Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Royce Lewis vs. 2017 Draftees Update Club

battle royale whos the best pick hot taeks from the draft
  • Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 30,015 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:54 PM

Anthony: If you think Lewis is unplayable at SS, do you anticipate knocking him down from #2 overall in your top 100 reevaluation?

12:53
Eric A Longenhagen: no, he’ll be fine at either 2B or CF and league-wide SS wRC+ is actually higherthan you think right now

It's been a fun year so far, GO Twins. 

#62 birdwatcher

birdwatcher

• Members
  • 4,096 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:46 PM

I never said it was the only way. Not once. Never even implied it.

Really? I guess I've heard the drum beat from you for so long about the inadvisability of passing on pitchers in round one of the Rule 4 that it obscured your other thoughts about what you think are the other ways. Outside of a massive FA spend, which is another constant drum beat, what other possibilities do you see?

And I get it, I'm wishing that Gausman was a better option than Buxton. But now, while I would bet serious money that Royce Lewis produces more WAR than two out of Greene, Gore, McKay, and Wright, I don't know that we can chastise them at this point from passing on those four or Gausman. I say this as an ignorant soul who probably would have picked Gore, or maybe Greene, for the same reason, my desire for a rotation ace.

#63 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

What's His OPS?

• Members
  • 12,515 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 01 August 2019 - 12:20 PM

I didn't think Adell would be such a fast riser but he is. After Royce got promoted to AA a week ago that leaves Hunter Greene (TJS) as the only 2017 draftee we were following who hasn't seen AA action.

Edited by Vanimal46, 01 August 2019 - 12:21 PM.