Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

Photo

100 Stolen Bases

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Brandon

Brandon

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:34 AM

On baseball-reference there are 20 players in franchise history with 100 career stolen bases with the team including the time spent in Washington DC. In Minnesota it appears that number is 7 maybe 8 as there are a few players i never heard of. There aee quite a few on the list who fell just short.....Nick Punto with 89, Denard Span at 90, Matt Lawton at 96...but we do have someone on the team who can either make it to 100 or just miss it. Dozier is at 92 career steals. If he isnt resigned this offseason, then this year is his only chance to get to 100 career steals as a Twin. 100 career steals is not the biggest accomplishment out there but as a Twin its pretty big. A player is twice as likely to hit 100 homeruns for us as there are around 15 players who did that in Minnesota and remember all those powerless years in the 90's and 2000's? So lets root for Dozier on his quest to get to 100 stolen bases as a Twin

https://www.baseball...rs_bat_50.shtml

#2 youngtwinsfan

youngtwinsfan

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:45 AM

From what I am seeing he would be just the 5th player in franchise history to reach 100 HR and 100 SB!

• gunnarthor likes this

#3 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 9,106 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:12 AM

Hope he gets there. 

I thought Rosario had more SB than he does. Buxton will probably get there. 

#4 AlwaysinModeration

AlwaysinModeration

Rochester Red Wings

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:26 PM

Buxton will probably get there.

But will he get caught stealing before he gets there?
  • DocBauer and Doctor Wu like this

#5 Doctor Wu

Doctor Wu

Ft Myers

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:01 AM

I'm one of those old school fans that still loves to see players stealing bases. I realizes that it now goes against the "new" strategy and analytics that teams have embraced in recent years, but darn, it's exciting to watch. And fast players like Buxton (when healthy) are certainly capable of stealing a lot of bases. Surprised to see Dozier so high on that list. Not sure if he'll top the 100 mark this year or not.

#6 Brandon

Brandon

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:48 AM

If Dozier doesnt make it to 100, that would make this the first season he failed to get atleast 10 stolen bases in a season since he had 9 in his rookie season.

#7 Twodogs

Twodogs

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:20 PM

I'm one of those old school fans that still loves to see players stealing bases. I realizes that it now goes against the "new" strategy and analytics that teams have embraced in recent years, but darn, it's exciting to watch. And fast players like Buxton (when healthy) are certainly capable of stealing a lot of bases. Surprised to see Dozier so high on that list. Not sure if he'll top the 100 mark this year or not.

I wonder what will make some of those analytics change?? Im looking around and there have been a ton of no-hit bids this year and a couple of actual no hitters. It almost appears that with the new style of hitting and such that the pitchers now have the advantage?? Verlander has what a 1.11 era? I mean are they going to have to lower the mound again? Or would changing some strategy maybe make a difference??
  • Doctor Wu likes this

You cannot succeed without hate for your enemy