Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/10): Tough Day For The Bats

lamonte wade brent rooker alex kirilloff kohl stewart tyler wells
  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 108Stitches

108Stitches

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:43 PM

Wells is leading the league in WHIP and 2nd in ERA. Time for a promotion?

• Doctor Wu likes this

#22 nater79a

nater79a

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:33 PM

Rooker has 9 walks in his last ten games.Even tossing out the 4 walk game, gives him 5 walks in 9 games (42 PA) which is over 11%.Yes, SSS, but encouraging.

Had high hopes for Bechtold coming into the season.His bat was as cold as ice for much of this season.He is hitting .313 in his last 10 games with his average sneaking over .200 Sunday.Although the organization may eventually move some of their shortstops to third, they need someone to step up at third over the next couple years and there is still time for Bechtold.

Bechtold had a really good season last year at Elizabethton so I too had high hopes for him out of the gate this year.Started slow but now is picking it up in June.  

Hopefully he can continue to hit because he's a great 3B with a rocket arm.

#23 Jnball43

Jnball43

Elizabethton

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:42 PM

I think the most likely reason teams are struggling is a renewed focus on development. Someone on here watched Enlow pitch in CR recently and said the kid threw nothing but fastballs. I would find it hard to believe that a kid whose best pitch is a curve would decide to forgo it for an entire start unless he was specifically instructed to do so. To me that shows that, especially at the lower levels (A/AA),they are prioritizing development over winning. Given how many of our big prospects seem to be lacking in some fairly basic fundamentals (fastball command, bunting, baserunning, etc) when being called up, I for one am happy to see this change.
  • TNTwinsFan likes this

#24 Doctor Wu

Doctor Wu

Ft Myers

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:15 AM

Wells is leading the league in WHIP and 2nd in ERA. Time for a promotion?

Good question. Every time I check these reports it seems like Wells has pitcher another impressive game.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamonte wade, brent rooker, alex kirilloff, kohl stewart, tyler wells