Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Ex-Twins in the Box Scores

• Please log in to reply
446 replies to this topic

#41 Respy

Respy

Ft Myers

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • LocationNorth 'Burbs

Posted 01 March 2018 - 02:09 PM

Bartolo Colon is starting for the Rangers today.

#42 Doctor Wu

Doctor Wu

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 556 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 07:46 AM

Goodrum got two more hits for the Tigers, including his second homer of the week! Where did that power come from? One of those heralded new launch angles? Ben Revere got signed by the Reds but haven't seen his name in a box score yet.

#43 birdwatcher

birdwatcher

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 08:22 AM

Here's a useless fact: a full 40-man roster of ex-Twins have now been mentioned in this thread. I counted. Okay, bye now. Gotta run out and get a life.

• Brock Beauchamp, ashburyjohn, USAFChief and 5 others like this

#44 Doctor Wu

Doctor Wu

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 556 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:30 AM

Noticed that Danny Santana had a 4-for-4 game for the Bravesyesterday, including a home run! Ben Revere got his first hit for the Reds (I think he signed a minor league contract, so no guarantees he will make the team), and the Reds also have Vance Worley in camp.

#45 Han Joelo

Han Joelo

• Members
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:57 AM

Danny Santana is the gift that keeps on giving. In this article (http://mlb.com/r/art...ws_tex&c_id=tex) the writer lumps him in with Acuna and Albies as reasons to watch out for the Braves.
  • USAFChief and birdwatcher like this

#46 Dantes929

Dantes929

• Members
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 10:04 AM

Daniel Palka, now with the White Sox, had a hit in their game yesterday.yesterday. Wonder if he has a chance to make that club? But I tell you, looking at that box score and the names of some of the Chicago players, made my stomach rumble: Delmonico, Burger, and Danish!

So not all the White Sox are named Garcia?

• birdwatcher and spycake like this

If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#47 birdwatcher

birdwatcher

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 10:19 AM

I fear nausea will be the problem very soon with those White Sox as we see all the potential superstars gracing THEIR box score: Moncada, Jiminez, Robert, Kopech, and they might have a half dozen other starters coming along in Hansen, Cease, Lopez, Giolito....pass the Tums please.

Edited by birdwatcher, 10 March 2018 - 10:19 AM.

• Seth Stohs and jkcarew like this

#48 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 10,969 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:51 AM

Danny Santana is the gift that keeps on giving. In this article (http://mlb.com/r/art...ws_tex&c_id=tex) the writer lumps him in with Acuna and Albies as reasons to watch out for the Braves.

Good. He can tease Atlanta for a few months like he did to Minnesota.

#49 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 11,547 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:16 PM

Spending 4 million in hopes of getting a prospect is an expensive prospect. That is the reason a frugal team like Tampa, who dumped far better plays for little return, shouldn't be signing these kinds of players.

Huh?

$4M is a drop in the bucket. A trifling cost of doing business in Major League Baseball. You staff a competent OF at the outset of a rebuilding season with the hope of Span and/or Gomez experiencing a production renaissance and then cashing in with more prospects. And you don't necessarily spend the whole $4M, your budget is built in on moving them between June and August.

Edited by jokin, 10 March 2018 - 12:17 PM.

Joyous, fact-based and tireless Twins fan for 40+ years, who unfortunately has been characterized as-

"forcing Twins fans to endure more bitter, baseless, and tiresome cheap shots about the Twins FO."

#50 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 11,547 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:18 PM

Here's a useless fact: a full 40-man roster of ex-Twins have now been mentioned in this thread. I counted. Okay, bye now. Gotta run out and get a life.

Hah. Too late, methinks.

• Dantes929 likes this

Joyous, fact-based and tireless Twins fan for 40+ years, who unfortunately has been characterized as-

"forcing Twins fans to endure more bitter, baseless, and tiresome cheap shots about the Twins FO."

#51 old nurse

old nurse

• Members
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:37 PM

Huh?

$4M is a drop in the bucket. A trifling cost of doing business in Major League Baseball. You staff a competent OF at the outset of a rebuilding season with the hope of Span and/or Gomez experiencing a production renaissance and then cashing in with more prospects. And you don't necessarily spend the whole $4M, your budget is built in on moving them between June and August.

4 million for a salary is not so much then why do they fight tooth and nail over 250k in arbitration? 4 million for a prospect? See bonus monies paid to prospects. You can remember the few success stories and forget all of the failures of these players. You can remember the few prospects that pan outand forget about all the failures. Last years outfielders that were traded were Cbrbera and Martinez.Cabrera brought nothing back.Hoping against hope that a GM would think that these players could turn into a Martinez is foolish.

Edited by old nurse, 10 March 2018 - 01:53 PM.

#52 birdwatcher

birdwatcher

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:17 PM

So not all the White Sox are named Garcia?

Not anymore. They cut Garcia.

• big dog likes this

#53 mickeymental

mickeymental

• Members
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:29 PM

hows about current twins in the box scores? nine runs on nine hits in the first inning versus boston ...

#54 Doctor Wu

Doctor Wu

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 556 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:01 AM

Liriano had another good outing for the Tigers this week. Looks like they play on using him as a starter again. And I think Nolasco is in the mix to make the Royals rotation!

#55 old nurse

old nurse

• Members
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:24 AM

Liriano had another good outing for the Tigers this week. Looks like they play on using him as a starter again. And I think Nolasco is in the mix to make the Royals rotation!

Nolasco has not pitched yet, Liriano has had 2 outings and 5 innings. At this point in spring training I don't think that much pitching puts them front and center for plans

#56 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 14,261 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:46 AM

Nolasco has not pitched yet, Liriano has had 2 outings and 5 innings. At this point in spring training I don't think that much pitching puts them front and center for plans

I think the poster is referring to published reports like these:

"Gardenhire: Francisco Liriano has Tigers rotation spot if he’s healthy"

https://www.detroitn...-spot/32838951/

Although there haven't been any such reports on Nolasco and the Royals -- the Royals have a pretty set top 5 right now, although even before throwing a pitch, Nolasco has a strong case for being #6 on their SP depth chart, with the potential to move up in case of injury.

• Carole Keller likes this

#57 old nurse

old nurse

• Members
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:53 AM

I think the poster is referring to published reports like these:

"Gardenhire: Francisco Liriano has Tigers rotation spot if he’s healthy"

https://www.detroitn...-spot/32838951/

Although there haven't been any such reports on Nolasco and the Royals -- the Royals have a pretty set top 5 right now, although even before throwing a pitch, Nolasco has a strong case for being #6 on their SP depth chart, with the potential to move up in case of injury.

True or not, has Gardenhire ever not said anything nice about veteran players

#58 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 10,969 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:02 PM

Old friend Pedro Florimon had his contract selected by the Phillies. He's most likely heading north with them as their utility IF.

https://www.mlbtrade...er-alvarez.html
  • Carole Keller likes this

#59 Doctor Wu

Doctor Wu

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 556 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:38 AM

Old friend Pedro Florimon had his contract selected by the Phillies. He's most likely heading north with them as their utility IF.

https://www.mlbtrade...er-alvarez.html

Florimon played some outfield for the Phillies last year too. They must like his versatility. Plus, he was actually hitting for a higher average (for him!) before he got injured. As for other ex-Twins infielders, I wonder if Plouffe has a chance to make the Rangers team? He hasn't done a whole lot to impress thus far this spring.

#60 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 10,969 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:57 PM

Old friends Bartolo Colon and Ricky Nolasco were released from their respective teams today.