Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (5/12): Trevor May Returns

trevor may zander wiel nick gordon lamonte wade royce lewis
  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 27,322 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:17 PM

Just guessing here, but could it be, they are worried he takes off in AAA and they have to remove somebody off the 40 and if he gets hurt they are short outfielder?

I don't think so. You are basically arguing they don't want him to take off this year.
  • jokin likes this

I remain hopeful on Buxton and Sano.....but I'd not bet the franchise on them.

#22 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 11,536 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:44 PM

The front office knew the weather would be worse than normal before the season started? I mean, they have a lot of data...

I just think, actually, I have no idea why Wade is in AA.

"The front office knew"?The weather is always bad in the US northeast in April. I think it's only logical to have your best young prospects playing more consistently and with less chance of injury in bad field conditions in the Southern League than in Buffalo or Rochester.

Joyous, fact-based and tireless Twins fan for 40+ years, who unfortunately has been characterized as-

"forcing Twins fans to endure more bitter, baseless, and tiresome cheap shots about the Twins FO."

#23 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 27,322 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:53 PM

"The front office knew"?The weather is always bad in the US northeast in April. I think it's only logical to have your best young prospects playing more consistently and with less chance of injury in bad field conditions in the Southern League than in Buffalo or Rochester.

and yet Romero was in AAA to start. Why him, and not the others? 

#24 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 11,536 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:05 PM

and yet Romero was in AAA to start. Why him, and not the others? 

5 or 6 man starting rotation.

Joyous, fact-based and tireless Twins fan for 40+ years, who unfortunately has been characterized as-

"forcing Twins fans to endure more bitter, baseless, and tiresome cheap shots about the Twins FO."

#25 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 27,322 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:06 PM

I think we'll just disagree on this. And, if they won't put good players in AAA to start because it is in a cold weather city, maybe they need a new city. 

• jokin likes this

#26 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 11,536 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:25 PM

I think we'll just disagree on this. And, if they won't put good players in AAA to start because it is in a cold weather city, maybe they need a new city. 

Definitely agree with that! They've had chances to do so in the past and were too cheap to get it done. 

If the Red Wing franchise were ever put up for sale, the Twins should move immediately to purchase the team and rectify the situation, put the team in Florida, South Carolina, Tucson, Bakersfield, even downtown St Paul with a roof.

• Mike Sixel likes this

#27 twins1095

twins1095

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 07:34 PM

Really like Wade...big fan of guys with his kind of approach and command of an at bat.Those kind of guys usually outperform whatever their "tools" are. He's gonna get on base a lot, not chase and get himself out, and generally swing at pitches and be in counts that put him in favorable positions.If he's got anything more in his bat than Grossman and can field his position even at an average level there's a solid amount of value to that player.

With Kepler, Buxton, Rosario I'm not sure exactly where he fits in the lineup, but he's a guy I wouldn't be surprised to see carve out a better than expected career. 

4th outfielder floor. 

• jokin likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trevor may, zander wiel, nick gordon, lamonte wade, royce lewis