Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Jorge Polanco Suspended 80 Games

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 milldaddy35

milldaddy35

• Members
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:58 PM

Guessing Aybar now makes the team? 

Career Game Thread Record: 2-1

#2 Platoon

Platoon

Minnesota Twins

• Members
  • 4,869 posts
  • LocationTwinsWorld

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:05 PM

Well that was not expected. We could end up with an all suspended left side of the IF? It would seem Aybar is a possibility. Or does EE play SS? Ugh!
TwinsWorld: Did you hear we just updated the Stadium Club?

If I wanted balls and strikes called by a robot, I would get an Xbox!

#3 jimmer

jimmer

A former AF SNCO who values integrity.

• Members
  • 10,212 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:05 PM

Wow.

#4 Jaykay

Jaykay

Puerto Rico Joe

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:09 PM

WOW!

#5 NewClearHarley

NewClearHarley

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:10 PM

well Escobar starts now. I also assume both Adrianza and Aybar make team. Unless we keep one more pitcher. 

#6 milldaddy35

milldaddy35

• Members
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:11 PM

Hmm. Wonder why we don't want him to appeal? 

Career Game Thread Record: 2-1

#7 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 6,059 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:16 PM

Not buying the excuse.
If an athlete wants to take a B12 supplement, I'm guessing the team can quite safely obtain it for them, rather than some athletic trainer in a third world country.
  • milldaddy35 likes this

#8 S.

S.

• Members
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:21 PM

Not buying the excuse.
If an athlete wants to take a B12 supplement, I'm guessing the team can quite safely obtain it for them, rather than some athletic trainer in a third world country.

They could also safely obtain it themselves. Its not like B12 and iron vitamins are regulated in any way or difficult to find at any number of stores. And what does the trainer benefit by spending their own money on performance enhancing drugs when their client asked for some cheap ass vitamins?

• Nine of twelve likes this

#9 mickeymental

mickeymental

• Members
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:23 PM

he’ll be fresh for the postseason.
  • gunnarthor likes this

#10 old nurse

old nurse

• Members
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:24 PM

Hmm. Wonder why we don't want him to appeal? 

The excuse never works

#11 ewen21

ewen21

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:25 PM

Very disappointed in Polanco.Very VERY disappoointed

#12 Danchat

Danchat

Pro Bowl Armchair QB

• Members
  • 3,992 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:27 PM

SDF:KSF_WR@#R)(@*R)(@#TFJEWGE{I)HWE{FIJ!I!!JI!JQ!{@U#!!!!!!!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

*Cough Cough* Ahem. This isn't quite as bad as when Santana was suspended, but it really sucks to have this right after a great offseason. It looks like Escobar and Adrianza will be playing plenty of SS and Aybar will likely make the team too. 

I wonder if Nick Gordon could find his way up during this suspension... I wouldn't count on it, but I think there's a possibility of that happening.

#13 old nurse

old nurse

• Members
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:27 PM

Not buying the excuse.

It would be likely that he asked for injections. People do not taking oral iron as it turns your poo into sticky black stuff.

#14 USAFChief

USAFChief

Anyone got a smoke?

• Twins Mods
  • 22,149 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:36 PM

Ugh.

And the lame statement makes it worse.

Cutting my carbs...with a pizza slicer.

#15 fengriver

fengriver

Elizabethton

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:38 PM

Winstrol and B 12 arent going to provide the same benefits. Not sure where the thought process was with the trainer. Winstrol isnt a monster steriod in which your strength and size will increase in a large manner. Winstrol will put about 5 pounds of lean muscle on you with some increase in strength. The risk vs. the reward factor. If he isnt caught then he has provided himself with an avenue to expand his offensive game. Now that he has been caught the muscle mass that was gained will still be there after the suspension. Muscles have memory, once established it will be there until much later in life.

#16 jimmer

jimmer

A former AF SNCO who values integrity.

• Members
  • 10,212 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:41 PM

I buy the excuse, but I have the same observation that a conscientious athlete should know better than to ingest or inject something from a source that is not 100% trustworthy.

How long before the athletes figure out they need to have their team doctors giving them stuff and no one else?And if it HAS to be someone else, that the stuff is cleared by the team doctor before taking it?

#17 twinssporto

twinssporto

Throwin' Aspirins

• Members
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationTonka

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:46 PM

This is very uncool news...Maybe coming off the juice was the reason for his throwing issues lately...

On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

#18 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 9,349 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:59 PM

I expect Escobar will be our starting shortstop but Gordon might get called up a bit faster if he's hot in AAA.

#19 Nine of twelve

Nine of twelve

Rochester Red Wings

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationEarth, for the time being

Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:11 PM

How long before the athletes figure out they need to have their team doctors giving them stuff and no one else?And if it HAS to be someone else, that the stuff is cleared by the team doctor before taking it?

I'll bet $1000 that the team has told its players exactly that. However, there's the it-could-never-happen-to-me syndrome, or the oops-he-was-given-the-wrong-supplement syndrome, or, most likely, the not-the-sharpest-knife-in-the-drawer syndrome.
  • Dozier's Glorious Hair likes this

#20 Clear

Clear

Elizabethton

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:53 AM

he’ll be fresh for the postseason.

Actually Polanco is now ineligible for any postseason play due to the suspension. Sucks but would be good to see him play a little bit this season after the suspension to see if he can maintain his last 2 months in 2017, and for how we should play him in 2019.
  • ashburyjohn likes this

Kirilloff lowkey going to win AL ROY and MVP