Round 1 of the Adopt-A-Prospect began on Monday. About 40 of the Twins top prospects were made available for adopting. Next week, more Twins minor leaguers will be adoptable as well.Twins Daily's Adopt-A-Prospectbegan several years ago as an opportunity to let Twins Daily readers contribute, but also to allow fans to get to know more about minor leaguers.
Twins Daily is the the best place online for Twins minor league coverage. Part of that is because we believe that these minor leaguers deserve to be recognized for their work in season and in the offseason, when no one is looking. They don't get the big bucks, in fact, they make less than minimum wage. They get to take long bus rides around remote parts of the country.
The top prospects get some talk nationally or regionally. However, Adopt-A-Prospect allows us to connect with them on a different level.
What would we like to see from those who adopt a prospect?
- Create a thread for the player in the Adopt-A-Prospect forums.
- Write up an introductory post on the player. Information can include anything you think is noteworthy; background, stats, video or more.
- Throughout the year, watch for their name in the daily Minor League Reports and report back into your forum.
- Do the occasional online search to see if there have been articles written on him. Sometimes their local newspapers will write an article on a player that we might never see. So, if we can find those, it'd be great.
- We expect that there will be at least one update each week, but the more the better.
Please consider adopting a couple of Twins prospects this year.
Click here to view the article