Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Vegas, baby...Vegas.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• 16,946 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 09:15 AM

Penguins were definitely not ecstatic to get rid of Fleury

He was a 6M backup goalie, they got that off their books. They were absolutely happy about it.
  • twinsnorth49 likes this

#22 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Pitch(er) Mix: Tequila, Orange Liqueur, Lime Juice

• 13,579 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 01 June 2018 - 09:22 AM

I'd be perfectly happy with Vegas going down in a ball of flames to Washington. As should any self respecting fan of long suffering hockey teams to never have won the Cup.

Having that fan base celebrate a Stanley Cup in their first year of existence makes me want to vomit.

And yes, I am bitter. I'm ok with that.

In fairness, it's not like people looked at their roster after the expansion draft and said, "Wow, this team is a Stanley Cup contender."

Fleury got hot in the playoffs again... And the spare parts from other teams meshed together to make an improbable run.

Edited by Vanimal46, 01 June 2018 - 09:23 AM.

#23 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Win!!

• 11,907 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 09:23 AM

Penguins were definitely not ecstatic to get rid of Fleury

Yes they were. 

That guy has a magic horseshoe so far up his ass nobody can possibly find it. 

Seems to be falling out against the Caps though, fingers crossed. 

• TheLeviathan, adorduan and Vanimal46 like this

#24 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Win!!

• 11,907 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 09:26 AM

Yeah, I guess I wouldn't have said I'm bitter but maybe that's what it is. We've seen expansion teams in all the major sports in the last several decades and this was the first time that the league catered to the new guy on the block. I'm not sure if it was in deference to the powerful new ownership group, or more likely, if it was a fear that they'd put a team in a market they weren't sure could handle it, but no other franchises had the league bend over backwards for them like this.

Now with their success you can believe that all the other leagues will be interested in expansion teams that win right away. Can't wait to see how the league lets a new team in Portland (or maybe they'll just copy cat and give one to LV too) leverage the new rules to make demands from the Twins.

Half a billion dollars buys you some good catering. 

• TheLeviathan likes this

#25 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• 16,946 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 09:48 AM

Yup, they paid a ton and expected perks. Makes sense and they made the most of their perks.
  • twinsnorth49 likes this

#26 Monkeypaws

Monkeypaws

• 2,434 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 05:47 PM

So far this has been one of the most entertaining Finals I've seen in many a year.

Nothing like the unbridled hunger of 2 teams going at it who have never won a cup, and each have only a single player who has won one. 

Great direct attacking hockey, with even a slight edge: when Haula is a bad guy, well, just wow.

#27 adorduan

adorduan

• 789 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:24 AM

Las Vegas better find their forecheck again or the Caps are gonna win this.As a fan of the Red

Wings through out a terrible 80's and then having a great team in the 90's that had to suffer through some stinging defeats (swept in finals by Devils, knocked out by Avs in conf. finals the next year after winning 62 games) before finally winning it all, I'm pulling for the Caps to finally win one for their fans.

#28 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Win!!

• 11,907 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:52 AM

It's midnight Cinderella.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

#29 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• 3,033 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:03 AM

It's midnight Cinderella.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

Feel better now?

Rap name: LL Cool Bean.

#30 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Win!!

• 11,907 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:46 AM

Feel better now?

A little bit....thx.
  • Pardon My Dinger likes this

#31 jimmer

jimmer

A former AF SNCO who values integrity.

• 10,212 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:46 AM

I only like one team in the East. Thats the Caps. I also am a big fan of Ovechkin. So if the Wild or Sharks can't win, I am happy with the Caps winning.