Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Through Ten Games, Twins On Pace For 97 Wins

joe mauer max kepler brian dozier jose berrios jake odorizzi
  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 4,848 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:25 PM

Right now the record doesn't tell us much and the stats don't tell us much more.

The one good thing is that they aren't off to a terrible start and they are doing kind of what we expect them to be doing. So far the bullpen and rotation both look improved and they played well against the Astros.

I expect Lynn/Odorizzi/Gibson to be competent low 4 ERA pitchers this year but BERRIOS START IS SOMETHING TO REALLY GET EXCITED ABOUT. 24K's and 1BB is pretty amazing even if it is SSS. He could be turning the corner in the #1/2 this organization needs.

• glunn and laloesch like this

Is 2016 2017 2018 the year that a good pitching prospect is truly blocked by 5 good pitchers in the starting rotation? 

Offseason (noun) - a time to propose trades assuming opposing GM's can't do the same basic analysis

#42 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 20,132 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:29 PM

Right now the record doesn't tell us much and the stats don't tell us much more.

The one good thing is that they aren't off to a terrible start and they are doing kind of what we expect them to be doing. So far the bullpen and rotation both look improved and they played well against the Astros.

I expect Lynn/Odorizzi/Gibson to be competent low 4 ERA pitchers this year but BERRIOS START IS SOMETHING TO REALLY GET EXCITED ABOUT. 24K's and 1BB is pretty amazing even if it is SSS. He could be turning the corner in the #1/2 this organization needs.

Yes, all of this. The offense is firing about as well as most of us expected (some clunkers, some raking, it will balance out in time) but everything looks just a little bit better than it did last year.

The big variable is Berrios. He could be amazing.

And we haven't even seen Santana yet. I expect him to regress but still be solid.

This could be a really good team.

#43 laloesch

laloesch

• Members
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:28 AM

He certainly has a nice curveball and heat on his fastball to get guys out.

#44 h2oface

h2oface

Lifelong since '61

• Members
  • 3,317 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:22 PM

No projection article coming from anybody after this week with the 2-8 second ten and the 8-12 record?

Something like....Through Twenty Games, Twins On Pace For 97 Losses

Edited by h2oface, 27 April 2018 - 02:28 PM.

• ashburyjohn likes this

#45 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 18,805 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:49 PM

No projection article coming from anybody after this week with the 2-8 second ten and the 8-12 record?

Something like....Through Twenty Games, Twins On Pace For 97 Losses

Who would click on that? :)

• h2oface likes this

When I stop worrying about accuracy I can remember all sorts of things.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: joe mauer, max kepler, brian dozier, jose berrios, jake odorizzi