- Article: Clock Management Bites The Vikings Once Again
Today, 07:58 PM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Today, 05:40 PM
- Article: We Wish You a Purple Christmas
Today, 10:55 AM
- Should Teddy win the ROY award?
Today, 10:54 AM
- Article: Film Review: Teddy Dazzles While the Defense Grew Dim
Today, 08:31 AM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: Salvaging Players, Fitting Zimmer's Defense, Chemistry and Draft Priorities
Today, 06:15 AM
- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Today, 01:03 AM
- Article: Pro Bowl Shuts Out Vikings
Yesterday, 11:28 PM
- Vikings Free Agency News
Yesterday, 07:16 PM
- Norv Turner defends his rookie QB
Yesterday, 12:00 PM
Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:22 PM
Drafted in 33rd round out of Florida Gulf Coast after hitting .280 as a senior doesnt seem like much.
Looking deeper, he hit .359 as a junior & .356 as a soph, playing fulltime.
If you're not familar with the league, it's where Twins prospect Adam Walker, Sox pitcher Chris Sale, TOR's #1 SP (20th--09) Chad Jenkin, COL #1 SP (34th-09) Rex Brothers came out of, among others.....so there is good competition.
Last yr with GCL, hit .245/.370/.340 in 106ABs.....nothing to be excited about
This yr with ELIZ, hit .424/.500/.606 in 33ABs/10gms....promoted to BEL July 7th
In BEL, 40gms 137ABs .314/.444/.409 24runs 10doubles HR 20rbi 21k 25bb 6/10sb's
About/just behind where 4yr college player Brian Dozier was at this point.
With Polanco/Goodrum/Pimento due in BEL next yr, would assume he would start in Ft Myers next yr.
Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:25 PM
Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:43 PM
What have you heard on Rosario...couple things Ive read is they are happy/OK with his debut defensive year.
Hard to get too excited about Wickens yet, although this year he has done very well. Since joining the Snappers, he's played some 2B and some SS, not that great with the glove. His bat, surprisingly, is what keeps him in the lineup. He isn't a top 30 guy for me at this point, but if he were to jump up to FM next year, might be worth watching. Some of his future, frankly, has more to do with whether or not Rosario stays at 2B. Lots of middle infielders in the Twins system that re all very similar.