Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

Photo

2018 Draft stuff

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 26,453 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:35 PM

Agreed. And I wasn't trying to say one example proves anything, it is just fascinating to me how this guy fell

One of the best opening day rosters in years. Now go get 'em.

#102 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 12,281 posts
  • LocationThe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:03 PM

"always take hitters early"

and this....about a guy that would have been a top 5 pick a few years ago...

Kyle
3:15 Can JJ SCHWARZ stick at C? Where will he be drafted?
Eric A Longenhagen
3:15 No, he's someone's senior sign

Given our need for catchers, and the fact that he was considered a high pick at one point, this is a senior sign that I think the Twins should pick in round 11 (or top 10 if he's signing under slot).
  • Mike Sixel likes this

#103 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:14 PM

Given our need for catchers, and the fact that he was considered a high pick at one point, this is a senior sign that I think the Twins should pick in round 11 (or top 10 if he's signing under slot).

Schwartz won't be drafted as a catcher though.
That's part of the reason why he's not a top prospect anymore.

#104 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 26,453 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:18 PM

Schwartz won't be drafted as a catcher though.
That's part of the reason why he's not a top prospect anymore.

Agreed. I'd definitely be interested late.... He once showed her could hit

One of the best opening day rosters in years. Now go get 'em.

#105 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 3,709 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 10:20 AM

All kinds of things floating about the early picks now - with the understanding that many are smoke screens, but some relate back to things whispered, if not outright stated early in the process.

The Phillies and Mets both could be looking to cut big deals if Mize/Bart are not available for them, pushing someone who wouldn't figure into the top 5 and another into the top 10, and bumping other guys back.

One of the surprise teams that sent people of importance to yesterday's Florida game were the Braves, who haven't really been tied to Jonathan India, and it was well-known that Singer and Kowar weren't pitching. Could be some possibility that the Braves make a splash with India at 8 as well, which would toss a few other things into turmoil.

Most likely, the players the Mets and Phillies would target would be HS arms, meaning less on the market, but that would also mean that hitters start to fall, and if the Braves grab India, that could mean guys like Swaggerty and college arms get bumped down as well, meaning all sorts of names could be on the board for the Twins that mocks haven't had available there.

My personal take on talk over the last week - Cole Winn isn't getting out of the top 10, and he very well could be the first high school player taken.

Co-Editor at CallToThePen.com, covering Twins, Braves, minor leagues, and all other baseball!