Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Rotation

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 Jaykay

Jaykay

Puerto Rico Joe

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:13 AM

Strong start for May in Rochester today. 

• Mike Sixel likes this

#62 Sconnie

Sconnie

From the "right" side of the St Croix

• Members
  • 3,457 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:13 AM

I don't know, but this seems backwards to me. My guess is that 100 pitches over 8 innings results in less wear and tear than 100 pitches over 6 innings, although I'd guess the difference is small.

I'd base my opinion on the simple correlation between the above, and my almost certain belief that 100 pitches over 8 innings is less stressful than 100 pitches over 1 inning.

My belief is that more, over less time, is more stressful than the same amount, over more time.

for a reliever, 100 game pitches over 8 innings also comes with warming up in the bullpen and sitting back down

#63 mrmpls

mrmpls

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:38 AM

It will take a starter 40 starts to get 200 innings on this team, We can use all of them we dont have Big time HORSES, I will be surprised if maybe 2 of them get to 180 innings, Use them all figure it out Molly!!

#64 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 5,291 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:13 PM

It will take a starter 40 starts to get 200 innings on this team, We can use all of them we dont have Big time HORSES, I will be surprised if maybe 2 of them get to 180 innings, Use them all figure it out Molly!!

League average start is just over 5 1/3 innings.
This is baseball now, it's not a Twins thing.
  • Brock Beauchamp, Mike Sixel, Twins33 and 3 others like this