Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Pitchers Hitting

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 old nurse

old nurse

• Members
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:14 PM

Baseball is like football with specialization?What twisted logic am I missing? Football allows free substitution, baseball does not. Why not just advocate putting out the best 9 defenders and starting each inning with the top of the batting order? That would make baseball like football with specialization.

#22 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 14,964 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:56 PM

Baseball is like football with specialization?What twisted logic am I missing? Football allows free substitution, baseball does not. Why not just advocate putting out the best 9 defenders and starting each inning with the top of the batting order? That would make baseball like football with specialization.

You should go back and re-read the post you are alluding to. You missed the mark by a mile it seems.
  • Hosken Bombo Disco likes this

#23 Nine of twelve

Nine of twelve

Rochester Red Wings

• Members
  • 1,084 posts
  • LocationEarth, for the time being

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:42 PM

I think taking the DH out of the minor leagues would go a long way toward improving pitchers' hitting capabilities at the pro level. Players should be improving their fundamentals in the minor leagues. All of them.

I doubt it would make much difference. Consistently batting well in the major leagues requires a skill that can't be learned unless you have that innate skill, and very few people do.

#24 old nurse

old nurse

• Members
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:17 PM

You should go back and re-read the post you are alluding to. You missed the mark by a mile it seems.

Not at all. The football analogies are absurd.