Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: TOR 7, MIN 4: WHAT IS HAPPENING!?!?!?

john curtiss addison reed eddie rosario kyle gibson joe mauer
  • Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 lukeduke1980

lukeduke1980

Ft Myers

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 11:05 AM

Teamwork is a funny thing.I've watched basketball teams swap out one player for another and you would swear the entire team was swapped out.Teamwork went out the window and the "me first" attitude took over the team.Are the Twins in a similar situation?I'd be curious what the clubhouse chemistry is.

My attitude soured on the team just a little bit at the beginning of the year when Dozier gave his 'I'm a free agent' speech.I wonder if that soured any of the immeasurable mojo.

#62 bluechipper

bluechipper

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 12:47 PM

I feel like the game turned on that Grossman pop up with a runner on third and one out.RISP situations have been horrible for the Twins.

#63 snap4birds

snap4birds

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 12:49 PM

Supposedly, there was some concern over the number of innings Reed logged the past couple years (77 & 76) that contributed to a lack of options for him last winter.I'm no expert on how many innings a guy should throw, but there are only about 6 or 7 who threw 75 or more in '16 and '17.I think the Twins should be very careful about overusing him.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: john curtiss, addison reed, eddie rosario, kyle gibson, joe mauer