Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Twins in Puerto Rico!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 FattCrapps

FattCrapps

Ft Myers

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 11:17 AM

Anyone else making the trip to the Island of Enchantment to see the Twins wreck shop on the Cleveland baseball team?

History, beaches, mofongo, rum!  

I have yet to purchase tickets to the game but I don't think it should be an issue.Has anyone been to the stadium before?

Edited by FattCrapps, 27 March 2018 - 11:17 AM.

• Carole Keller, glunn, nicksaviking and 1 other like this

#2 FattCrapps

FattCrapps

Ft Myers

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:07 PM

So I'm going to be the only Twins fan there? Jeez louise.

#3 goulik

goulik

• Members
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:20 PM

Wish I could.. That would be really cool!

#4 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

It’s all in the eyes of the beholder.

• Twins Mods
  • 21,188 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:52 AM

We expect pictures and reports, though. :)
  • nicksaviking, Craig Arko, goulik and 2 others like this

“May we teach our children that speaking out without the fear of retribution is our culture’s new north star.” ~Laura Dern

#5 Craig Arko

Craig Arko

Mathematically inclined primate

• Members
  • 8,266 posts
  • LocationThe Congo Basin

Posted 28 March 2018 - 09:09 AM

We expect pictures and reports, though. :)

Also would like to hear the pulse of the locals; although that may have to go to the Sports Bar. :)

• nicksaviking likes this

Mathematics knows no races or geographic boundaries;
for mathematics, the cultural world is one country. - David Hilbert

#6 AlwaysinModeration

AlwaysinModeration

Rochester Red Wings

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 07:51 PM

When are the games? I have imagine it is going to be a big ol party when Berrios pitches.

#7 FattCrapps

FattCrapps

Ft Myers

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 01:32 PM

Berrios is slated to pitch the April 17 game.

#8 Sarah

Sarah

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:02 AM

I would love to but I don't have the funds for that.:) It would be an amazing experience though! I agree with the others, a full report would be a fun read. 

• birdwatcher and Jerr like this

#9 gocgo

gocgo

• Members
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:05 AM

Anyone else making the trip to the Island of Enchantment to see the Twins wreck shop on the Cleveland baseball team?

History, beaches, mofongo, rum!  

I have yet to purchase tickets to the game but I don't think it should be an issue.Has anyone been to the stadium before?

Given the popularity of baseball in PR, I don't think I'd hold off on getting tickets.

• goulik and Nine of twelve like this

Mind your own biscuits and life will be gravy.

#10 Luke Albrecht

Luke Albrecht

Elizabethton

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 01:24 PM

Hey I'll be there, flying over from the DR for both games. Gonna meet my Dad who's coming from MPLS. Got your tickets yet? I know he got ours about a month ago on the official website and said there wern't too many left. I know that there were also some on stubhub but they were crazy expensive. I don't know about Puerto Rico but here in the DR there is a thriving second hand market but for a game like this I can't imagine they will come cheap. Not sure what we're planning on doing besides baseball but we should meet up before one of the games and grab a beer or something.

• Carole Keller, nicksaviking and FattCrapps like this

#11 FattCrapps

FattCrapps

Ft Myers

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:04 PM

Hey I'll be there, flying over from the DR for both games. Gonna meet my Dad who's coming from MPLS. Got your tickets yet? I know he got ours about a month ago on the official website and said there wern't too many left. I know that there were also some on stubhub but they were crazy expensive. I don't know about Puerto Rico but here in the DR there is a thriving second hand market but for a game like this I can't imagine they will come cheap. Not sure what we're planning on doing besides baseball but we should meet up before one of the games and grab a beer or something.

I bought the last ticket remaining for the Tuesday game (though now there is a standing room only option available).I'm tempted to go to the Wednesday game as well, but I want to explore more of the city and eat some delicious seafood.

Where do you plan on grabbing a beer before the game?Taberna Boricua is a beer/cocktail joint that is fairly close to the stadium.Where are you guys staying?I'll be in Santurce.

#12 Number3

Number3

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:07 AM

I bet the Twins are looking forward to some baseball weather.

• ashburyjohn likes this

#13 Luke Albrecht

Luke Albrecht

Elizabethton

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:15 AM

I bought the last ticket remaining for the Tuesday game (though now there is a standing room only option available).I'm tempted to go to the Wednesday game as well, but I want to explore more of the city and eat some delicious seafood.

Where do you plan on grabbing a beer before the game?Taberna Boricua is a beer/cocktail joint that is fairly close to the stadium.Where are you guys staying?I'll be in Santurce.

Not sure where we're staying exactly, I know it's close (less than a mile) from the stadium. We'd defiantly be down to meet at the Taberna, I'll PM u with my phone/whatsapp. I'm getting pretty excited now, not as much as everyone who's still in the Minnesota winter I'm sure...

#14 twinsfanstreif

twinsfanstreif

• Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:36 AM

I will not be there but PR is fantastic! Gotta do the bioluminescent bay!

#15 nater79a

nater79a

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:55 PM

Berrios is slated to pitch the April 17 game.

Sounds like Berrios is now scheduled to throw the 2nd game on the 18th.Odorizzi on Tuesday.

#16 FattCrapps

FattCrapps

Ft Myers

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:37 PM

Sounds like Berrios is now scheduled to throw the 2nd game on the 18th.Odorizzi on Tuesday.

Son of a...

#17 FattCrapps

FattCrapps

Ft Myers

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:07 AM

I will not be there but PR is fantastic! Gotta do the bioluminescent bay!

I've been to PR before, and did get to experience the Bioluminescent Bay in Vieques.That and El Yunque are incredible (though the storm really wrecked havoc on the latter)

I'm just gonna stick with San Juan this trip.I've yet to experience Ponce and the west coast, but that just means I'll have to come back.  

#18 twinsfanstreif

twinsfanstreif

• Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:15 AM

I've been to PR before, and did get to experience the Bioluminescent Bay in Vieques.That and El Yunque are incredible (though the storm really wrecked havoc on the latter)

I'm just gonna stick with San Juan this trip.I've yet to experience Ponce and the west coast, but that just means I'll have to come back.

I was disappointed with San Juan, during the week it's pretty much dead, apparently all the action is on the weekends. There's also a lot of touisty crap because of the cruise lines

#19 D. Hocking

D. Hocking

• Members
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 02:28 PM

They are off.... (I am assuming that is a chocolate cigar in Mauer's mouth).

Da2XdVUXcAE8PCv.jpg

Edited by D. Hocking, 15 April 2018 - 02:29 PM.

• ashburyjohn likes this

#20 Craig Arko

Craig Arko

Mathematically inclined primate

• Members
  • 8,266 posts
  • LocationThe Congo Basin

Posted 15 April 2018 - 02:39 PM

I bet the Twins are looking forward to some baseball weather.

Rain a possibility on both days. Bring snakebite medicine.

Mathematics knows no races or geographic boundaries;
for mathematics, the cultural world is one country. - David Hilbert