Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Uncertainty Continues To Follow Sano

miguel sano aroldis chapman rob manfred
  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 scottz

scottz

• Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:45 PM

Jim Those was a first ballot Hall of Faser.
  • ashburyjohn, USAFChief, birdwatcher and 6 others like this

#22 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 11,962 posts
  • LocationThe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:36 AM

should note that Sano was pretty awful last spring... didn't seem to affect much once the season started, so I wouldn't worry about that. 

On the other side of things, even he is guilty, I don't see him getting the Chapman treatment for many of the reasons specified in this thread. 

#23 ThejacKmp

ThejacKmp

Wing Commander

• Members
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:44 AM

People pretend to care about the hot social justice/ crime against humanity fad. Then we go back to caring about what we really care about.

Yesterday, we cared about the abuse of power over women in the industries.  

Then we remembered that we really care more about how effective the Twins lineup will be.

Today, we care about assualt weapons being available to the mentally disturbed or maybe anyone for that matter.

Tomorrow, we'll remember that we really care about those number 4 and 5 starters and how much stock we should put in the big fat eggs that Hughes and Sanchez laid the last couple days.

Disagree. For me, things softened because this wasn't the first of seven women to come forward. That's been the pattern in the past and when it's a serial thing, it's harder to think "well he was young" or "maybe he learned his lesson."

i hope the league takes it seriously and sano learns from this and apologizes (likely privately). But I'm optimistic that he was young and misread something and made a change after this. Otherwise there would have been others stepping forward.
  • Cris E and sftwinsfan like this

#24 The Wise One

The Wise One

• Members
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:41 AM

Victims of our own humanity... better to care for a minute or not care at all?

Maybe practicing a few minutes of caring will lead to hours of caring.. In the bigger world I do not see that happening, but one can hope. 

• Carole Keller and Craig Arko like this

#25 BJames

BJames

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:18 AM

I'm for trading Sano for an ACE. Never been a fan of the long ball hitters.

#26 The Wise One

The Wise One

• Members
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:09 PM

The Sano and Chapman situations are so different in so many ways they should not even be in the same paragraph. Spring sample sizes an judging season outcomes . Hector Santiago has given up only one run in eight innings. What on earth was the FO thinking about letting this talent go. 

• Thrylos likes this

#27 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Win!!

• Twins Mods
  • 10,560 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:46 PM

i'm guessing there is always a reasonable amount of uncertainty towards any player that's had a titanium rod inserted into their leg during the  off season, although I think 8 AB's and a handful of games in March is a bit too early to be concerned about it much. 

• Carole Keller likes this

#28 Thrylos

Thrylos

Twins World Champions in 2018

• Members
  • 9,332 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:04 PM

the Sano decision will need to be fair, credible and transparent, and they can't release hardly any information about it due to privacy laws. 

FWIW, this is not true.Information that the MLB uses to make employment decisions is not protected by any privacy laws, since it is not USDOJ info (privacy act of 1974) because no police report was ever filed, social security/financial info (Sarbanes Oxley), or personal health information (HIPAA.)

They can release everything they can, and they should, in order to be transparent. So far it is a she says, he says information that lacks any (named or outed) witnesses (and the 2 other individuals involved - memorabilia shop owner and agent - suggested that they did not observe anything because they were not in the area at the time...)

-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#29 Deduno Abides

Deduno Abides

Rochester Plates

• Members
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:01 AM

I'm for trading Sano for an ACE. Never been a fan of the long ball hitters.

Yeah, after that, an ace or really any kind of bandage.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: miguel sano, aroldis chapman, rob manfred