pennant and his secondary pitches need work. He was holding his own which is great but I do not believe what we were seeing was his ceiling. Extending his service time is a bonus but not the real benefit here. I think he should be focusing on his weaknesses now not his strengths. You can't do that in the big leagues because you have to focus on getting guys out. I think a little more work in the minors is more likely to improve his performance next year and beyond than struggling to hold his own for the rest of this year instead of polishing his secondary pitches.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jake odorizzi, eddie rosario, logan morrison, matt magill, mitch garver