Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: MIN 7, PIT 3: Rosario Sparks Comeback, Inspires Some Head-Scratching

eddie rosario miguel sano brian dozier jake odorizzi trevor hildenberger
  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 ThejacKmp

ThejacKmp

Wing Commander

• 2,098 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 08:36 AM

statcast had it at a 90% catchable rate. I am guessing that is where his number came from.

Wow, I'm really surprised by that. That one doesn't seem like a 90% one to me but I guess I'm wrong.

#42 jimmer

jimmer

A former AF SNCO who values integrity.

• 10,212 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 08:56 AM

Wow, I'm really surprised by that. That one doesn't seem like a 90% one to me but I guess I'm wrong.

I only knew it cause I read an article on the MLB Twins site that discussed the game and they gave that info.

#43 laloesch

laloesch

• 1,816 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:35 AM

As a former coach (and third base coach) I offer these observations. 

Eddie is not dissed because of his skin color. His skin color has nothing to do with 27 homers and all those throw outs in his rookie year. He is still a raw talent. He is not afraid to throw the runner out at the plate, and we love that. But he is an instinctive player, and those guys make mistakes. Still in all, I want that kind of guy on my team. 

Miggie runs through a stop sign. (Nobody suggests that he did that because he was black. Or did they and I missed it?)  He has up a head of steam, and went with his instinct. I like the desire and hustle. If I'm coaching third, I am pissed he runs through. But when he is safe, nobody grins bigger than me. Then I tell him "Don't ever do that again." But my takeaway is I am glad that Miggie wants to win. 

I also think it has nothing to do with race or anything silly like that.Give him some time to polish his skills and everyone should be happy with the results.I think with him the gaffs are so blatantly obvious that people see them and tee off on them more so then other players.Everyone should just remember one thing, talent can't be taught you either have it or you don't and Rosario has it, he's just a little rough around the edges still.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: eddie rosario, miguel sano, brian dozier, jake odorizzi, trevor hildenberger