Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Anthony Slama Petition

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#91 bdodge22

bdodge22

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

Please add me to your petition, Brian Dodge

#92 ast51106

ast51106

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

I joined this board to sign this petition. Please add my signature. Adam Turner

#93 ast51106

ast51106

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

I guess the question we have to ask ourselves is this - do we still move forward with the petition? I would imagine if Ryan responded we'd get the same answers, but one never knows? I'm still game. Thoughts? If this is the end of this thread - I was impressed by the solidarity we have all shown.

At this point the best option may be to point out how/why the answers he gave weren't accurate or truthful and demand the real reasons. The bullpen has been over worked and many in it have really struggled. This isn't a scenario where the only needs one more extra arm in the pen. They could easily add a few more players to see what they can do. They've already given extended looks to everyone in the pen and some have been so over worked that they've already thrown an entire season's worth of pitches. Shut them down to save their arms and at the same time see what else you have in the minors. Its not like these guys have been so impressive that there's no need to look for anyone better.

#94 Docsilly

Docsilly

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:48 AM

I'm in!

#95 Curt

Curt

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:04 AM

I'm in too. Am I too late?

#96 jay

jay

• Members
  • 921 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:51 AM

Yes. #freeslama

#97 thor7254

thor7254

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:41 AM

I'm in

#98 REPETE

REPETE

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

Respond to this -

I'd like to see Slama this September. Worst case, he does poorly, and the front office is right. Best case, he does well, and makes a bid for the team next year, or becomes trade bait. Signed: Steve Peterson - Full Season Tix holder

#99 Game163

Game163

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

I agree. Kyle Liesenfeld

#100 SpantheMan

SpantheMan

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

I'm in

#101 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

Whatchamacallit is the Best Candy Bar

• Members
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:19 PM

After 2:00pm Wednesday, I stopped taking names and sent out the petition. To all of those who missed the deadline and responded - we appreciate your support with this thing and your passion will send good energy into getting a response from Terry Ryan.

After John Shippley's Q&A with Ryan, I was not so sure that this petition should be thrown out there. But, too many people responded with great passion and if I blew off the whole thing, I thought it might look and be cowardly to do as such. The petition is out their and we will see if there is an answer. If not - this was an enjoyable experience. It was a nice change to see some unity, cameraderie and solidarity on this site.

We'll see what happens!:o

Edited by Bark's Lounge, 06 September 2012 - 08:35 PM.