As most of you have already heard, today's baseball action at Target Field has been postponed due to snow. Yes, its April 14th and it seriously looks like I'll have at least 12" of new snow in my back yard. I apologize and ask for your forgiveness in advance for my melancholic, SNOW postponed Game Thread introduction.
For those of you wisely living outside of Minnesota in better climates, let me list for you the general emotions and behaviors people have been exhibiting the last couple of weeks around here:
- Anger - At the weatherman and Mother Nature.
- Despair - Any hope of Spring coming is dead.
- Anguish - Part of the sad family. Really just means pain.
- Depression - There is still 24" of ice on Lake Minnetonka. Won't be open until May or longer...
- Regret - I should have moved away years ago.
- Sorrow - Will I get to fish on open water again?
- Hostility - Towards my snow removal equipment and shovels.
- Rage - the snow just keeps coming and coming. It's like the mail.
- Hopelessness - will it ever go above 40 degrees?
- Anxiety - Summer will never come. We are entering a mini ice age.
- Alcoholism - Might as well stay in and have a few more cocktails with dinner.
- Binge eating - Might as well eat another eclair. Not putting on a bathing suite this year anyway.
- Hysteria - Emotions are on edge. Good Def Leppard album though.
- Arthritis - Cold is not good on the joints. Slipping and falling on ice doesn't help either.
- Loathing - At the cold, snow and people smart enough to live in a better climate.
- Grief - Spring has died.
Just thought I would share what some people are experiencing around the area. I know a few people out there love this weather but I like the change in seasons. Its time to change this ^*#@&*% season! I suppose we will go from snow directly into tornadoes and extreme heat. No buffer season this year.
I was really looking forward to watching the Twins play today for a little entertainment. Now it looks like my entertainment will consist of firing up the snow blower and watching my 14 week old puppy going to the bathroom outside with snow up to his neck.
Go Twins!! Hopefully you can play some games at home this year before July!