Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Twins 2018 Position Analysis: Shortstop

jorge polanco nick gordon royce lewis wander javier
  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 19,973 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:57 AM

About what you'd expect, I think....

https://www.fangraph...ings-shortstop/

Higher than I expected. With Polanco, I thought the Twins might crack the top half of baseball. Without him, I expected to see them further down the list.

• flpmagikat likes this

#22 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 25,813 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:58 AM

Higher than I expected. With Polanco, I thought the Twins might crack the top half of baseball. Without him, I expected to see them further down the list.

They still get half of Polanco, and Escobar is not as bad as people here seem to think. Really, those two look about even on projections....but as the article says, Polanco you can dream on. Esco is what he is.

One of the best opening day rosters in years. Now go get 'em.

#23 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 19,973 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:00 PM

They still get half of Polanco, and Escobar is not as bad as people here seem to think. Really, those two look about even on projections....but as the article says, Polanco you can dream on. Esco is what he is.

Offensively, they should be fine. I expected them lower due to the defensive side of the ball. Escobar is pretty shaky at short and Polanco is a question mark.

#24 Doomtints

Doomtints

Joe's Shades™

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:39 PM

Polanco was still working through some kinks. He may not have been good right out of the gate this year so his absence may not hurt all that much. We'll find out.

We were all worried when Morneau went down a few years ago only to have Cuddyer turn into a superhero when it mattered. Now someone else gets that opportunity.

Edited by Doomtints, 21 March 2018 - 12:40 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jorge polanco, nick gordon, royce lewis, wander javier