Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Ex-Twins in the Box Scores

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#221 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:35 PM

I guess not everyone gave up on them first, but we transformed Dozier and Escobar beyond what folks commonly expected. Adrianza is a modest win so far. Grossman for a season with the bat...

Rosario also seems, in a small sample, to have dramatically improved.
  • Mike Sixel likes this

#222 Oldgoat_MN

Oldgoat_MN

Any chance we'll extend a player? Anyone?

• Members
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:35 PM

I suspect there is a comment on a White Sox blog somewhere about how the Sox were foolish to give up on Eduardo Escobar for a return of 56.2 innings of Francisco Liriano posting a 5.4 ERA.

In baseball, almost nothing is certain.

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet just because it has a name or a photo you recognize.

- Abraham Lincoln

#223 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• Twins Mods
  • 11,986 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:47 PM

Perhaps it's Minnesota paranoia about no one wanting to be here, but Murphy never looked to thrilled when he was up with the Twins. 

I probably read too much into it, but to me he seemed to gave off a "I was a Yankee and now I have to be a Twin?" vibe.

#224 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 19,912 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:23 AM

Perhaps it's Minnesota paranoia about no one wanting to be here, but Murphy never looked to thrilled when he was up with the Twins. 

I probably read too much into it, but to me he seemed to gave off a "I was a Yankee and now I have to be a Twin?" vibe.

It's paranoia. Pierzynski did the same thing with the Giants and he was playing in one of the best markets in baseball. There were complaints about him watching Twins games after the trade.

It's natural. You come up with an org, you learn its ways, you become part of the system. When you leave - especially as a person in their mid-20s after spending your entire professional life with one organization - it's going to sting a bit. Maybe you reject them entirely, maybe you only wish you were back at your "home".

#225 big dog

big dog

• Members
  • 2,769 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:22 AM

Also known as Tommy Herr syndrome.