Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Twins Sign Belisle: What Does This Mean?

matt belisle alan busenitz john curtiss paul molitor
  • Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#81 Champuckett

Champuckett

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:00 AM

This means we are sellers and will patch together a lineup/bullpen using whatever we can find to make it through the rest of the season while players are traded away.They did something similar last season and we were in a better position then, than we are now.

#82 Doctor Wu

Doctor Wu

Ft Myers

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:59 AM

If they activate Mauer soon (he just started a rehab assignment for Rochester yesterday), this also means the only move they can really make is sending down LaMarre or Cave (barring another injury in the meantime). So gone is the CF platoon, and say hello to Robbie Grossman, exclusive 4th outfielder again.

That last sentence has given me a splitting headache!

#83 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Minnesota Twins

• Members
  • 3,214 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:36 AM

Or, they could subtract a pitcher. Magill hasn’t pitched in 10 days now. They obviously have too many. Maybe that’s a great idea. DL Reed for 10 days now. Put Pressly on the DL when he gets back.

#84 Doctor Wu

Doctor Wu

Ft Myers

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:39 AM

As baffling as this move seems, there is only one thing that the return of Belisle could mean: the second coming of Bartolo Colon to the Twin Cities!

#85 jkcarew

jkcarew

Ft Myers

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:12 AM

I really don't have that strong of an option on whether...or how realistic it might be...that Belisle is in a position to help more than Duffey or Busenitz over the next month.Although, I think it more likely that Molitor is simply more likely to actually USE Belisle than he would the other two.So, I guess that would be the good part of this...if you want to call it that.

Mostly though, it's a frustrating move to me simply because it takes a 40-man roster that already seemed absurd...and makes it seem...well, absurder.24 spots consumed by pitchers...at least 10 of which are not being considered...or apparently even that close to being considered, for the active roster...and of course that doesn't count the pitchers on the 25-man that the manager doesn't want to use.Has to be some kind of a record.

• Mike Sixel likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: matt belisle, alan busenitz, john curtiss, paul molitor