DOB: February 20th, 1997. Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Weight: 185 lbs.
Signed as an International Free Agent in 2015 after the European Championships U18. Taylor was originally an outfielder and first baseman with a pretty good bat. But eventually signed as a pitcher with the Twins. During the European Champions U18 in 2015 for the first time he was used only as a pitcher.
The southpaw has a pretty good fastball in the low 90-s and a nice curveball. Hit pitfall is his command. He can be wild sometimes, while opponents have enough trouble with him when he does find the zone. If he could get his pitches and wildness under control, he will make big steps.
Taylor participated in European Championships U15 in 2012, with the gold medal as a result. During this tournament he was awarded for the best hitter. In 2015 he participated in the European Championship U18 and (unfortunately) the loosing pitcher in the final against Italy.
Taylor made his debut as an outfielder in 2013 with the Dutch organization HCAW on the highest level. In 2015 he made his debut as a pitcher with another organization, Pioniers. This was also the year that Taylor started to focus more on pitching.
Last year Taylor split time between Elizabethton and GCL. This year will be his 3rd as a professional ballplayer and he is expected to join Elizabethton again after extended spring.
• International Scout Glenn Godwinn played for HCAW in the ‘70s. The same organization where Taylor made his debut.
• Taylor and Donny Breek live in the same neighborhood in the Netherlands only one block of houses apart.
• Taylors’ dad and Donny’s dad played together in the past on the highest Dutch level for a short period of time
• Both dads are now coaching with different organizations on this level and play against each other.
• 2017 STATS: 2-3, 5.84 ERA, 11/4 G/GS, 1.74 WHIP, 25/27 K/BB, 24.2 IP
• 2016 STATS: 1-4, 2.47 ERA, 11/10 G/GS, 1.21 WHIP, 47/26 K/BB, 43.2 IP