Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Kernels 2018 Line-Up

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mudcat14

mudcat14

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:49 PM

Even with 8" of snow on the ground, I looking forward with excitement to the roster we may see two short months from now 20 miles north of me in Cedar Rapids.I'm not sure if they'll want Lewis & Javier to have to split SS innings, but even if Royce moves on to Ft. Meyers, the line-up should be loaded.Holdovers could include Cabbage, Carrier, Gore, Kennedy, Kerrigan, Minier & Morrison.Newcomers will likely feature Albanese, Badoo, Bechtold, Crites, Miranda & Silva from Elizabethton, along with a healthy Kiriloff plus fresh faces in Banuelos & Pearson.I haven't even covered pitching, but I'll leave it at one word ...Brusdar! 

In terms of potential, it could be the most prospect filled line-up the Twins have had in CR since their debut in 2013, which has so far yielded Berrios, Buxton, Duffy, Goodrum, Kepler, Polanco & Rogers.

Edited by mudcat14, 10 February 2018 - 01:51 PM.

• beckmt, DocBauer and howieramone2 like this

"Hey!You F**ked Up.You trusted us." - Otter to Flounder in 'Animal House'

#2 AZTwin

AZTwin

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:53 PM

Here’s my guess at the opening day roster

C rortvedt
1B Ben Rodriguez
2B Miranda
SS Javier/Lewis
3B Bechtold
OF Lewis/Javier/Albanese
OF Baddoo
OF Kiriloff
DH Albanese

SP Graterol
SP Enlow
CP Moran

Team will be absolutely loaded with prospects. In this scenario I have Pearson starting in extended league. Buenolos is in ft Myers. Could swap him and rortvedt though
  • DocBauer likes this

#3 beckmt

beckmt

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:53 PM

I am hoping to be there in late June, so will hope that Lewis, Javier, Kiriloff ,Baddoo are there with Gastrol, Enlow, and Moran as part of the pitching staff.Should be interesting.  

#4 AZTwin

AZTwin

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:09 PM

I am hoping to be there in late June, so will hope that Lewis, Javier, Kiriloff ,Baddoo are there with Gastrol, Enlow, and Moran as part of the pitching staff. Should be interesting.

I’ll make the drive the first few weekends of the year. Too much talent not to

#5 clutterheart

clutterheart

• Members
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:22 AM

When Miranda was drafted, the Twins were thinking he was going to play 3B.Whatever lineup/defensive configuration Gardenhire comes up with, every infielder in Fort Myers is going to be looking over their shoulder all year

Edited by clutterheart, 11 February 2018 - 11:22 AM.

#6 slash129

slash129

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:47 PM

JJ Robinson and Kolton Kendrick could be in that 1B/DH mix.

#7 DocBauer

DocBauer

• Members
  • 4,387 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:21 PM

Loaded!

Been planning a trip for the past 2 years but couldn't make it. My dad went last year by himself. Come he'll or high water we'll be there at some point this summer. With luck, will get to meet a few of the TD family!

"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."

--Lou Brown

#8 Twins33

Twins33

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:22 PM

I will probably be going in late June.