Twins are on pace for a 68-94 season and a top 7 pick. They're 6.5 games out of first and 10 GB of the wild card. And it's only June 1st.
Mauer, Lynn, Dozier, Escobar, Duke and Bobby Wilson are all potential free agents at the end of the year and Santana and Morrison have an option. So, since this is essentially another lost season, the FO should make a few moves in the next six weeks. Mauer and Santana aren't going to be traded. Morrison probably sticks around and Wilson has no trade value. My guess is that we do a few things.
1) Trade Dozier and bring up Nick Gordon. When Polanco comes back, the Twins will get half a season to see how those two fit into 2019 plans. Dozier has been slow to perform this year but he often starts slow. He's still on pace for a roughly 3 WAR season and hopefully he gets hot and drives up his trade value. Twins could keep him and put a QO on him but that seems risky and not really helpful to 2019. Red Sox have had to rely on Nunez a bunch at second base this year. And the Brewers have gotten 0.2 fWAR from their second basemen this year.
2) Trade Duke and Escobar for whatever we can get. Duke's LH and breathing so someone will want him. Maybe Escobar can get a Nunez-like return.
3) Trade Lynn and let Gonsalves, May or Littell get some ML innings. I have no idea what Lynn's trade value would be but moving him would save the Pohlad's some money, so it'll probably happen.
4) Fire Molitor. This is the second time in three years that a 80+ win team came in with expectations and looked absolutely lost from the outset. If that's not on the manager, then nothing is.
5) Get healthy and let the younger guys play. Don't let the manager pull Buxton in the 8th for Robbie Grossman to pinch hit anymore. Let Romero, Gonsalves, Berrios and Littell rack up innings.
Other than the guys above, I think the Twins could think about trading Pressly and/or Gibson as well.