Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: MIL 5, MIN 4: Jake Cave Homers in MLB Debut

jake cave bobby wilson fernando romero
  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 16,359 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 02:38 PM

I don't get Morrison playing on defense. Put Kepler at first until Mauer is back and Cave or LaMarre in right. This way we still have quality defense. I like Grossman. I like his approach but he should not be in the outfield and Morrison should be the main DH. I think Grossman has to go. I don't feel good about it, but we have too many constraints with him and Morrison.

Molitor/Falvine need to stop compromising the lineup to fit the right vs left left vs right strategy. That's fine when your players are more balanced, but with so many players out, we need to field the best players we can. We are missing some good bats. We should be filling in with better defense.

When is the last time that Kepler played 1B?

• youngpadawan likes this

#42 terrydactyls1947

terrydactyls1947

Ft Myers

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • LocationCumberland Center, Maine

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:17 AM

So much wrong with this team right now that we shouldn't really be surprised by the results.

- We have our starting catcher, 1B, SS, 3B out of the lineup, a CF that missed 2+ weeks and didn't rehab, and are missing the SP that started the WC game for us. It shouldn't really come to a surprise that our offense has been this bad. Batters 6-9 are almost a guaranteed out every time up there. You can't win with that. If it weren't for a 10 game hot stretch between the ED's we'd be much worse right now.

However, were also dealing with things that weren't expected.

- Lance Lynn will not throw the ball over the plate.
- Jose Berrios struggled for 4 or 5 continuous outings
- Logan Morrison forgot how to hit the first 20 games or so
- Robbie Grossman also forgot how to hit
- Taylor Rogers has been ineffective against lefties.

With that said, there are also some positives:
-Jake Odorizzi has been as good or better than advertised.
- Ryan Pressly is NSFW
-Max Kepler is mashing lefties right now
-The Ed's
-Fernando Romero

The good news is 12 of our next 22 games are against the Royals, White Sox, or Tigers. This is a good chance to get back on track.

I looked up NSFW on Google and found it means "Not Suitale For Work" and that didn't seem to make sense. So I Googled "Basebal NSFW" and I got a long list of websites ofering pictures and videos of people having sex at stadiums. So I don't think that is what you meant by "Ryan Pressley is NSFW" in your list of positive things. What do you mean?

Also, who are these guys named ED that you refer to several times?

#43 caninatl04

caninatl04

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:10 PM

So much wrong with this team right now that we shouldn't really be surprised by the results.

- We have our starting catcher, 1B, SS, 3B out of the lineup, a CF that missed 2+ weeks and didn't rehab, and are missing the SP that started the WC game for us. It shouldn't really come to a surprise that our offense has been this bad. Batters 6-9 are almost a guaranteed out every time up there. You can't win with that. If it weren't for a 10 game hot stretch between the ED's we'd be much worse right now.

However, were also dealing with things that weren't expected.

- Lance Lynn will not throw the ball over the plate. 

- Jose Berrios struggled for 4 or 5 continuous outings

- Logan Morrison forgot how to hit the first 20 games or so

- Robbie Grossman also forgot how to hit

- Taylor Rogers has been ineffective against lefties.

With that said, there are also some positives:

-Jake Odorizzi has been as good or better than advertised. 

- Ryan Pressly is NSFW

-Max Kepler is mashing lefties right now

-The Ed's

-Fernando Romero

The good news is 12 of our next 22 games are against the Royals, White Sox, or Tigers. This is a good chance to get back on track.

Excellent summary!I was going to write something very similar.

Take an 85 win team. Now subtract their ace.Now subtract an unbelievable five of eight defensive starters (as of Saturday night).I'm surprised they could score even four runs. 

#44 Twins33

Twins33

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:58 PM

I looked up NSFW on Google and found it means "Not Suitale For Work" and that didn't seem to make sense. So I Googled "Basebal NSFW" and I got a long list of websites ofering pictures and videos of people having sex at stadiums. So I don't think that is what you meant by "Ryan Pressley is NSFW" in your list of positive things. What do you mean?
Also, who are these guys named ED that you refer to several times?

NSFW means exactly what you said "not suitable/safe for work". It means he was dirty/filthy etc. in baseball terms. You want all your pitchers to be NSFW. It's a very good thing.

#45 youngpadawan

youngpadawan

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:46 PM

When is the last time that Kepler played 1B?

2 times in 2016.
37 in AA and about 56 other times.
I'm not saying he should permanently move there but injuries cause players to move around.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jake cave, bobby wilson, fernando romero