Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Royce Lewis vs. 2017 Draftees Update Club

battle royale whos the best pick hot taeks from the draft
  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 6,402 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:42 PM

Perhaps my memory needs a refresh, but I dont' really remember Adell being in the conversation at all, and I think Hiura was in a similar boat... Either way, I know I wasn't thrilled with the Lewis pick because it seemed cheap, but in all it looks like they did it right, not just getting what turned out to be one of the best prospects in the game right now, but using the lower signing amount to supplement it with a lot of high ceiling guys in Rooker, Leach, Enlow, etc.

I don't recall Adell being in the conversation nationally either. But, there was a regular poster here that badly wanted the Twins to take him.

#22 2wins87

2wins87

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:49 AM

I don't recall Adell being in the conversation nationally either. But, there was a regular poster here that badly wanted the Twins to take him.

Can you imagine how much people would have railed on the pick if the Twins had taken Adell 1st overall?Plenty of people were already upset about Lewis.

#23 drivlikejehu

drivlikejehu

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:03 AM

Adell at #2 is an outlier and I don't think very sensible. In a redraft, I'd take Lewis #1 without a doubt. Then Adell, then Gore. 

If you ain't got no haters, you ain't poppin'.

#24 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 9,475 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:27 AM

That was me!

• diehardtwinsfan, nicksaviking and dbminn like this

#25 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 6,402 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:53 AM

That was me!

I was actually thinking of someone that's no longer present (can't recall his username), though I'm sure there were others.

#26 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 9,475 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:40 PM

I was actually thinking of someone that's no longer present (can't recall his username), though I'm sure there were others.

Screw that guy. It was me!

• birdwatcher, Mike Sixel, diehardtwinsfan and 3 others like this

#27 AZTwin

AZTwin

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 833 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:59 PM

Bob? The cubs fan that followed the twins in ft Myers but then moved away?

#28 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• Twins Mods
  • 13,245 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:03 PM

I was thinking of you, or the mystery poster. I’m going hunting later, it’s the internet so it’s there somewhere; last chance to come clean!

#29 gbg

gbg

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:15 PM

Since apparently I have nothing better to do on a Friday night, I looked through the original thread. Willihammer was the one who really wanted Adell.

And, man were people here ticked about the Twins getting Lewis...

• birdwatcher and dbminn like this

#30 birdwatcher

birdwatcher

• Members
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:17 PM

And you're STILL wrong.;)

#31 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 6,402 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:06 PM

Since apparently I have nothing better to do on a Friday night, I looked through the original thread. Willihammer was the one who really wanted Adell.

And, man were people here ticked about the Twins getting Lewis...

Thank you. That's who I was thinking of.
  • gbg likes this

#32 rghrbek

rghrbek

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 12:17 AM

Can we do this with the Kohl Stewart draft or Tyler Jay draft?

Perspective.  

I know this is specifically about 2017, there was better talent at that draft, but man, we need some time.

#33 Doctor Wu

Doctor Wu

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:23 AM

I was really hoping the Twins would draft a pitcher that year, but now that the dust has settled I'm very pleased with how Royce Lewis has played so far. Of course these are still early days and who know how all of these players will end up doing, but I'm very confident that Lewis will be a keeper, and hopefully a perennial all-star for the Twins.

• diehardtwinsfan and Twins33 like this