Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Twins vs Mariners, 08-30-2012, 12:10pm

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,798 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:39 AM

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Twins:
Ben Revere CF[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Alexi Casilla 2B[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Joe Mauer C[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Josh Willingham LF[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Justin Morneau 1B[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Ryan Doumit DH[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Chris Parmelee RF[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Trevor Plouffe 3B[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Pedro Florimon SS[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial](Brian Duensing P)

Mariners:
[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Dustin Ackley 2B[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Franklin Gutierrez CF[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Kyle Seager 3B[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Jesus Montero C[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Justin Smoak 1B[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Miguel Olivo DH[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Trayvon Robinson LF[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Eric Thames RF[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Brendan Ryan SS[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial](Blake Beavan P)[/FONT][/COLOR]

#2 stringer bell

stringer bell

Confirmed Hacker

• Twins News Team
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

I see BDuens has already yielded a run. Hopefully the bats will stay alive.

#3 stringer bell

stringer bell

Confirmed Hacker

• Twins News Team
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:18 AM

I will be at work for the entire game. I predict a big day from Alexi Casilla, as the Twins split with the M's.

#4 stringer bell

stringer bell

Confirmed Hacker

• Twins News Team
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

Don't you dare bunt Casilla!

#5 stringer bell

stringer bell

Confirmed Hacker

• Twins News Team
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:24 AM

I will be at work for the entire game. I predict a big day from Alexi Casilla, as the Twins split with the M's.

That's a start!

#6 Guest_USAFChief_*

Guest_USAFChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

Casilla is still on this team?

#7 Ultima Ratio

Ultima Ratio

Super Friend

• Members
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:42 AM

Do you believe he still has some promise? I'm torn, but think he can still be a good option at second for us, especially given our current depth/options to replace him.
Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

#8 Ultima Ratio

Ultima Ratio

Super Friend

• Members
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

If Revere could just pull one of those long fly outs, he'd get that elusive 1st home run.

#9 stringer bell

stringer bell

Confirmed Hacker

• Twins News Team
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

OK, I am on GameDay and the out for Revere was recorded as a ball all the way to (or over) the wall. How accurate?

#10 Ultima Ratio

Ultima Ratio

Super Friend

• Members
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

OK, I am on GameDay and the out for Revere was recorded as a ball all the way to (or over) the wall. How accurate?

Roughly 390-395 ft. dead center.

Right at the beginning of the warning track.

#11 IdahoPilgrim

IdahoPilgrim

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

Do you believe he still has some promise? I'm torn, but think he can still be a good option at second for us, especially given our current depth/options to replace him.

It will be interesting to see whether the Twins offer him arbitration in the off-season or let him walk. With Nishi back in the doghouse and Escobar not showing much yet they might choose to keep him, for depth. A month ago I'd have been sure he was history after this year.

#12 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 7,127 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

If Revere could just pull one of those long fly outs, he'd get that elusive 1st home run.

He has made some nice improvements at every phase of the game this year, even throwing out a baserunner or two, no reason he can't emulate Kirby's career just a wee little bit and add a modicum of power to his toolkit. He starts hitting more gaps on the fly and he creates even more defensive nightmares for the opposition.

#13 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 7,127 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

It will be interesting to see whether the Twins offer him arbitration in the off-season or let him walk. With Nishi back in the doghouse and Escobar not showing much yet they might choose to keep him, for depth. A month ago I'd have been sure he was history after this year.

Don't put it past him, he has made a living being the odd man in, and then out, and then back in again.

#14 stringer bell

stringer bell

Confirmed Hacker

• Twins News Team
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

Roughly 390-395 ft. dead center.

Right at the beginning of the warning track.

So gutierrez had to go back 180 ft. then? JK.

#15 Guest_USAFChief_*

Guest_USAFChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

Do you believe he still has some promise? .

No. But in fairness, I've not thought much of Casilla for a few years now.

I don't think the Twins think he's an everyday player either...they're playing a 38 yr old ahead of him, among other things.

#16 stringer bell

stringer bell

Confirmed Hacker

• Twins News Team
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

[quote name='jokin'][quote name='sbknudson'][quote name='Ultima Ratio']

Do you believe he still has some promise? I'm torn, but think he can still be a good option at second for us, especially given our current depth/options to replace him.[/QUOTE]

It will be interesting to see whether the Twins offer him arbitration in the off-season or let him walk. With Nishi back in the doghouse and Escobar not showing much yet they might choose to keep him, for depth. A month ago I'd have been sure he was history after this year.[/QUOTE]

Don't put it past him, he has made a living being the odd man in, and then out, and then back in again.[/QUOTE]I think the Twins keep him just to give Chief ulcers.

#17 stringer bell

stringer bell

Confirmed Hacker

• Twins News Team
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

I confess to not watching the Twins much lately. So, have we been seeing more of the "bad Hammer" lately?

#18 Ultima Ratio

Ultima Ratio

Super Friend

• Members
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

[quote name='jokin'][quote name='sbknudson'][quote name='Ultima Ratio']

Do you believe he still has some promise? I'm torn, but think he can still be a good option at second for us, especially given our current depth/options to replace him.[/QUOTE]

It will be interesting to see whether the Twins offer him arbitration in the off-season or let him walk. With Nishi back in the doghouse and Escobar not showing much yet they might choose to keep him, for depth. A month ago I'd have been sure he was history after this year.[/QUOTE]

Don't put it past him, he has made a living being the odd man in, and then out, and then back in again.[/QUOTE]
He's been a tease, no doubt. I really hope Carroll is the utility guy next year since his definitely on the 25 man barring trade. I like the current look up the middle, so long as both Florimon and Casilla keep up better than average defense, which they should.

#19 Ultima Ratio

Ultima Ratio

Super Friend

• Members
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

When Morneau gets some patience back at the plate, I really hope we'll see him getting into better counts. Man, it seems like he's always down 1-2 and has to protect.

#20 ahart10

ahart10

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

Lew Ford up to bat on WGN. GIDP.

#21 IdahoPilgrim

IdahoPilgrim

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

When Morneau gets some patience back at the plate, I really hope we'll see him getting into better counts. Man, it seems like he's always down 1-2 and has to protect.

I haven't been following that closely, but given he's had a slow year (getting better but still sub-par for him), could it be teams are pitching him more aggresively and challenging him more in the strike zone?

#22 Ultima Ratio

Ultima Ratio

Super Friend

• Members
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

I haven't been following that closely, but given he's had a slow year (getting better but still sub-par for him), could it be teams are pitching him more aggresively and challenging him more in the strike zone?

I see them using his aggressive approach against him. As Parker pointed out a couple months ago, pitchers are throw lots of soft stuff away to get him out front and pull off the ball, then throw the high fastball to ring him up. I love that Morneau is aggressive, he just need to lay off more of those pitches. Easier said that done, but he can be an elite hitter again... I think.

#23 stringer bell

stringer bell

Confirmed Hacker

• Twins News Team
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

[quote name='Ultima Ratio'][quote name='jokin'][quote name='sbknudson'][quote name='Ultima Ratio']

Don't put it past him, he has made a living being the odd man in, and then out, and then back in again.[/QUOTE]
He's been a tease, no doubt. I really hope Carroll is the utility guy next year since his definitely on the 25 man barring trade. I like the current look up the middle, so long as both Florimon and Casilla keep up better than average defense, which they should.[/QUOTE]It would be nice to have two fast guys who are plus defenders manning the middle infield, but with Casilla and Florimon there, the Twins would have to have really good production from the other seven positions. Possible, but not likely.

#24 Ultima Ratio

Ultima Ratio

Super Friend

• Members
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

Lew Ford up to bat on WGN. GIDP.

Result?

#25 ahart10

ahart10

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

Chopper, 1-4-3 double play.

#26 nokomismod

nokomismod

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

He's been a tease, no doubt. I really hope Carroll is the utility guy next year since his definitely on the 25 man barring trade. I like the current look up the middle, so long as both Florimon and Casilla keep up better than average defense, which they should.]It would be nice to have two fast guys who are plus defenders manning the middle infield, but with Casilla and Florimon there, the Twins would have to have really good production from the other seven positions. Possible, but not likely.

I would love to see that middle infield personally, but I think the more likely opening day middle infield starters next year will be Carrol and Dozier.

#27 stringer bell

stringer bell

Confirmed Hacker

• Twins News Team
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

It looks like Duensing is following Deduno's lead of covering up a stinker with a really good outing.

#28 Guest_USAFChief_*

Guest_USAFChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:33 PM

I think the Twins keep him just to give Chief ulcers.

Too late. Make them worse, maybe.

//rimshot//

#29 TwinVike61

TwinVike61

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

I think I'm having problems with Gameday...it looked like Joe mauer swung at the first pitch of his at-bat...(and grounded out.)

#30 IdahoPilgrim

IdahoPilgrim

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

Am I watching the right channel? I was looking for the Twins team that I saw last night.