- ntec puoycinjctsn
Yesterday, 11:58 PM
- Article: Bears vs. Vikings Game Thread
Yesterday, 11:19 PM
- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Yesterday, 11:03 PM
- Troy Williamson > Patterson
Yesterday, 09:09 PM
- 2015 upgrades
Yesterday, 03:59 PM
- Article: Ponder Era Ending
Yesterday, 03:27 PM
- Zimmer's Freaky-Fast Friday Presser
Yesterday, 07:49 AM
- Article: Minnesota Vikings Christmas Returns
Yesterday, 06:48 AM
- Article: Bears vs. Vikings preview: Playing for Purple Pride and Jobs
Yesterday, 03:27 AM
- This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Chicago Bears
Dec 27 2014 02:26 AM
Mackey's notebook: Throwing Out Baserunners
Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:25 PM
I'm a little puzzled by why Gardenhire focused on Mauer's arm at the start: ""(Mauer) is not having any arm problems at all." although he did go on to say: " he's kind of sitting there catching it flat-footed. ... That leads to him having to stand straight up and throw the ball, rather than driving through it."
When I first read the statistics, my first thought was about the problems that Mauer has had with his knees and legs not his arm. And while Butera and Doumit are also down from their career averages percentage-wise, neither of them is off nearly as much as Mauer.
To me, the combination of the decline in throwing out batters coupled with his somewhat reduced Slugging Percentage and OPS would indicate that his knees/legs will probably never be quite the same. (Although his power numbers are up from last year).
Arm injury just never occurred to me.
Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:17 PM
Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:28 AM
Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:33 AM